Grado Fan Club!
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #48,676 of 65,633
I am not going to show this photo to my wife, I will let the future be a surprise to her.
... my wife always asks why I have more the one headphone, ( she was kinda not happy when I got my Grados )... on the other hand I ask he why she's buying yet another handbag…

Sep 20, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #48,679 of 65,633
Sep 20, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #48,681 of 65,633
5CEA7FA4-05D8-468C-9BD0-A143CFA53D33.jpeg
A gaggle of Grados. I was moving things around a bit in my music room and unintentionally ended up with this temporary configuration. As it was not done for the photo there are a few more that did not make it into this pic. There is a Maple Tree Audio tube amp under this stack (all tubes protected). Fun to share.
You got the Grado bug bad...

I'm jealous:smiley_cat:

Sep 20, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #48,682 of 65,633
People who obsess over technical measurements and believe that they’re the only thing that matters remind me of those who have very narrow music tastes because they believe that anything that deviates from the music theory they’ve been taught must be ‘incorrect’.

Same with film and tv. I’ve met a number of people in my life who learned a little about music theory or about film creation - not enough to really become experts in the field, but just enough to grow an ego - and they end up believing that that genres and styles that meet their learned theories are ‘correct’ and anything that deviates from those theories is ‘incorrect’.

What a boring way to live life. It completely destroys art. Imagine all the genres of music and all the fantastic film directors that simply wouldn’t exist if everything had to meet what the theories in old textbooks deemed was the ‘correct’ way to film a scene or the ‘correct’ way to assemble a band.

The problem is that they’re conflating science with scientism. People think they can measure the world and reduce all of existence down to stats and measurements, and then they try to call it “science” and dismiss anyone opposed to this viewpoint as being anti-scientific. But that’s not science; it’s scientism. Science entails not just measuring the world, but also understanding the limitations of your measurements. When you become so egotistical that you think you can measure everything and deem what is and isn’t ’correct’, you’ve abandoned the scientific method and have turned science into a religion. That‘s what scientism is. It’s using the veneer and lingo of science without actually understanding how science operates.

Measurements obviously serve a purpose and they matter, but they are far from the only thing that matters. And when I see these measurement-obsessed people scoff at something that most people think is fantastic, purely because it doesn’t meet their scientistic (not scientific) definition of ‘correctness’, I can’t help but roll my eyes.

/rant

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #48,683 of 65,633
People who obsess over technical measurements and believe that they’re the only thing that matters remind me of those who have very narrow music tastes because they believe that anything that deviates from the music theory they’ve been taught must be ‘incorrect’.

Same with film and tv. I’ve met a number of people in my life who learned a little about music theory or about film creation - not enough to really become experts in the field, but just enough to grow an ego - and they end up believing that that genres and styles that meet their learned theories are ‘correct’ and anything that deviates from those theories is ‘incorrect’.

What a boring way to live life. It completely destroys art. Imagine all the genres of music and all the fantastic film directors that simply wouldn’t exist if everything had to meet what the theories in old textbooks deemed was the ‘correct’ way to film a scene or the ‘correct’ way to assemble a band.

The problem is that they’re conflating science with scientism. People think they can measure the world and reduce all of existence down to stats and measurements, and then they try to call it “science” and dismiss anyone opposed to this viewpoint as being anti-scientific. But that’s not science; it’s scientism. Science entails not just measuring the world, but also understanding the limitations of your measurements. When you become so egotistical that you think you can measure everything and deem what is and isn’t ’correct’, you’ve abandoned the scientific method and have turned science into a religion. That‘s what scientism is. It’s using the veneer and lingo of science without actually understanding how science operates.

Measurements obviously serve a purpose and they matter, but they are far from the only thing that matters. And when I see these measurement-obsessed people scoff at something that most people think is fantastic, purely because it doesn’t meet their scientistic (not scientific) definition of ‘correctness’, I can’t help but roll my eyes.

/rant
Sounds like religion...

Sep 20, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #48,684 of 65,633
Is that a hand I see sticking out from all those headphones?
It must be your own imaginary hand wanting to grab one of those beauties. I tried to find a hand in the picture but grabbed my own Hemps instead :v:

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #48,685 of 65,633
"I really missed tubes" is my summary of last nights listening session with the Grado and the Cayin Headphone Amp.:gs1000smile:

I am half temped to get a Little Dot 1+ as it's designed to drive low impedance headphones, but I am not sure it would be any better than the Cayin. The Cayin is 6x the cost.

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:02 AM Post #48,686 of 65,633
Good to gooo❤️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #48,687 of 65,633
"I really missed tubes" is my summary of last nights listening session with the Grado and the Cayin Headphone Amp.:gs1000smile:

I am half temped to get a Little Dot 1+ as it's designed to drive low impedance headphones, but I am not sure it would be any better than the Cayin. The Cayin is 6x the cost.
That model is a hybrid and has low impendence settings, correct? I've seen those before and was curious how they'd be with Grado. I've used a Woo WA6 with mine and wasn't that jazzed about it but wondered if a hybrid like that would be a solid match.

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #48,689 of 65,633
These works great:wink:
anyone who can recommend a USB DAC to use between iPhone and XCAN?
I use my Sr125x only with my HipDac. That Burr Brown chip adds a nice touch of warmth to the bass. And the price is not half bad compared to real USB dacs like the dragonfly s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back