Grado Fan Club!
Aug 3, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #27,076 of 65,633
Look what arrived for me
Woooooot.........

Just beautiful XLR8. Those would look great on my RS1's. Where did you get them if I may ask?

Aug 3, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #27,077 of 65,633

Check your PM.

Have to say the plastic gimbals are poor for long listening sessions. Shame on Grado for offering the plastic ones on a $650 set of gorgeous cans.
These ones cream da plastic for all it's worth and no fatigue on top half of ear after long hour(sss) of listening..

L3000.gif

Thank you for the info, going to check now.
Thanks again!
beerchug.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 3:30 AM Post #27,078 of 65,633
  Look what arrived...........?
Woooooot.........

Whoa...  where did THOSE come from!?!  They're just the thing to upgrade these GH1s to the metal gimbal they should have come with!

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #27,080 of 65,633
Neng Neng, welcome to the show that never ends!!!

Worms, I really think the xxL and xxR are matched drivers left and right, though I could be mistaken.......

Oh, Neng Neng, Stacker45 is French Canadian, every once in awhile his attendants loose track of him, he goes awhile without his Happy Meds, we just nod and smile (you don't want to set him off):banana::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rage::flushed:!!!!!

biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #27,081 of 65,633

Grado fan Richter Scale at the moment-------------?? of the charts
wink_face.gif

Enjoy the eye candy
L3000.gif

Once again, very nice!
Where did you get the gimbals, I might be interested in purchasing them for the GH-1's?

Check your PM.

Have to say the plastic gimbals are poor for long listening sessions. Shame on Grado for offering the plastic ones on a $650 set of gorgeous cans.
These ones cream da plastic for all it's worth and no fatigue on top half of ear after long hour(sss) of listening..

L3000.gif

I have to agree with you....for the price of those GH-1....putting a plastic gimbal on them seems a tad cheap to me....but as long as they sound good....but still, just sayin'

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #27,082 of 65,633
Morning/Evening everyone.. :)

Whoa...  where did THOSE come from!?!  They're just the thing to upgrade these GH1s to the metal gimbal they should have come with!

From a galaxy far far away.... (that's for you stacker45 heheheheh
L3000.gif
)
Check your PM hifizen.. :)

I was perusing this thread overnight and discovered something very interesting courtesy of parbaked post in 2013.
Grado was to release a RS3 headphone based on the cup size of the original SR100/200/300/60/80/125/225 in 1995..
eek.gif

I wonder how this would have sound being made out of wood in a smaller cup size.Fascinating nevertheless...

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #27,083 of 65,633
  I was perusing this thread overnight and discovered something very interesting courtesy of parbaked post in 2013.
Grado was to release a RS3 headphone based on the cup size of the original SR100/200/300/60/80/125/225 in 1995..
eek.gif

I wonder how this would have sound being made out of wood in a smaller cup size.Fascinating nevertheless...

Someone once tried to sell an RS3 prototype with the headband signed by either Joseph/John Grado on the forum sometime ago…so I thought it was a scam and contacted Grado and they confirmed the RS3 was a prototype and was authentic and was given to this person as a gift from Grado…and they weren't too happy about the person trying to sell them…at all. Right after the person found this out (from me) I've never seen the RS3 posted again on the forum.

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #27,084 of 65,633
Finally, I received the GH1.

First impression, the GH1 sounds more similar to the PS500e than to the RS2e, the overall character of the sound is slightly on the bassy side of neutral, the sound is quite refined and cohesive, just like every other classic headphones.
Although the sound is not my cup of tea unfortunately, but I gotta say the GH1 is a keeper for many.

Aug 3, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #27,086 of 65,633

:eek:

Someone once tried to sell an RS3 prototype with the headband signed by either Joseph/John Grado on the forum sometime ago…so I thought it was a scam and contacted Grado and they confirmed the RS3 was a prototype and was authentic and was given to this person as a gift from Grado…and they weren't too happy about the person trying to sell them…at all. Right after the person found this out (from me) I've never seen the RS3 posted again on the forum.

Joseph,
Wow i am even more speechless now... Did you ask how they sound?
I believe for Grado fans Grado should send out for trial (you get 1 week no more or less) something like this rare version of course Grado have more in house for keeps but at least this keeps the fans happy...

Zuqi,
Interesting comments. Some liken it to ps500e others rs2e and others better than either those 2 models.

Arty,
Excellent and smooth edges no sharpness at all and tbh pleasantly surprised how good they are. Wish Grado would sell stuff like this to the enthusiasts and genuine Grado owners.

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #27,087 of 65,633
^^^ XLR8, IMHO the Grado PS1Ke's followed by my RS1i's are the best hp's Grado has to offer at this time. But then again what's a thousand dollars to you or me.:sunglasses:

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #27,088 of 65,633
Bpcans, it's all relative to the moon phase.
Then the wolfman arrives and the silver bullet awaits...

LoL
I have made a pledge to myself - one Grado purchase per year... LoL..
:)

Aug 3, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #27,090 of 65,633
hello all! i too would love to know where i can get metal gimbals! :D thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back