Grado Fan Club!
Jan 28, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #34,441 of 65,607
Started my saturday listening to "Sleater Kinney live in Paris". The first live album of a concert I have been to.... Listened to it with the Grado SR325i, which was the second Grado I bought and is still amongst my favourites. That's how guitars and voices should sound to my ears! Recently, I sold my GH-1 (bought it in Madrid because here in France I could not find it...) and it did not hurt too much. I never connected with the GH-1. Probably, I am one of those, who prefer the older grado models compared to the new e-series, since I also prefer the SR325i compared to my SR325e. But since I bought the SR325e on a holiday in Montreal it is linked to memories and stays with me.
A good saturday to all Grado heads....

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #34,443 of 65,607
Thank you for saying what I would like to as well so perfectly!!

If you want to be rude and troll-like talk down to stacker, but he is an anchor on this thread and we are all hoping he gets through his medical problems and finds good health. The Grado thread is about the love of Grado headphones and a kinsmanship to Grado aficionados. Troll if you will, but it shows on you're small mindedness. This is a friendly thread not for those that are petty and pseudo intellectual. You wouldn't last a day on a one to one in Texas. Grado Fan Club, not angry with the world club. Stacker I hope each day you're health gets better because even you're corniest jokes are uplifting, but you're insight is always appreciated.

I'm not out of the woods yet, but I'm on the right track, and knowing that I have your support is both touching and motivating. When my Crohn's flares up, the pain prevents me from enjoying our wonderful hobby.

Last night, I was up till two in the morning swappingj earpads on my Bushmills and GH-1, and all this time my new utopia were waiting to get my attention as they laid in their fancy box. I realised that, as nice as the utopia are, I'm still very much a Grado fan.
L3000.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #34,445 of 65,607
  Just a totally unnecessary post , especially not knowing you or your condition.
There are a few PS1K's up for sale and strangely no one seems to be biting. Then again, most are recouping from the Holidays and are waiting on their tax refunds right now, so it's really not a great time to sell.

You're right, the timing couldn't be worse. I'm going to price them aggressively, and keep my fingers crossed.
popcorn.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 9:56 AM Post #34,446 of 65,607
I don't know man...you sure talk about your utopia a lot in this Grado chat.
smily_headphones1.gif
we're going to have keep our eyes on you!

Don't worry, I have enough love to go around.
wink.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #34,447 of 65,607
   I realised that, as nice as the utopia are, I'm still very much a Grado fan.
size]

And as much as I love my Stax, I too am, and always will be a Grado fan without a doubt!

You're right, the timing couldn't be worse. I'm going to price them aggressively, and keep my fingers crossed.
size]

I actually finished my night off by switching to my HP1000 and pretty much for the first time since I received them really had the chance to kick back and just enjoy them, and enjoying they sure were! I think I'm going to close my F/S listing after my eBay listing ends (if my reserve isn't met) and just keep the HP2. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #34,448 of 65,607
Grados are a great addiction! I like STAX, respect the company very much, but prefer more slam...   my lottery list includes the Abyss,
but I have also fallen in love with Mr. speakers products, especially Alpha Primes and Ethers. I went to CaJam RMAF to hear the Flows and fell in love with the Ampsandsound Agartha amp driving the Ether C Flows, a $5400 combination! Maybe lottery list, but not in this 
reality. Justin (Ampsandsound owner) suggested that I consider the Kenzie, featuring 2 1626 tubes, baby 300B's. After participating in an
in-home trial I sold my GH-1's and listed my PS1K's which did not sell. However, the Kenzie brought out the best in my PS1K's, PS500's,
and RS-1's so I sold some non-audio household items and my Kenzie is on its way!
My Grados aren't going anywhere either!

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #34,449 of 65,607
  Grados are a great addiction! I like STAX, respect the company very much, but prefer more slam...   my lottery list includes the Abyss,
but I have also fallen in love with Mr. speakers products, especially Alpha Primes and Ethers. I went to CaJam RMAF to hear the Flows and fell in love with the Ampsandsound Agartha amp driving the Ether C Flows, a $5400 combination! Maybe lottery list, but not in this 
reality. Justin (Ampsandsound owner) suggested that I consider the Kenzie, featuring 2 1626 tubes, baby 300B's. After participating in an
in-home trial I sold my GH-1's and listed my PS1K's which did not sell. However, the Kenzie brought out the best in my PS1K's, PS500's,
and RS-1's so I sold some non-audio household items and my Kenzie is on its way!
My Grados aren't going anywhere either!

I hear you....I have three basic headphones that I listen to and it is nice to have an amp that just tickles your fancy with each one.

I have fallen head over heals for the ZMF Omni/Ori...it is about 85% closed and is a planar can.

I love it so much that I will be adding one of Zachs dynamic cans in the future.

Still trying to find a way to fund a new amp and not have to sell my RS1 and I think I can pull it off, which makes me very happy.

I just love the sound of the RS1  
smile.gif

Jan 28, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #34,450 of 65,607
  And as much as I love my Stax, I too am, and always will be a Grado fan without a doubt!

I actually finished my night off by switching to my HP1000 and pretty much for the first time since I received them really had the chance to kick back and just enjoy them, and enjoying they sure were! I think I'm going to close my F/S listing after my eBay listing ends (if my reserve isn't met) and just keep the HP2. 

I can't help doing a double take every time I see your avatar, love those 009!

Well my HP1000 aren't going anywhere soon, I have a lot of respect for Joseph's desing philosophy. The word plastic wasn't part of his vocabulary.
wink.gif

By the way, wich earpads are you running on yout HP2? 

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:14 PM Post #34,451 of 65,607
https://www.facebook.com/GradoLabs/photos/pb.258618660398.-2207520000.1485659107./10154716404010399/?type=3&theater

64 years!

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #34,452 of 65,607
I've loved my SR-325is, but the cable was so bad that I resented wearing them. I did the removable cable mod, and now I can barely take them off my head! Well worth the time and $8 to do.

Jan 28, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #34,453 of 65,607
  I can't help doing a double take every time I see your avatar, love those 009!

Well my HP1000 aren't going anywhere soon, I have a lot of respect for Joseph's desing philosophy. The word plastic wasn't part of his vocabulary.
wink.gif

By the way, wich earpads are you running on yout HP2? 

Thanks, I stole that photo from Woo Audio but I own a WA6 so have the rights to use it. 
biggrin.gif

TTVJ flats.
I've tried th original TTVJ flats 3x in the past on my 325is/RS1i and was never one for their sound, I prefer the stock L cushions by far on these models. Although I haven't tried the L cushions on the HP2 the flats sound fine to me with this model right from the start. I'll try the L cushions and let you know which I prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back