Grado Fan Club!
May 25, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #47,492 of 66,261
Just got the 125x today. First off, surprised by how lightweight they are. The cable weighs more than the headphones. The pads seemed a bit weird to me, and even with the headphones fully extended it felt like they were maybe not quite situated on my ears just right, but I'm used to over-ear headphones, so "on ear" is a bit different for me. Still, after listening to them for about an hour, I'm impressed. Soundstage is wide, and I'm feeling a bit more bass "impact" than I noticed on the similarly-priced Hifiman HE-400i. No, they're not as comfortable as my NightOwl, but those are so comfortable it's unfair to compare any other headphones with them. So I think I will be keeping these. There's a good upgrade path with Grados, so it'll be interesting to see how the more pricey ones compare.

May 25, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #47,494 of 66,261
I just received my 325x today and have had them on all afternoon. I was looking for an easy to drive headphone and saw the release of the x series and thought I would give them a try. These are my first Grados and I have always been interested to see what the house sound was like and to say I am extremely impressed is an understatement.

The midrange is addictive and lends itself to a very easy listening experience with little fatigue. It has enough bass to be impactful but does not overwhelm or distract in any way - just nice support for male vocals. If you can tell, I am very happy with this purchase and it is different enough from what I currently own that it will fit in the rotation nicely.

Highly recommended!

May 26, 2021 at 1:44 AM Post #47,495 of 66,261
That's because for 4OE, other than limited edition models, only American residents can order from that site. Using Amazon to bend your way around this is something that Grado doesn't wish to support.

What Grado did was send a shipment of new headphones to an Amazon Fulfillment Center so that Amazon could ship them out using their superior logistics. It was never intended for these headphones to leave the USA in order to circumvent costs. The reason that Grado is militant on pricing is covered here. Search for (So about this high priced deal for out of US phones)

I generally agree with your sentiment.

The situation that you've described could lead to
the conclusion that something unfair happened here.

Uneven strength and resources between the parties led
to an unfair outcome.

The thing is, though, we don't know all of the facts,
and there could be a scenario in which all went as intended.

For example, perhaps Amazon asked Grado if it was OK to resell
the headphones. And perhaps Grado said "no". And then Amazon
asked "how's about if we agree to not do this again, but for this
time we'll pay you $500,000.00" And then, perhaps there was some
additional negotiating back and forth, there was an agreement,
and Amazon went off to sell the headphones.

Did this happen? Who knows? Surely there can be all kinds
of speculation. But it is in fact merely speculation. Personally,
I'm not yet willing to claim there's a "bad guy" and a "victim"
here without first having additional facts.

Did something similar happen? Again, if so, whatever it was,
very few people would have been privy to it.

So, again, I'm simply waiting for some additional facts to clarify
what happened before making up my mind.

May 26, 2021 at 7:12 AM Post #47,496 of 66,261
No, it's nothing sinister. Grado sent a bunch of headphones to an American Amazon warehouse so that they could be sold. The amount of headphones they sell on Amazon makes the 8% cut that Amazon takes acceptable.

But it also means that they have no obligation to provide free warranty service for any headphone that leaves the United States, as they don't wish to bother with the hassle of international shipping.

May 26, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #47,497 of 66,261
I bought from amazon. no warranty. Do I need warranty? simply design....
saved about 35% on my amazon buy.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #47,498 of 66,261
I just received my 325x today and have had them on all afternoon. I was looking for an easy to drive headphone and saw the release of the x series and thought I would give them a try. These are my first Grados and I have always been interested to see what the house sound was like and to say I am extremely impressed is an understatement.

The midrange is addictive and lends itself to a very easy listening experience with little fatigue. It has enough bass to be impactful but does not overwhelm or distract in any way - just nice support for male vocals. If you can tell, I am very happy with this purchase and it is different enough from what I currently own that it will fit in the rotation nicely.

Highly recommended!
Welcome to the Grado Fan Club! The Grado mids are just so sweet. I have other brands of headphones, but I always go back to my Grado's. The mids are just so addicting, like a drug. Gotta get your fix!

May 26, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #47,499 of 66,261
I bought from amazon. no warranty. Do I need warranty? simply design....
saved about 35% on my amazon buy.
Amazon is ruining business for a lot of companies/small sellers. Paying little to no taxes. Would you like to work for them?

I pay happily 35% to my local audiostore. Why? Because he's spending his money in my store.

May 26, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #47,502 of 66,261
Everyone's talking up the SR325x like it's sweet candy. Now if someone could kindly go up to bat for the SR60x vs SR225x/SR325x comparison, otherwise I might have to sell my Hemp to do it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

May 26, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #47,503 of 66,261
I always felt grado was really honest with their marketing/wording on their website. It makes it seem like the 60x is part of the Grado house sound heritage. It seems 80x is Grado keeping one foot in the grado sound, and one influenced by the hemp. The 125/225 are marketed as brother and sister and the pages say “pure grado sound”.” So I would guess this is closer to the grado house sound and the 325x has marketing buzzwords like precision, and accuracy which is why I think the 325x is the hemp in different cloths.

I purchase the 80x and I think it’s somewhere in the middle of the hemp (with some beefy low end) and my (still brighter than the hemp) gh3. I just ordered the 225x to test my theory lol

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #47,504 of 66,261
It sounds like the SR325x is moving away from its original edgy, metallic and punchy sound into a more mellow softer hemp-like sound? Is that really true? Then they are no longer what I am looking for. Hopefully the 225x will stay on the brighter side of the road. I am also looking forward to someone sharing their impression of 225x.

May 26, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #47,505 of 66,261
It sounds like the SR325x is moving away from its original edgy, metallic and punchy sound into a more mellow softer hemp-like sound? Is that really true? Then they are no longer what I am looking for. Hopefully the 225x will stay on the brighter side of the road. I am also looking forward to someone sharing their impression of 225x.
Yeah I feel the same. I love my hemp but I want an alternative to it. I’ll report back with the 80x vs 225x vs hemp this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back