Grado Fan Club!
Apr 16, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #59,897 of 65,725
My drivers and aluminium sleeves arrived
and sober I reassembled the broken 325x
The sleeves where a little slack fitting but a little hot glue did the job
The PS500e driver had only 2 holes covered compared to the original 325x drivers so was wondering how different the sound would be(praying it would not sound like an old tin can)
I ordered a balanced cable but its going to be next week
I could not wait
So I ordered a 6.3mm to twin 3.5mm of amazon to get me by
I put the g pads on and the new cable connected them up to a IFI headphone amp
I am in love with them so much so I had to play cortez the killer 4 times in a row.
They fit nice and free moving and they sound like before only better detail.

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #59,899 of 65,725
The PS500e driver had only 2 holes covered compared to the original 325x drivers so was wondering how different the sound would be(praying it would not sound like an old tin can)
I could not wait
I am in love with them so much so I had to play cortez the killer 4 times in a row.
Where did you buy the driver's?. Please leave link, thank you.

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #59,900 of 65,725
Where did you buy the driver's?. Please leave link, thank you.
I got from earphonediylabs
they don't answer email but the drivers arrived safe and sound
took about a week from ordering

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #59,901 of 65,725
of interest:

You just know that the reviewer done the research about the product before posting a review about it, when he complains about the clamping force without knowing that literally the first thing is to bend the headband till the headphone sits confortable on your ears. Well done.

Plus the cliché about Grado not needing any quality electronics then the complaint that it does not sound good. crap in, crap out and I do not speak about the watts.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #59,902 of 65,725
You just know that the reviewer done the research about the product before posting a review about it, when he complains about the clamping force without knowing that literally the first thing is to bend the headband till the headphone sits confortable on your ears. Well done.

Plus the cliché about Grado not needing any quality electronics then the complaint that it does not sound good. crap in, crap out and I do not speak about the watts.
What came first? The chicken graphs or the egg opinions ?

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #59,903 of 65,725
What came first? The chicken graphs or the egg opinions ?
Yep...plus this issue with the longevity. I had 10+ years old RS1 which was almost like new. Not counting the HP2i...how old that was? 20+ years? Show me a 10+ years old Audeze or Hifiman (which also functions).

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #59,904 of 65,725
I could not wait
I’ve read that 4 open holes gives you more bass than 2 open holes.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #59,905 of 65,725
Yep...plus this issue with the longevity. I had 10+ years old RS1 which was almost like new. Not counting the HP2i...how old that was? 20+ years? Show me a 10+ years old Audeze or Hifiman (which also functions**).
** as what? 🤣🤣🤣

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #59,906 of 65,725
Getting my first ever Grado headphone!

It will be either RS1x or RS2x.

I prefer really-really bright stuff which one of the two would you say is more bright overall?

How about the mids on those two in terms of clamp-hit-intensity-speed?
Sounds like RS1x for detail

However, the RS2x has great mids.

Apr 16, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #59,907 of 65,725
** as what? 🤣🤣🤣
As an interesting paperweight or use for target 🎯 practice?

On the Grado side of reliability are my dozen Stax headphones which never ever needed service, some of those go back to late ‘70s. Look like spindly plastic but are tough buggers.

Attachments

• F0D13783-949E-46A2-85E6-D8F12E3DA21F.jpeg
    F0D13783-949E-46A2-85E6-D8F12E3DA21F.jpeg
    849.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #59,908 of 65,725
Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #59,909 of 65,725
of interest:

Typical idiot reviewer who does not know what he is talking about.

They feel cheap. My old SR60 might feel a little cheap, but my GS3000e is a different story. The HD800 (mostly plastic) feels cheap next to the GS3000e. And what is the difference between a GS3000e and something like an Audezee or a ZMF? We are talking about wood, metal and plastic in all three cases.

There is a difference between feeling cheap and being cheaply made. That old SR60 of mine would have survived a nuclear war along with all the cockroaches.

This guy shows a plastic Grado as an example and then he argues that all Grados are cheaply made, all of them sit on your ear, and all of them crush your head (go look at the HD650 for head crushing clamping force). You don't like an on-ear model? Well, don't buy one. I don't like sushi, so I don't go to sushi restaurants. This review is the equivalent of me going to a Japanese restaurant voluntarily and then continously complaining about the food.

This guy most likely got into headphones during the Grado hating era...and now, on his youtube soapbox, he is just regurgitating everything he heard before..."listen to my unoriginal ditribe and give me a like for my troubles".

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #59,910 of 65,725
of interest:

Well at least he gets two big things right in this review.
1st Light weight.
2nd The cable is err.

At 9.00 mins into the video there’s a picture of my GS3000e build with a Go Blu stuck on the headband.
I made these to do the gardening last summer 😂😂😂😂

If you’re at all worried about adding a lower peak when changing the pads too G Cush type especially the cheaper ones.
Try the 1 ply tissue over the driver and see how that goes.
It lowers the range with out affecting the sense of stage.

Would be interesting if he made several Grado type of headphones with standard Grado driver and aftermarket drivers.
Then the drivers in different types of wooden enclosure cups.
Then finally with damping mods and opening up and closing the holes on the back of the driver.

This will never happen as I think it would interfere with his time with all his other anal retentive reviewer mates.
You know there all far to busy Willy waving and shouting about really heavy headphone that cost a fortune and require expensive headphone amps to sound there best.
This they can do because they receive these headphones for free along with the amps and lots of benefits.
Like being flown the other side of the world to headphone shows being put up in nice hotels and wined and dined.

Please be careful when watching or reading from some of the reviewers out there.
Most of them have their own opinions that have been bought by manufacturers pushing products.
Unfortunately this is the world we live in.

Happy listening everyone .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back