Grado Fan Club!
Mar 2, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #45,707 of 65,990
Flat pads change the 325e a lot!
L pads change the hemp a lot!

Mar 2, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #45,708 of 65,990
So do Hemps actually have different drivers as Zeos claims or is it just the pads?

What happens if you swap the pads between a Hemp and an RS2e or RS1e?
Maybe:

• Frequency Response: 13hz-28kHz
  • SPL 1mW: 98
  • Normal Impedance: 38 ohms
  • Driver Matched db: .05 db

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #45,709 of 65,990
Thanks for posting up the , Z, hemp video. Fantastic. Funny, loved it . I have already seen a few vidoes by Z he is a character. Made me laugh. But some bits could work . Detachable cables might work, new audience, if I hadn't had my RS2E recently I would be ordering the hemp today.....lol

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #45,710 of 65,990
Yeah, I like how smitten Zeos is with the Hemps, in the review, he states " I'd take these over the Sundaras any screwing moment of the day", haha. He's right about the cable but I find it weird that he claims the headphones need a lot of power.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:52 PM Post #45,711 of 65,990
Yeah, I like how smitten Zeos is with the Hemps, in the review, he states " I'd take these over the Sundaras any screwing moment of the day", haha. He's right about the cable but I find it weird that he claims the headphones need a lot of power.

I agree with him about the cables and the pads (don't like them...I know some people do). I think he is just whining when it comes to the headband (as if he was just looking for something to complain about).

I know he likes Grado. He was using his SR60 as daily driver for a long time...and it looks like he is using a GW100 now.

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #45,712 of 65,990
Anything else as the F-pad and the drive/weight/punch/speed of the sound is less. Which is a crucial part of the whole (sound) concept I think. ... But I do not know what he hears if he prefers the G-pads. Not even the L pad is really optimal with the HEMP.

I'll disagree and take any other pad over the stock F pad. (I'm in the minority that I think the Hemp sounds awful at stock, and prefer the more traditional Grado sound signature.) But I'd like to know exactly which knockoff G pad Zeos uses, as I feel the official G pad isn't a great fit for the Hemp unless you want to EQ out the 6k spike.

EDIT: From the links in the video description, he is using the Geekria G pad on his Hemp. Sound wise, this was my second-least favorite pad, but it did sound very similar to the stock F pad, just way more comfortable. I can see why Zeos loves the Hemp/Geekria G pairing. He prefers a more full-bodied sound rather than ultimate transparency that the official G pad + EQ can achieve. So for those who do like how the Hemp sounds with the stock F pad, consider trying the Geekria G pad.

As for the detachable cable argument, I bought an HD800S a few years ago. It broke in two days at the connector when I tried to switch the cable from 1/4" to the included balanced cable. Returned it and got the GS2000e. Now I don't really care whether or not the cable is attached because they're plugged into my amp 24/7.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #45,713 of 65,990
I agree about the power thing. They don’t NEED power, but give ‘em a Hemi, and they fly!

(Using a 6 WPC Audio-gd into my custom SR225is. For Bach.)

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #45,714 of 65,990
I'll disagree and take any other pad over the stock F pad. But I'd like to know exactly which knockoff G pad Zeos uses (it's certainly not Geekria), as I feel the official G pad isn't a great fit for the

As for the detachable cable argument, I bought an HD800S a few years ago. It broke in two days at the connector when I tried to switch the cable from 1/4" to the included balanced cable. Returned it and got the GS2000e. Now I don't really care whether or not the cable is attached because they're plugged into my amp 24/7.

LOL...one of my Grados is also always plugged into one of my amps.

But I think the argument for detacheable cables is that you could switch the cable to one of your liking. I wish I had the option to switch the fire hose on my RS2e to something thinner and more lightweight.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #45,715 of 65,990
EDIT: From the links in the video description, he is using the Geekria G pad on his Hemp. Sound wise, this was my second-least favorite pad, but it did sound very similar to the stock F pad, just way more comfortable. I can see why Zeos loves the Hemp/Geekria G pairing. He prefers a more full-bodied sound rather than ultimate transparency that the official G pad + EQ can achieve. So for those who do like how the Hemp sounds with the stock F pad, consider trying the Geekria G pad.
That the one Geekria pad I've not tried. How does it compare to geekria "LL"? Latter is the one I've settled on for some time now.

Mar 2, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #45,716 of 65,990
Geekria pads are good prices , amazon uk ...buy them all, while you can.

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:28 PM Post #45,717 of 65,990
That the one Geekria pad I've not tried. How does it compare to geekria "LL"? Latter is the one I've settled on for some time now.

The Geekria G has more bass, less treble. Compared to the stock F, about the same amount of bass. The official G is deeper than the Geekria G and doesn't sound similar at all.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #45,718 of 65,990
So do Hemps actually have different drivers as Zeos claims or is it just the pads?

What happens if you swap the pads between a Hemp and an RS2e or RS1e?
Hemp has the same basic drivers as nearly all Grado's with the 40 mm size. The housing type (wood, alum, plastic, etc) adds some color, and then Grado "tunes" them differently (whatever mysterious voodoo that is!).

Pads do make a difference but not a ton -- basically, the flatter the pad, the more Grado's scream and blast -- as you would expect with almost any headphone.

I prefer the largest G size pad (a knock-off, not Grado) over the L size knockoff pad over the actual Grado L pad. The larger the pad, the more airspace around the ear, thus adding air and space to Grado sound. Rock guitar still sounds like a Grado, but I like the larger sound for all the other music I listen to besides rock / metal.

Mar 2, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #45,720 of 65,990
I've called Grado a couple times asking when they would have replacement pads for the Hemp (stock). I've not checked in a while. Do any of you have any insights regarding availability?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back