Grado Fan Club!
Apr 7, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #13,652 of 65,647
  It's raining in Austin today, so naturally I have ZZ Top going on the RS1s! Sweet!

Great choice......can't go wrong with Billy ....Dusty & Frank

I swear...Frank never ages.

x2...  I've been listening to a lot of ZZ top the last couple days.  The RS1/2 are the only cans that  get Billy Gibbons guitar tone right... everything else is a synthetic reproduction.

Tres Hombres.....what a fantastic album.

MickeyVee said:
MickeyVee
Darn you whirlwind & jaywillin...just spent some money on iTunes getting some Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa....Nice picks & thanks!

yeah, I just splurged and ordered the dvd....great stuff, indeed.

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #13,653 of 65,647
  Actually this album was made just for Grados and any other headphone you might have

It is one of Chesky's new Binaural Plus cd's

This looks amazing. Do you mind uploading it somewhere so I can download it? I can't find it on what.cd nor is it on spotify. 

Apr 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #13,654 of 65,647
  Rewired my Grados to 3.5mm today, check it out!

Made a full album with a guide too, if you guys wanna check it out. Next step, detachable cable! 
smily_headphones1.gif

+1 for HTC One! woot

That looks beautiful. You have very good soldering skills.. Last time I soldered an audio jack, the dam tin wouldn't stay on the copper contact, frustrating as hell.

Apr 7, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #13,656 of 65,647
Many apologies guys. I just pulled the trigger on a pair of Sennheiser HD650's. I need some relief from the treble of my Q701's for now so my Grado itch will have to be scratched later.

I know you guys appreciate your guitar bands (at least going on recent evidence) so have a go at this...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-jTKtlM9vvQ

Later dudes :)

Apr 7, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #13,657 of 65,647
So, my wife finally got back from flight school in California last Friday. 
She had to re-learn how to fly and also train for the new Yankee class Huey.  (yeah- she's a badass)

I've been waiting for 5 months for her to hear the Alpha Dogs.  She listened to one song, and went 'whoa"

Gave her the 225i's to try, and I could not get them off her head for an hour.  She turned the volume down, settled in to the Grado-tuned response curve, and just enjoyed the heck out of her tunes.  I have to admit, she does have good taste!

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:15 PM Post #13,658 of 65,647
  So, my wife finally got back from flight school in California last Friday. 
She had to re-learn how to fly and also train for the new Yankee class Huey.  (yeah- she's a badass)

I've been waiting for 5 months for her to hear the Alpha Dogs.  She listened to one song, and went 'whoa"

Gave her the 225i's to try, and I could not get them off her head for an hour.  She turned the volume down, settled in to the Grado-tuned response curve, and just enjoyed the heck out of her tunes.  I have to admit, she does have good taste!

Yep....she sure does!

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #13,659 of 65,647
Something I like to do now that my Grados work with my phone is go find a nice flat piece of road and just push around on my longboard. Crusing with music has always been fun for me, but when the music sounds THAT GOOD, it's a whole nother thing. I could skate for hours.

Apr 7, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #13,660 of 65,647
  Something I like to do now that my Grados work with my phone is go find a nice flat piece of road and just push around on my longboard. Crusing with music has always been fun for me, but when the music sounds THAT GOOD, it's a whole nother thing. I could skate for hours.

Sounds like you are all set....happy listening & happy skating 
smile.gif

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #13,663 of 65,647
JoeDoe, beautiful looking hp's. Congrats! What kind of cord is on those puppies?

Apr 7, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #13,664 of 65,647
SR60i incoming ~2 days!!!

I never should have sold my last one.

Tinnitus be dammed, CRANKIN' the RS1 and Randy as I type

Users who are viewing this thread

Back