Grado Fan Club!
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #39,032 of 65,692
I thought the 325e was hard and bright and not soft

I found the 325 bright, but it really grew on me. To the point that it made me want to climb the family tree. I am not sure what hard means.

Shane D

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #39,034 of 65,692
well i'm rejoining the Grado family.
after talking with many Grado fans I decided on a pair of 'mint' pair of GH1 with cush pads.

a few questions please:
-can i get balanced cables for these at all from an aftermarket supplier
if i ever wish to go that route?

-i'm using the mojo right now...considering various upgrades:
might upgrade to Chord Qutest or
RME ADI 2 dac/amp with or without the Monolith Cavali Liquid Platinum.

has anyone paired these with the grados?

right now my music is all digital:
i'm streaming mostly with Roon/Tidal, and the Sonictransporter i5. server

Jan 19, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #39,036 of 65,692
can i get balanced cables for these at all from an aftermarket supplier
if i ever wish to go that route?
Yes, you cn terminate the Grado cable with a 4-pin XLR which is a very inexpensive, easy job. But if you want to re-cable them from the drivers, I believe I remember reading that Moon Audio will do the job (someone correct me if I'm wrong) otherwise, I've read it's a real PITA to remove the glue that hold the drivers In the cups.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #39,041 of 65,692
I have a question to All grado owners. I purchased the ttjv flats awhile back wasn't sure I really liked the sound better than the stock pads on my gh2. So what I did was cut the little tabs off, then I placed them around the outer rims of the headphones, yes the outside of the cans, left the originals on and proceeded to listen...Maybe it's just me but the sound to my ears improved a lot. Fuller, smoother, more focused imaging.. Has any one else tried this is my question? To my ears this experiment is a worthwhile improvement. I should have said I didnt place the cutoff tabs on the phones, I threw those away, I placed the entire earpad rings around the outer headphone ring, almost, but not quite flush.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #39,042 of 65,692
So basically I have two earpads on the headphones. The denser side of the ttjvs I put toward the inside , with the less dense to the outside. It was would be interesting to see if anyone else has tried this, and what were their thoughts on the change in sound..

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:30 AM Post #39,043 of 65,692
I have a question to All grado owners. I purchased the ttjv flats awhile back wasn't sure I really liked the sound better than the stock pads on my gh2. So what I did was cut the little tabs off, then I placed them around the outer rims of the headphones, yes the outside of the cans, left the originals on and proceeded to listen...Maybe it's just me but the sound to my ears improved a lot. Fuller, smoother, more focused imaging.. Has any one else tried this is my question? To my ears this experiment is a worthwhile improvement. I should have said I didnt place the cutoff tabs on the phones, I threw those away, I placed the entire earpad rings around the outer headphone ring, almost, but not quite flush.
I've never heard of anybody doing this. Can you post a picture? I'm not quite sure I know what you mean. You put both the ttvj flats and the L-cush on them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back