Grado Fan Club!
Dec 1, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #38,926 of 65,682
I have to agree with you there! I have pads from Beautiful Audio in New Zealand on my GH2's and they are simply great! I am not willing to switch the pads
to the GH4's, but in a year or so I may buy another pair of the pads, can't afford them now. It's raining here so I won't plug in my main system, but compared
the GH2, GH4 and the PS2000e's through my Dragonfly Black and Spotify Premium, they are all very good!

Doug

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #38,928 of 65,682
The hybrid leather and merino. I have only experienced aggressive treble with my SR325's, very
harsh until break-in after 100 hours... The hybrids are very comfortable and will last a very long time,
they balance everything out while preserving the Grado excellence. Silvian does a nice job of
explaining the attributes in his website, BeautifulAudio.biz.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #38,931 of 65,682
Wich Beautiful Audio pads do you recommend to make the Grados warmer and not so aggressive?
I have been lucky to audition a set of Merino pads (thanks again @Geezer Rock 001) and while the comfort is really good it messes up the over all sound to me but the effect is also dependent on which foam pads are used since the thicker one really makes drastic changes while the more open foam has less of an effect. The merino pads basically make any headphone that I tried them on overly warm, bringing out too much mid bass and rolling off the highs more than I'd like but I do have some friends that really like the changes so I'd say the only way to see if they are for you is to try them.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #38,933 of 65,682
I have to agree with you there! I have pads from Beautiful Audio in New Zealand on my GH2's and they are simply great! I am not willing to switch the pads
to the GH4's, but in a year or so I may buy another pair of the pads, can't afford them now. It's raining here so I won't plug in my main system, but compared
the GH2, GH4 and the PS2000e's through my Dragonfly Black and Spotify Premium, they are all very good!

Doug

I'm looking to maybe getting the gh2 or gh4. Can you share some comparisons or any thoughts on these two, please? Also, if you want to compare them to the Ps2ke, that's fine with me since I haven't heard either the gh2 or the gh4 but I've heard the ps2ke

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #38,934 of 65,682
I have been comparing these 3 intensively for the past couple of weeks... The PS2000e and Ampsandsound Kenzie combo are my personal end game. I am not
buying electrostatics for budgetary reasons...
The GH2's are beautiful and sound rich and full, very intimate especially with the Beautiful Audio hybrid pads. The Grado open-ness is preserved but with a closed aspect...
The GH4's are also very comfortable with the G pads, and do a better job displaying the ultra open-ness of the PS2Ke's, but very slightly more compressed. If you
had not heard the PS2Ke's you would probably not notice any compression with the GH4's...
I hope this helps!
Doug

Dec 14, 2018 at 5:07 AM Post #38,939 of 65,682
Dec 14, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #38,940 of 65,682
Honk indeed!! Does this say you are keeping your PS2Ke's? :smile_phones:
No, I had to sell them unfortunately. I will always keep my classic Rs1 though, that one is not going anywhere!

I'm currently downgrading to another Grado from the Ps2ke. So maybe Gs2ke, Ps1ke or PS1k or Gs1ki or .....:smile::smile::smile:

They are all soo good!

I hope to one day reunite with the Ps2ke though, I honestly think that it is my current end game... till Grado releases something else to top it!:wink:

Nothing sounds like a Grado!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back