Grado Fan Club!
Aug 17, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #33,226 of 65,658
  @zombywoof: I have the SR325i and together with my Alessandro pro (modded) they are my favourite Grados. For me the SR325i has wonderful mids, they excell for singer songwriter stuff and guitarmusic. But they are also the grados with the most pronounced highs. So, if you are coming from the e-series, where the highs are more tamed this will be different. I have also the SR325e but I prefer the SR325i most of the times (unless when I am very tired, than the more relaxed SR325e is more easy listening...)

Thanks for the input.  I think the price is very good on the SR325i that I saw, and they appear to be in excellent condition.  I will probably for them.  As I said, it am truly enjoying the RS2e, but won't mind something a little different.  Thanks again.

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #33,227 of 65,658
  New acquisition - so far I'm enjoying them! It's been suggested that I give them a good long time to burn in to see what they're ultimately going to sound like, but they do already appear to have the qualities I was hoping for (clarity, separation and tight/sufficient bass) so I think all will be well.

I feel that they're a little warmer sounding that the PS500es I tried previously. They definitely feel more spacious.

My wife's review: "They're huge!".

They are ''huge'', but oh! so light!
L3000.gif

Same here…IIRC I spent +/-120hrs with the (e) series before I missed my PS1K.
I just preferred the PS1K over the (e) but neither was "better" than the other, just different.

One thing I like about the E series, is their power, or should I say, sensitivity. They play louder, at the same volume setting.

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #33,229 of 65,658
Got my new EarZonk G "bowl" cushions in today... Much more comfortable for my ears than the Grado "L" pads that came with my 325e -- but they look ridiculous!
darthsmile.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #33,231 of 65,658
What about the SQ?

Not sure if you're asking me or a previous poster... but if you're asking me, SQ sounds too similar to my ears to be able to detect a difference, at least given the short memory I can carry in the 30 seconds it takes to swap pads. :)

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #33,234 of 65,658
Loving my nearly new ps500e that I purchased today. At the moment, I'm running them from the Little Dot 1+ with ef91 Mullards (blue glass) and opa2107 opamp and think they sound subtly smoother than my 325is.

For testing purposes, the source is a raspberry pi2 > HRT Musicstreamer 2. I'm still amazed how great this cheap source sounds. All music is Flac stored on my server.

This has got me thinking about a possible amp upgrade in the future, don't know which to get from these:

Burson Conductor
Mad Ear HD

Is the Burson overkill for Grado's?

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #33,235 of 65,658
Loving my nearly new ps500e that I purchased today. At the moment, I'm running them from the Little Dot 1+ with ef91 Mullards (blue glass) and opa2107 opamp and think they sound subtly smoother than my 325is.

For testing purposes, the source is a raspberry pi2 > HRT Musicstreamer 2. I'm still amazed how great this cheap source sounds. All music is Flac stored on my server.

This has got me thinking about a possible amp upgrade in the future, don't know which to get from these:

Burson Conductor
Mad Ear HD

Is the Burson overkill for Grado's?

The Mad Ear would be a wonderful pairing

Aug 17, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #33,236 of 65,658
Hmm, that's the thing with buying such an expensive amp without hearing it first, going on what people suggest to be a great match might not be to my liking, I'm sure it will be but I've made the mistake before buying without listening.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #33,237 of 65,658
Hmm, that's the thing with buying such an expensive amp without hearing it first, going on what people suggest to be a great match might not be to my liking, I'm sure it will be but I've made the mistake before buying without listening.

I hear you.

Those are the two you listed and I owned the Mad Ear at one time....great piece of a kit and works well with high impedance cans also, great kit.

If you are not wanting to spend much cash and you are enjoying your music, then that is all that matters.....unlike most headphones, Grado's sound good unamped.

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #33,238 of 65,658

Thanks for the input.  I think the price is very good on the SR325i that I saw, and they appear to be in excellent condition.  I will probably for them.  As I said, it am truly enjoying the RS2e, but won't mind something a little different.  Thanks again.

Do you mean the original gold coloured 325i, or the silver or chrome 325is.

I think the 325i are meant to be the brightest of all the Prestige Series ever. Whereas the 325is, some found bright but many other people loved, (like e.g. @joseph69)

I would think carefully before buying the 325i. (I am clearly sorry if you know exactly what you are doing, and I meant no offence. I am simply re-iterating what I have read in this forum.)

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #33,239 of 65,658

Do you mean the original gold coloured 325i, or the silver or chrome 325is.

I think the 325i are meant to be the brightest of all the Prestige Series ever. Whereas the 325is, some found bright but many other people loved, (like e.g. @joseph69)

I would think carefully before buying the 325i. (I am clearly sorry if you know exactly what you are doing, and I meant no offence. I am simply re-iterating what I have read in this forum.)

I appreciate your comments.  No offense taken.   I am always glad to get input from other Grado users as I am new to them.  Sadly, I missed out on the 325i, and yes, they were the gold (anniversary edition, I believe).  The journey continues...cheers.

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #33,240 of 65,658

I appreciate your comments.  No offense taken.   I am always glad to get input from other Grado users as I am new to them.  Sadly, I missed out on the 325i, and yes, they were the gold (anniversary edition, I believe).  The journey continues...cheers.

Were they the same gold SR325i I saw on eBay for $170? I was watching that auction and so badly wanted to buy them but (1) I wasn't going to snipe them from you and (2) actually, I couldn't anyway as I need to wait a budget cycle before I can justify a purchase of those gems. :D  

But my eyes are set on the gold SR325i based on their reputation as the brightest / most transparent of the 325 series.   I already have the 325e and Alessandro MS2i which I believe are based on the 325i but tuned differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back