Grado Fan Club!
May 1, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #52,636 of 65,986
I'm still mystified when people pair the little dot mk2 with grados.
On paper a hybrid is better for low z cans, that's why I went for the I+.
But sometimes I do wonder if I'm missing out, and the mk2 will deliver a more tubey sound without distorting grados.
Has any tried both the I+ and mk2?

May 1, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #52,637 of 65,986
But sometimes I do wonder if I'm missing out, and the mk2 will deliver a more tubey sound without distorting grados.
All grado sound different in there own way and I think it's not a power thing but more about right pairings. ... the little dot mk ii smoothed out the treble on the rs2e which on some pairings (tr amp) Maybe a little fatiguing for some.

This is all again about tastes and hearing perception , me personally I can handle slightly higher/brighter treble all though I do prefer smoother...my friend can only listen to his 325e through his woo audio , we all hear differently , different venues different acoustics.
no right or wrong IMO

May 1, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #52,638 of 65,986
Just want to add I didn't choose the little dot mkii it came to me, was trying it out last night with rs2e quickly so no opinions just yet , all though staging was lovely and overall Sig nice and smooth.

May 1, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #52,639 of 65,986
Schiit Audio Vali 2 bundle listed in classifieds, EU sale only (power supply!). Sounds great with Grado :wink:.

May 1, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #52,640 of 65,986
Anyone tried out the Dekoni pads on the GS3000e? They have just become available from my supplier but quite expensive!

May 1, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #52,641 of 65,986
May 1, 2022 at 10:23 AM Post #52,642 of 65,986
Those are the G-cushions in the picture from @David222. FYI, I have been alternating between those and the TTVJ Deluxe Flats on my Hemp. For me, it is akin to ‘Row M’ and ‘Row F’…

May 1, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #52,643 of 65,986
Those are the G-cushions in the picture from @David222. FYI, I have been alternating between those and the TTVJ Deluxe Flats on my Hemp. For me, it is akin to ‘Row M’ and ‘Row F’…
TTVJ are the same as the F pads right?

I have the L pads, some knock off G pads and the BA pads. The seller offered me some Geekria pads and a different headband, but I just want them stock. Going through reviews I do read some good comments about the Geekria L pads, but I will hold off for now. Very curious about GH2 vs Hemp.

May 1, 2022 at 11:53 AM Post #52,644 of 65,986
You bunch got me all doubtful and confused so I ended up trekking to a store and auditioned the SR80x, 225x and 325x. I had a similar expectation to @hikaru12 I’m quoting below.
Guys - I know nothing about Grado's except they get a reputation for being bright and in your face. I like a more warmer, natural sound with resolving micro detail (with respect to price) - which model should I go with to get that? My LCD-4 is my flagship so I'm just looking for something for a small desk setup that acts as a opposite compliment. I love how little weight and amp requirements Grado's have. My LCD-2 (as much as I love it) has started to create hot spots on my head. I normally have no issues with weight at all but if I'm going to deal with 500/600g of weight on my head it needs to be worth it (luckily my 4s are so I'm willing to put up with it). So I be looking at the SR2E's?
More specifically I dreaded a lean tuning, with thin bass and shouty, over-emphasized high mids and lower treble. Also that they would leak sound like some Hifiman do, where you might as well walk around with a portable speaker strapped to your chest or hell, just bust out the ol’ boombox.

Boy was I wrong.

I thought the 80x would be tuned more mainstream and immediate since they’re cheaper and carry the legacy of an entry-point classic. They’re the opposite; the most polite, almost restrained of the bunch. Maybe it’s just the distance between ear and driver. Yet I was struck at once by the fullness and balance of the sound, supported by technical chops I didn’t see coming in a $150 pair.

The 225x are closer to what I feared - except it’s done well. They would be fatiguing for me in the long run though, there’s quite a bit of aggression in their upper mids.

The 325x are insane. Incredibly meaty sound from highs to lows. Music rendered as a stream of emotion. So expansive, so expressive. Tamino’s « So It Goes » was almost unbearable. And detail retrieval is impressive. On A.A. Williams’ piano-voice cover of NIN’s « Every Day Is Exactly the Same » the early seconds showcase uncannily realistic floor cracks, chair noise, and the piano pedals sound exactly like they would bottoming out next to you in the room. Adds a lot to the ambience. Decay isn’t the quickest but that’s the price for natural, lifelike resonance.

Look into these @hikaru12 ! Coming from the über-reference LCD-4 it’s a nice change of pace.

You guys pointed me to EU stores that carried them for much less than the French, so I looked some more and found out they could be had for 360€ from the fricking local Amazon, through a nice Spanish marketplace seller (would’ve ordered from them directly but they added 60€ for shipping…).

There’s a like-new open-box set going for 330-340€ on Wifimedia.eu wink-wink.

To answer my own question, the jump from 4 to 8 cores does double the cable gauge. It’s quite the monster on the 125x and up.

May 1, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #52,645 of 65,986
TTVJ are the same as the F pads right?

I have the L pads, some knock off G pads and the BA pads. The seller offered me some Geekria pads and a different headband, but I just want them stock. Going through reviews I do read some good comments about the Geekria L pads, but I will hold off for now. Very curious about GH2 vs Hemp.
The Deluxe Flats are ‘F’s.

May 1, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #52,646 of 65,986
May 1, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #52,648 of 65,986
What comes stock on the Hemps and what would people recommend rolling into?
~ The stock are ‘F’s.
~ TTVJ ‘F’s and Grado ‘G’s.

May 1, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #52,649 of 65,986
Too late.already sold😟
Sold after few hours.
Advertised today.sold today

IMG_1845.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG

May 1, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #52,650 of 65,986
I loved my GH2's with a MAD Ear+ HDII, LD MKIII and now my LD MK9. They have paired beautifully with all of them. I am guessing that most tube amps wouldn't be an ideal match due to the low impedance of Grado headphones. The above three were ideal for me and I am very curious to hear how my incoming Hemps like my newest LD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back