Grado Fan Club!
Nov 6, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #49,306 of 65,636
...oh by the way. The only reason I purchased a heat gun from Harbor Freight several years ago was because of the old cable. Every headphone I purchased from Grado had a kink or a bend that would give me an aneurysm. Spinning cups incessantly to no avail. Yes, I would love a detachable cable so I could upgrade to an AudioQuest or (insert brand here) other higher end cable. Barring that happening, it is a step forward.
I like the new cord better on the SR325X, it still kinks, but less than the cord on my SR60e.

Interestingly, I think the cord that came on my Audioquest Night Owl is absolutely terrible. I bought a replacement cable from Asona, but it kinks and it is VERY similar to the new Grado x-series cables.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #49,308 of 65,636
Wonder how the Hemps compare to the RS1X and the RS2X?
I’m very curious about this too. I would assume the RS2x is very similar given the same materials, and Grado wanting to replicate the success of the Hemp in another headphone so they can stop selling a limited edition lol

Nov 7, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #49,309 of 65,636
I’m very curious about this too. I would assume the RS2x is very similar given the same materials, and Grado wanting to replicate the success of the Hemp in another headphone so they can stop selling a limited edition lol
Same woods but Hemps have the F pads and RS2X the L Cush so they could sound similar but different. Should be interesting.

Nov 7, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #49,310 of 65,636
I also haven’t seen much of a comparison on the RS2e vs the hemp? I saw one person back in this thread share on it but just that one. They seemed to like the RS2e more. I saw one other person on another forums say the hemp was better but not much detail. Anyone else compared them at all?

Nov 7, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #49,312 of 65,636
Are they terminated by grado or reterminated later?

Nov 7, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #49,314 of 65,636
I see the XLR termination option is available again for the 2 new RSx models but still not available for the Hemp.

Yes, for an additional $170 USD -- at that price, I think I'd be fine with the standard 6.3mm :sweat_smile:

Nov 7, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #49,315 of 65,636
Are they terminated by grado or reterminated later?
By Grado. They include a XLR to 6.3 Grado adapter as well.

I will say that if you have balanced gear, it is nice.

PSX_20211107_165424.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #49,316 of 65,636
Wonder how the Hemps compare to the RS1X and the RS2X?

I will be able to compare the Hemp to the RS1x but do not have the RS2x at the moment. When I had the RS2x I did some comparison with the RS1x but I only had those for a few days. My old RS2 is on loan but would not have been pertinent in this situation anyway.

Will try to squeeze that in within the next few days and post some impressions.

Nov 7, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #49,317 of 65,636
I will be able to compare the Hemp to the RS1x but do not have the RS2x at the moment. When I had the RS2x I did some comparison with the RS1x but I only had those for a few days. My old RS2 is on loan but would not have been pertinent in this situation anyway.

Will try to squeeze that in within the next few days and post some impressions.
Do the RS1X and RS2X sound similar at all? I know in the past before “e” series they had a similar sound, the RS2 always being more aggressive of the two.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #49,318 of 65,636
Do the RS1X and RS2X sound similar at all! I know in the past before “e” series they had a similar sound, the RS2 always being more aggressive of the two.
Since I only had the RS2x for a few days I did not get a lot of A/B comparisons in. The ever elusive, virtually impossible "audio memory" is saying they were in a similar vein sonically but I know I was liking the RS1x better. Regardless that is way too vague. I will reach out and try to get another one for loan soon if I can.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #49,319 of 65,636
Since I only had the RS2x for a few days I did not get a lot of A/B comparisons in. The ever elusive, virtually impossible "audio memory" is saying they were in a similar vein sonically but I know I was liking the RS1x better. Regardless that is way too vague. I will reach out and try to get another one for loan soon if I
So many people preferred the RS2e over the RS1e (myself including); hearing you say you liked the RS1X better gives me hope that the world will be made right again. Exaggerating of course. :)

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #49,320 of 65,636
I was one of the as well. I purchased a RS1x to compare to my 325x's. I heard the 325's are similar to the hemp. So if they are similar, them the hemp is related to the new RS2x. This Grado lineup is getting confusing for me lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back