Grado Fan Club!
May 30, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #47,641 of 65,658
Hemp detachable cable mod

That's real invasive. If you don't mind keeping the Y split, a less invasive method is to snip the cable a little below the Y split and just add a connector there.

May 30, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #47,642 of 65,658
A guy are selling a grado-ra1 for about 300 USD.
Is it worth it?
I've never heard this amp, but some googling shows that it's a very simple, glorified DIY project of an amp. Probably better options for $300.

May 30, 2021 at 3:43 PM Post #47,643 of 65,658
A guy are selling a grado-ra1 for about 300 USD.
Is it worth it?
I had one many years ago when it first came out. It was good at the time but not much compared to today’s amps. It would be more like a Grado collectible at this point and not a bad price.

May 30, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #47,645 of 65,658
325x cost me 385usd incl tax/all.(amazon)
Has/had a jetcarrier account

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #47,648 of 65,658
I've been pretty much listening to the RS1e ( TTVJ deluxe flat pad) for around 10 hours today using Deezer Hi-Fi as the music client , also Progressive house has been the genre all day long .
Plugged straight into my laptop with a touch of eq from Maxx audio waves , this is sonic bliss.
I prefer the sound of all my Grados plugged into my laptop more than my Dragonfly Cobalt.
How deep the RS1e digs blows me away , so deep.

Edit ..... I've also gone back in time a few years on this thread during my 10 hour RS1e-athon , some very good reading indeed.

Last edited:
May 31, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #47,650 of 65,658
I totally agree.
Sometimes it’s almost like the 80’s again. All these youtubers are talking about amplification like: it has enough power so who needs more and maybe they add that it has low distorsion. That’s it. Just like when the first tranisitor amplifiers became available. There is waaay more to amplification…(and electronics in general).

Take this for example:

His first ecounter with a tube amp and he was way before an “influencer”. I don’t know if he ever lived together with a proper system. (Hearing it a friend/show does not count.)

As for Grado. They are probably the most transparent headphones. Almost just the driver. They show *everything*. Of course they can run from a phone because they are efficient. But they scale like there is no tomorrow.

May 31, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #47,652 of 65,658
Sometimes it’s almost like the 80’s again. All these youtubers are talking about amplification like: it has enough power so who needs more and maybe they add that it has low distorsion. That’s it. Just like when the first tranisitor amplifiers became available. There is waaay more to amplification…(and electronics in general).

Take this for example:

His first ecounter with a tube amp and he was way before an “influencer”. I don’t know if he ever lived together with a proper system. (Hearing it a friend/show does not count.)

As for Grado. They are probably the most transparent headphones. Almost just the driver. They show *everything*. Of course they can run from a phone because they are efficient. But they scale like there is no tomorrow.

Using my magni in low gain 9 O clock.
Sound so good. Using it for the sound not the power.

grado says:

Get a good headphone amp
A standard laptop jacks is going to degrade the sound quality significantly. This is one area where spending a little extra is going to really pay off in the end, plus they'll make your headphones sound so much better the rest of the time too. Check out the Woo WA6 premium headphone amp, or the Schiit Magni as a budget option.

May 31, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #47,653 of 65,658
The hemps will be discontinued later this year? I found this on reddit. It seems like we don’t know the future of the hemps lol
E495EE6A-B215-46CC-8056-724B5B6A1441.png

May 31, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #47,655 of 65,658
Guess thats why they are called limited edt👍.

I can see both sides of this. The Hemps were limited edition, but at the same time it’s been a major HIT. So i wouldn’t hate them if they incorporated into their main line up somehow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back