Grado Fan Club!
May 5, 2021 at 4:46 PM Post #47,086 of 65,624
I personally prefer the look of the Hemp without the buttons. I haven't noticed any congestion on my pair but we are likely listening to different music.
I too prefer its look without the buttons.

May 5, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #47,087 of 65,624
I too prefer its look without the buttons.
i actually like the button but just think it has too much going on. if it had just the hemp leaf, centered, and no 'GRADO' or 'HEMP', it would look a lot better imo but thats me. still going to keep it on my pair, don't feel like messing with the glue.

May 6, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #47,088 of 65,624
Well…I am very cautios to say anything. Mostly because removing the button is not revesible (it will break probably) and getting rid of all the glue remains is a real pain….

So I can not really recommend the procedure.

That being said I think the small congestion I heard with the HEMP at complex/loud music is no more. I am again in love with the HEMP after a long period of HP2i dominance.
While you may be right about the button removal creating more breathing room for the driver, I think the opening up of the sound (removal of congestion) was likely due to driver break-in rather than the removal of the button. Even so, I wish that I would have requested a Hemp without the button, as it’s one of the only things I don’t really care for visually - It just looks kind of juvenile imo. I feel funny listening to Bach with a Hemp/Marijuana leaf on my head lol!

May 6, 2021 at 8:21 AM Post #47,089 of 65,624
Fantastic service from sennheiser. Ordered this adapter for when using my 3.5mm audio players on Tue. And it just arrived. £5 Free postage from Germany to UK....And half price compared to ebay UK.......

Attachments

• 20210506_131225.jpg
    20210506_131225.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
May 6, 2021 at 9:14 AM Post #47,090 of 65,624
Fantastic service from sennheiser. Ordered this adapter for when using my 3.5mm audio players on Tue. And it just arrived. £5 Free postage from Germany to UK....And half price compared to ebay UK.......
Those are probably the nicest looking pair of anniversary sr325 that I've seen, they look mint!

May 6, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #47,091 of 65,624
Those are probably the nicest looking pair of anniversary sr325 that I've seen, they look mint!
Thanks for that...yes they're mint condition . Bought them brand new . Not used them to much. But orig pads replaced this year. Been using all my grado headphones a lot mire now because of covid.

May 6, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #47,092 of 65,624
Could anybodey please send a cup/ driver side picture of his 325e without cushions?

I would like to have a look on the cup plastic pressed point.

Thank you

May 6, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #47,093 of 65,624
Hi all. Just curious if anyone has purchased a pair of Grados from Moon Audio and had them re-cabled balanced? Does it void the warranty? Thanks in advance.

May 6, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #47,096 of 65,624
Hi all. Just curious if anyone has purchased a pair of Grados from Moon Audio and had them re-cabled balanced? Does it void the warranty? Thanks in advance.

If the entire cable is replaced, which involves opening up the headphone, that voids Grado's warranty and replaces it with the one you get from Moon Audio. You'd send your headphones back to Moon Audio for any future service. (The cable business is very profitable so they're able to cannibalize another retail unit if your headphones need something major like a driver replacement.) I know that up here in Canada, the service center will refuse to service headphones with major modifications. Any service will put it back into stock configuration as per their agreement with Grado.

A less invasive procedure would be to purchase XLR4 connectors and re-terminate the stock cable yourself. Get both male and female connectors so that you're able to make an XLR to TRS adapter. That's what I did.

Last edited:
May 6, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #47,097 of 65,624
Thats why I mostly listen to Grateful Dead with my Hemps :wink:
Haha! I do mostly listen to rock with Hemps. It's just funny that they made a headphone clearly marketed toward Deadheads that happens to also sound great with most everything including Bach.

May 7, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #47,098 of 65,624
It's been a few years since I've last participated on this great knowledgeable forum , over the last few months I started having a catch up on the Grado fan club page , anyway around 6 weeks ago I decided to purchase myself an RS1e , for once in my life I had a bit of spare cash & the opportunity to upgrade was irresistible .
For the last 5 years or more I have been listening to my eGrado , SR80e , SR325e & RS2e so the overall sound of the RS1e was something quite unique to me, still a Grado , yet a flavour I've never tasted before.
Well with a touch of EQ to drop the mid-bass hump everything fixed itself , now the RS1e is the greatest headphone I've ever heard , the depth of the bass is magical , the highs are wonderful , this headphone is smooth with a capital SMOOTH.
I did A-B against the RS2e & SR325e and the RS1e blew them both away , yet I needed the EQ to have this result.
I don't want to open a can of worms about break in of the drivers , but heck this baby is sounding better everyday , I've listened to the RS1e for 2 hours minimum everyday for nearly 2 months , and wow .
Sure my mind might be adjusting to the warmer dry sound of the RS1e but I'm certain it didn't sound this good when I first heard them.
Anyways it's great to back here , it's awesome to see so many old school & cool new members on the thread .

edit ...... My RS1e has the brown (tan) headband with flush drivers , purchased from Grado UK (Sontec UK)

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 3:55 AM Post #47,100 of 65,624
Shipibo aluminum installed on the Hemps. So much better, went with the thick classic.. prefer the thick look to the slim personally :) no more slipping!

20210507_113719.jpg
Looks really good! Was this hard to install?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back