Grado Fan Club!
Jun 28, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #47,956 of 65,606
PNG-bilde.png
325e chrome ltd edition, sold new in 2018? Possible to buy some ?
Get a Chrome 325is, swap drivers and buttons, et voila! =p

Jun 29, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #47,957 of 65,606
I took a leap of faith and just bought that RS1 button (classic) with S/N 1185.
Going to have to give them some love so intend to:
1. replace the gimbals, rods with shipibo and the headband with a black turbulent labs. Have those at hand (as is lots of scratches and wear on stock gimbals and headband).
2. try to smoothen out the little imperfections in the wood near the grills and clean them (I read that lemon oil should do fine)
3. apply some black paint marker on those grills.

Excited to discover the Grado house sound from about 15 years ago......

Attachments

• 20210628_202956.jpg
    20210628_202956.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 29, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #47,958 of 65,606
Jun 29, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #47,959 of 65,606
1. replace the gimbals, rods with shipibo and the headband with a black turbulent labs. Have those at hand (as is lots of scratches and wear on stock gimbals and headband).
2. try to smoothen out the little imperfections in the wood near the grills and clean them (I read that lemon oil should do fine)

Congratulations! One of my biggest regrets is selling these. Really smooth sound. After a meandering journey, I've come back full circle to Grados and my daily driver is the RS1e. Initially hated the sound and then tried playing around with other pads. They sound perfect with the Vever pads replacement for GS and PS series. Super cheap and lot more comfy too.

Jun 29, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #47,960 of 65,606
So if i have two cables and i switch back and forth and one has more bass it's all in my mind, consistently?

And what is wrong with MQA? That's just a kind of zipped hires-file? You don't believe in hires files either? (I have no MQA hardware)

And if my Grado White sounded muffled when i got it and i let it burn in for 24 hours (without listening to it) and the next day it sounds notably better that's make believe? All the people who say burn-in works are morons? Even Grado themselves say a burn-in time of 50 hours is advisable.
So, I just got the White and listened to them out of the box and compared them to my RS2e with G-Cush pads on them.

I confirm the White sound muffled out of the box. I'll let them run overnight, will have a listen tomorrow morning as well as after 24 hours and will revert back.

Edit: the Whites will be sent back, they're definite no-go for me. The RS2e with G-Cush pads is an overall MUCH better package to my ears. Too bad, I liked the look of the Whites, just not their sound.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #47,962 of 65,606
To those that wanna mod the sr60e - opening two vent holes( so 4 in total) makes them amazing, balance and musicality is top notch, there is also a bit more clarity), putting dynamat or something on the back of the driver makes them mellower and slower(bass doesn't punch as hard). At least in my experience. Wood cups coming next!

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #47,963 of 65,606
Are these similar to the G’s where they become over-ear headphones?

I’ve put in an order and I’ll get them later on today. I’ve heard a lot about these pads and how good they are so I guess it makes sense to try them first.
Buy some Beautiful Audio pads , all comfort problems will be erased , sound quality is amazing and visually they are stunning.
End of the day you get what you pay for.

Jun 29, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #47,965 of 65,606

I am sure you will enjoy your project. I still have my vintage RS1 which I still use flat cushions as they were equipped. I recently had a current RS1e join my herd so will eventually need to make time to some comparisons. Good score for you. They are old enough that unless they were used on a regular basis they will probably improve as you put new time on them. They look good too.

BTW, I am liking the RS1e with the flat cushions also, experiment.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #47,966 of 65,606
Glad to see another RS1e fan , my favourite Grado so far . I've also just won an eBay bid on a PS500e for a very reasonable price , so I can't wait for that to arrive , I've never heard the PS line before.

Wow. Congrats. I might have a Grado problem. I want all of them. I've heard the PS1 back in the day but couldn't justify buying them.

Jun 29, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #47,970 of 65,606
GS1000i is here. I am now sure, that the PS2000e I had was defective. This can has bass, the PS2000e had absolutely none. Nothing. I experimented with pads (inklusive F pad :D). I found the Geekria G (which was recommended by DMS and Zeos) the best. Second was the Shipibo pad. (And I did not liked the Geekria on the HEMP at all).

It is sure a different feeling from the "small" Grado's, less direct but it has it charm, so I will definitely keep them. I mounted the Shipibo set on them from the RS1. The RS1 will become a ligther/smaller set from Shipibo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back