Grado Fan Club!
Dec 10, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #50,011 of 65,622
Listening to my new RS2e downstairs in my mancave.
My wife complains. Can hear my music upstairs 😳
Hot air goes up! Maybe the music you are listening is so hot. :wink:

Dec 10, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #50,013 of 65,622
Listening to my new RS2e downstairs in my mancave.
My wife complains. Can hear my music upstairs 😳
When she’s using her new GW100, I can hear them downstairs
😳
😳

Dec 10, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #50,016 of 65,622

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #50,017 of 65,622
(I asked this on a separate thread but I am finding the Grado fans to be gracious at helping someone in need of info!)

I have some analysis paralysis going on and would like to ask a quick question. I'm currently stuck on pulling the trigger between a Schiit Modi Multibit and a Mobius. I'm curious if anyone could check out what I'll be using it for and see what the recommendations are. I 'll be using it in pretty much 2 separate ways:

A. As a desktop dac to run into a headphone amp in my office. I'll be streaming through Apple Music via my iPhone or iPad. Headphone-wise it'll be split between the Audeze LCD-2C and Grado RS1x.

B. I also want the ability to take the dac out to the living room and run it through my stereo system. It's a vintage 80's Crown analog rack system with a preamp rack and power amp rack, then out to the floor speakers.

Another factor is form factor with the headphone amp...I'm considering either the Asgard (no dac) or Magni+/Magni Heresy. Silly I know but when in my office I think having a Modi on an Asgard or Modius on a Magni would bother me...if that makes sense.

So - Modius or Modi Multibit??? I'm leaning towards the Modius with the unison USB and the variety of ways I'll use it...but maybe the Mimby would be a better choice.

And basically the dac I choose will help pretty much determine the headphone amp (at least the footprint....move over Asgard, the Lyr is in town).

Thanks for any info.

Dec 10, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #50,018 of 65,622
(I asked this on a separate thread but I am finding the Grado fans to be gracious at helping someone in need of info!)

I have some analysis paralysis going on and would like to ask a quick question. I'm currently stuck on pulling the trigger between a Schiit Modi Multibit and a Mobius. I'm curious if anyone could check out what I'll be using it for and see what the recommendations are. I 'll be using it in pretty much 2 separate ways:

A. As a desktop dac to run into a headphone amp in my office. I'll be streaming through Apple Music via my iPhone or iPad. Headphone-wise it'll be split between the Audeze LCD-2C and Grado RS1x.

B. I also want the ability to take the dac out to the living room and run it through my stereo system. It's a vintage 80's Crown analog rack system with a preamp rack and power amp rack, then out to the floor speakers.

Another factor is form factor with the headphone amp...I'm considering either the Asgard (no dac) or Magni+/Magni Heresy. Silly I know but when in my office I think having a Modi on an Asgard or Modius on a Magni would bother me...if that makes sense.

So - Modius or Modi Multibit??? I'm leaning towards the Modius with the unison USB and the variety of ways I'll use it...but maybe the Mimby would be a better choice.

And basically the dac I choose will help pretty much determine the headphone amp (at least the footprint....move over Asgard, the Lyr is in town).

Thanks for any info.
If I was going to buy schiit, I narrowed it down to Asgard for sure. I think I ruled out multibit, but I can't remember why, age thing and all that. Probably heresy as the differences I thought might be worth paying extra for, though I never got round auditioning any of it.
Sorry, not much help at all! (I'm still in the euphoria bubble of new speakers day - KRK Rokits on my desk. Wow, for the money!!)

Dec 10, 2021 at 6:06 PM Post #50,019 of 65,622

Thanks for any info.
I don't have experience with the Modi Multibit, but it was Unison in the Modious that persuaded my choice. If a Modious Multibit or Modi Multibit with Unison comes out, I'll buy one. I really love my Asgard 3 - it can drive most headphones out there including my.modded Fostex T50RP mk3

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #50,022 of 65,622
The Grado RS2x really do benefit with the Xbass at the lowest setting. The bass articulation is perhaps the best ive heard. The treble im hot and cold.
These seem highly genre specific. With some jazz, folk and classical music, it can truly be a mesmerizing experience both in excitement and transparency
but put some modern music, or most electronica and they can be awful.

So yeah, truly the weirdest cans ive ever had

they can be the most transparent with real acoustic music but then be highly coloured and harsh with other music

so these are literally genre master

Dec 11, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #50,023 of 65,622
The Grado RS2x really do benefit with the Xbass at the lowest setting. The bass articulation is perhaps the best ive heard. The treble im hot and cold.
These seem highly genre specific. With some jazz, folk and classical music, it can truly be a mesmerizing experience both in excitement and transparency
but put some modern music, or most electronica and they can be awful.

So yeah, truly the weirdest cans ive ever had

they can be the most transparent with real acoustic music but then be highly coloured and harsh with other music

so these are literally genre master
Thanks for sharing this opinion, i guess I'll keep the 325x, surprised me on all accounts especially bass

Dec 11, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #50,024 of 65,622
Grados, all that I've tried at any rate, are dead easy to drive. If your chain doesn't actually suck, they sound great. 😁
+1. I use my phone (LG V50) and it can drive both Hemps and 325e to stupid levels of brain damage and fun. Anything resembling a headphone amp could easily render you deaf and delirious

Dec 11, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #50,025 of 65,622
+1. I use my phone (LG V50) and it can drive both Hemps and 325e to stupid levels of brain damage and fun. Anything resembling a headphone amp could easily render you deaf and delirious.
Is there an intelligent level of brain damage?🤔🤪

Users who are viewing this thread

Back