Grado Fan Club!
May 31, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #53,131 of 65,629
PS1000e now selling for 800USD/Euro + VAT. Worth buying? Too heavy?

May 31, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #53,133 of 65,629
May 31, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #53,134 of 65,629
The weight is distributed very nicely on both, the PS1000/2000 so I don't find them to be heavy at all.
Actually they're very comfortable IMO.Its worth depends on what it is worth to you.
I originally felt that the weight might be an issue. I realized that was not the case when I had an opportunity some years ago to borrow a friend’s PS1000 and lived with it for several weeks. The weight proved not to be an issue and I agree with @joseph69. No slam dancing allowed.

May 31, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #53,135 of 65,629
Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #53,136 of 65,629
I didn't know that GS1000E, 2000E, and 3000E were all released in 2014?
Nope. The dates in the article are all incorrect. The GS1000e was released in 2014 alongside the whole Prestige/Reference e-series lineup. The GS2000e was released in 2016, and the GS3000e in 2018. (The GH3 and GH4 were released alongside the GS3000e but were retired after a year. I thought the GH4 was better than the RS1e for less money.)

Last edited:
May 31, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #53,138 of 65,629
New member here. And hopefully soon to be a new member of this Grado Fan Club too.
I previously had an old pair of SR125’s which were sold on about a year or so ago.
I’m looking to buy another pair of Prestige Series but unsure which model.
I’ll primarily use them with one of my phones as the source (to stream Tidal or Spotify), and thinking about getting an Xduoo XD05 Basic DAC/amp. I can then use them around the house, on balcony and in the garden.
I listen to a lot of Classical music - Baroque, string quartet, and solo instrument like piano, cello, guitar, flute etc. So wondering if I can get recommendations please for models that would handle this kind of music well? I would add for clarity that when I had my previous Grados I listened more to Classic Rock, Prog and Americana, no classical, hence asking how they handle that genre.
The Xduoo is a touch warmer than neutral and has an x bass feature which may help on that side of things although I don’t want overpowering or bloated bass anyway.
If I buy something like an SR80X and it’s not quite how I want it I would be interested in modding it to achieve that sound.
Just posting now as only 8 pages into this thread. It’s a great little sub group
Cheers
Ian

May 31, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #53,139 of 65,629
New member here. And hopefully soon to be a new member of this Grado Fan Club too.
I previously had an old pair of SR125’s which were sold on about a year or so ago.
I’ll primarily use them with one of my phones as the source (to stream Tidal or Spotify), and thinking about getting an Xduoo XD05 Basic DAC/amp. I can then use them around the house, on balcony and in the garden.
I listen to a lot of Classical music - Baroque, string quartet, and solo instrument like piano, cello, guitar, flute etc. So wondering if I can get recommendations please for models that would handle this kind of music well? I would add for clarity that when I had my previous Grados I listened more to Classic Rock, Prog and Americana, no classical, hence asking how they handle that genre.
The Xduoo is a touch warmer than neutral and has an x bass feature which may help on that side of things although I don’t want overpowering or bloated bass anyway.
If I buy something like an SR80X and it’s not quite how I want it I would be interested in modding it to achieve that sound.
Just posting now as only 8 pages into this thread. It’s a great little sub group
Cheers
Ian
Ahem…it’s the greatest little sub group 😤🤪🤣

May 31, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #53,141 of 65,629
Jun 1, 2022 at 12:04 AM Post #53,142 of 65,629
Cheers
Ian
Can't go wrong with SR60X or SR80X but if you can swing it, the SR325X are amazing

Jun 1, 2022 at 12:25 AM Post #53,143 of 65,629
Can't go wrong with SR60X or SR80X but if you can swing it, the SR325X are amazing
Thanks for that. Been looking at deals on SR80x here. Best price is equivalent of £100GBP / $125US.
SR60x is equivalent of £81GBP / $101US.
Not sure how those prices compare elsewhere. And I don’t really know how much difference there is between the specs and/or fr of the two models.
Watched one YouTube review where presenter stated categorically that there was absolutely zero difference, so buy the cheaper SR60x. But surely they must be different in some way?

Jun 1, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #53,144 of 65,629
Thanks for that. Been looking at deals on SR80x here. Best price is equivalent of £100GBP / $125US.
SR60x is equivalent of £81GBP / $101US.
Not sure how those prices compare elsewhere. And I don’t really know how much difference there is between the specs and/or fr of the two models.
Watched one YouTube review where presenter stated categorically that there was absolutely zero difference, so buy the cheaper SR60x. But surely they must be different in some way?
I may have missed it, but I have only seen the same thing as you... not many direct comparisons of SR60X and SR80X.

I did test the "e" series in the past and I liked the 60e better than 80e.

I am pretty happy with my current stable of 60e, 325x, and GS1000 OG... but reading this forum is hard on my wallet. 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆

Jun 1, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #53,145 of 65,629
I may have missed it, but I have only seen the same thing as you... not many direct comparisons of SR60X and SR80X.

I did test the "e" series in the past and I liked the 60e better than 80e.

I am pretty happy with my current stable of 60e, 325x, and GS1000 OG... but reading this forum is hard on my wallet. 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆
Can you tell me your opinion on the sound signature of the 60’s please? I appreciate the x version may be different from your e
Oh yes I can imagine. It’s a great way to spend money! 😉😄

Users who are viewing this thread

Back