Grado Fan Club!
Apr 10, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #31,546 of 66,279
  I would like to order one of those Grado RCA cables, but I have a problem. I admit that computers are not my forte, but that link brings me to what looks like a German website. This may surprise you, but German is not my forte either.  
blink.gif

Help me....please!

Its a Dutch store!
I got mine after asking help from a dutch friend!
If you are really willing to buy them my friend can help you I think!

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #31,547 of 66,279
  speaking of Joseph Grado Signature Cables;

the cable used on the powerblock feeding my PH-1 is also a JGS cable for some reason. it's very flexible. does anybody know why they would have used those for this purpose? (it delivers power, not audio signal)

Audio signals (ac) are actually converted power signals (dc) so if we suppose that the JGS cable has very clear conductors and is well shielded, the main power that delivers is clear so then your audio signal will be clear!
Its a main philosophy behind it but its true!

btw can you post a picture of it?

Apr 10, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #31,548 of 66,279
Audio signals (ac) are actually converted power signals (dc) so if we suppose that the JGS cable has very clear conductors and is well shielded, the main power that delivers is clear so then your audio signal will be clear!
Its a main philosophy behind it but its true!

btw can you post a picture of it?

I doubt it really makes such a difference.

As per request:

Apr 10, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #31,550 of 66,279
  This is actually a HPA-1/2 AC adapter!!
The only changed the plug to make it fit on the PH-1!!

Anyway as I said that's the main concept behind it . I never tried but I do believe if there any noise this will distort the audio signal abit!

so does this mean i have an early PH-1?

of course if the power is fluctuating it will affect the sound, but i doubt the cable will be the bottleneck

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:30 AM Post #31,552 of 66,279
 PH-1 production started at 1999. you can check the serial number of your preamp.
Did you got it brand new?

i got it 2nd hand for cheap. serial number -might be-  5771, which is written in black marker on the black bottom, or it is 46, which is written on the inside of the bottom plate, and on the inside on the wood.

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #31,553 of 66,279
Evening all. :)

Having a fine time with my delicious and fat RS1i's tonight.
Wow... what a sound!!!!

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #31,554 of 66,279
Evening all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Having a fine time with my delicious and fat RS1i's tonight.
Wow... what a sound!!!!

i am so confused right now.

is this an sr80
is this an rs1
is this an rs1i

Apr 10, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #31,555 of 66,279
Apr 10, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #31,556 of 66,279
Some more Grado delicacies..... for the fans and hello to everyone been so busy with work haven't even had time to read these forums..nice to be back :)
PS - Always love Grado Photography :)
PS2 - What's the latest with Grado any new models planned for this year Grado GH2>>?

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:38 AM Post #31,557 of 66,279
Does anybody know if the cables on the older RS1 headphones are longer than the cables on the RS1i.

The cables seem longer on my pair now.......like maybe 7 ft.

I do not remember my RS1i being this long, but it has been awhile since I have owned them.....might just be my imagination playing tricks on me
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #31,558 of 66,279
i got it 2nd hand for cheap. serial number -might be-  5771, which is written in black marker on the black bottom, or it is 46, which is written on the inside of the bottom plate, and on the inside on the wood.

Its 5771,the 46 is the match number the plate and chassis, not so early product but again the production of the PH-1 was not so. I think alittle more than 10000 units and then it was obsolete for some reason.
I used to own an PH1 for sometime but I sold it cause built a replica with "battery" power supply, It was abit more silent than the ac power supply when I listen through the phones!

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #31,559 of 66,279
  Its 5771,the 46 is the match number the plate and chassis, not so early product but again the production of the PH-1 was not so. I think alittle more than 10000 units and then it was obsolete for some reason.
I used to own an PH1 for sometime but I sold it cause built a replica with "battery" power supply, It was abit more silent than the ac power supply when I listen through the phones!

but yours did not come with the Joseph Grado signature cable/adapter?

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #31,560 of 66,279
  Does anybody know if the cables on the older RS1 headphones are longer than the cables on the RS1i.
The cables seem longer on my pair now.......like maybe 7 ft.
I do not remember my RS1i being this long, but it has been awhile since I have owned them.....might just be my imagination playing tricks on me
size]

I do believe the older Grados had longer cables on them…my RS1i is no way 7'.

Some more Grado delicacies..... for the fans and hello to everyone been so busy with work haven't even had time to read these forums..nice to be back
smily_headphones1.gif

PS - Always love Grado Photography
smily_headphones1.gif

PS2 - What's the latest with Grado any new models planned for this year Grado GH2>>?

Nothing new that I've heard of or has been posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back