Grado Fan Club!
Dec 31, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #44,611 of 65,633
Hi
I had a gh2 grado which I have sold to finance part of my gs3000e.
I have heard little time the gs3000e at the moment, they are burning.
First impressions are good. Very good details, great with voices, good separation and good timbre.
I also have a unit of gs1000i that a friend has left me because he no longer uses them. I think the driver is not very good because at high volume they tend to sound strange
With both gs series headphones the sound is wider but also has less punch.
I had read that gs1000i had a lot of punch and it is not like that at all, my old gh2 had a lot more, gs3000e also has more than gs1000i, although I say again that it may be defective.
I have thought that with l-cush in gs1000i grade the sound can be closer to the punch of gh2.
I love the gs3000e for its detail for other genres but I do miss the punch of the gh2 in hard rock and metal.
You could also try them on the gs3000e and alternate them with the g-cush.
Has anyone done these tests?
Regards.
Very hard to beat the GH1 & 2 especially with Grado G cushions.

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #44,612 of 65,633
Since the rest of the family is in bed tonight, I'm drinkin' Bourbon solo (well, chatting with friends & coworkers online) and listening to some songs that REALLY sound amazing on the GH2 with no EQ. Now, on the Sundara they come close but lose some of the dynamics & punch. The LCD2 CB sounds a bit harsh stock, but with the Loki engaged can actually sound better than the GH2 on most songs surprisingly! Currently 90% into instrumental music ranging from trippy electronica to palm muted Djenty metal, to funky jams. Let me know how they sound on your preferred Grados! Cheers from Kentucky -- only 45 minutes until 2020 Service Pack 1 drops.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #44,613 of 65,633
Since the rest of the family is in bed tonight, I'm drinkin' Bourbon solo (well, chatting with friends & coworkers online) and listening to some songs that REALLY sound amazing on the GH2 with no EQ. Now, on the Sundara they come close but lose some of the dynamics & punch. The LCD2 CB sounds a bit harsh stock, but with the Loki engaged can actually sound better than the GH2 on most songs surprisingly! Currently 90% into instrumental music ranging from trippy electronica to palm muted Djenty metal, to funky jams. Let me know how they sound on your preferred Grados! Cheers from Kentucky -- only 45 minutes until 2020 Service Pack 1 drops.

Definitely agree on a nice whisky/scotch for headphone listening.

Jan 1, 2021 at 5:35 AM Post #44,618 of 65,633
...And this coming from me, I had avantgarde speakers, audio note monoblocks, lot of serious gear...and what I learned through the years is, that you have to be honest with your self. What good for you that’s important. And right now, my endgam are the smaller L cushion Grados. Bigger ones are too soft for me, I need that punch together with the liviness, openess...
As Steve Gutenberg says "if sombody like speaker and do not like headphone they should try Grado" and I have to agree with it.

I am quite inclined to try limited GH4 or Hemp so nice impressions here mainly about Hemp. What is better try? I am just a little worry that I will miss spaciousness which I have with Alessandro MS1000. But maybe GH4 and Hemp will work also nice with G cush.

Also tempting to try HE1000 which I always liked a lot on meetings but never owned them.

Jan 1, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #44,619 of 65,633
Very hard to beat the GH1 & 2 especially with Grado G cushions.
Hi.
Grade gs3000e are clearly better headphones than gh2, better resolution, better scene, better separation. They have a more audiophile profile and I love them. I just miss the gh2 sound in rock and metal, that "in your face sound".
I dont think that gh2 sounds better with g-cush than gs3000e, not to say that I see it impossible, due to gh2 does not have that resolution, image and separation.
With gh2, I love the way it is with its sound "in your face" than with g -cush would lose.
I have ordered for a pair of l-cush pads to test with gs1000i and gs3000e for when I want that gh2 sound to check if I can get it with this pads. If not, I have to recover another gh2.
You also speak very well about hemp and rs2e, do they both have that direct sound "in your face" of the gh2?
Cheers

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #44,620 of 65,633
Hi.
Grade gs3000e are clearly better headphones than gh2, better resolution, better scene, better separation. They have a more audiophile profile and I love them. I just miss the gh2 sound in rock and metal, that "in your face sound".
I dont think that gh2 sounds better with g-cush than gs3000e, not to say that I see it impossible, due to gh2 does not have that resolution, image and separation.
With gh2, I love the way it is with its sound "in your face" than with g -cush would lose.
I have ordered for a pair of l-cush pads to test with gs1000i and gs3000e for when I want that gh2 sound to check if I can get it with this pads. If not, I have to recover another gh2.
You also speak very well about hemp and rs2e, do they both have that direct sound "in your face" of the gh2?
Cheers
Thanks for letting me know which is the "better" headphone, especially after having the PS2000e, GS3000e & GH2 (in home) listening on my gear for several weeks. IMHO, both, the PS2000e and the GS3000e don't come close to the GH1 or 2 w/Grado G cushions or I would own them. Also, I've never spoke about either, the Hemp or RS2e because I've only heard the Hemp in home briefly and it just wasn't for my taste, and I've never heard any RS2 series. Have you listened to the GH1 or 2 w/Grado G cushions in comparison to the GS3000e? PS: There is no "better" in this hobby, only your sound preference.
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #44,621 of 65,633
Decided on the RS2e. Should arrive next week!

Excited to listen to some Steely Dan tracks as those recordings are usually top notch.

Since we are all Grado fans here, I would recommend Steve Guttenberg's youtube video that tours the Grado factory. Its part of his Audiophile Daily Show.

I've heard great things about the RS2e. Would love to hear one myself some day. Though I'm kinda worried it'll sound too similar compared to my Hemp.

Great choice on the Steely Dan, too.

Jan 1, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #44,622 of 65,633
I've heard great things about the RS2e. Would love to hear one myself some day. Though I'm kinda worried it'll sound too similar compared to my Hemp.

Great choice on the Steely Dan, too.

The RS2e are amazing headphones. They sounded great with 75% of my music, but unfortunately they were slightly too bright and fatiguing with some of the heavy bands that I'm listening to. Thank god I don't have the same problem with the Hemp.

Jan 1, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #44,623 of 65,633
Thanks for letting me know which is the "better" headphone, especially after having the PS2000e, GS3000e & GH2 (in home) listening on my gear for several weeks. IMHO, both, the PS2000e and the GS3000e don't come close to the GH1 or 2 w/Grado G cushions or I would own them. Also, I've never spoke about either, the Hemp or RS2e because I've only heard the Hemp in home briefly and it just wasn't for my taste, and I've never heard any RS2 series. Have you listened to the GH1 or 2 w/Grado G cushions in comparison to the GS3000e? PS: There is no "better" in this hobby, only your sound preference.
:beerchug:
You heard the GH4 ? I have a set, but keeping a look out for the GH2 too.

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #44,624 of 65,633
New leather headband from Italy arrived, much nicer than the plastic thing we get in the UK with Hemps.
20210101_231654.jpg

Jan 1, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #44,625 of 65,633
New leather headband from Italy arrived, much nicer than the plastic thing we get in the UK with Hemps. 20210101_231654.jpg

Beautiful. I love the color you chose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back