Grado Fan Club!
Jan 25, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #45,061 of 65,703
I had brief exposure to the Hemp a couple weeks ago and to me the Hemp is a HD600 by Grado. In the best way possible. Where as the RS2e is more classical grado with that treble energy. I can’t wait to have them side by side, but those were my impressions. I want to get the HEMP into my life because I think it’ll be a good alternative, and probably play smoother with songs that are not well recorded.

Might have to get the RS2e at some point then. Would love to compare. I love the Hemp, but do sometimes miss that extra bit of treble energy.

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:13 AM Post #45,062 of 65,703
Might have to get the RS2e at some point then. Would love to compare. I love the Hemp, but do sometimes miss that extra bit of treble energy.
I have similar experience, if Tidal had an onboard DSP I would be perfectly satisfied, although I'd still want the RS2e / GH2

Jan 25, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #45,064 of 65,703
I'm in aural nirvana right now (listening to GoGo Penguin).

gh222.gif

This headphone just sounds so good.
Are those the standard pads on the GH2?

Jan 25, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #45,065 of 65,703
I'm in aural nirvana right now (listening to GoGo Penguin).

gh222.gif

This headphone just sounds so good.

Yes, GH2 & GoGo Penguin is an amazing combo. Well, I still rock the L pads though. Since you like GoGo Penguin, I think you'd like Mammal Hands as well. Similar trio from the same record label but a sax instead of the double bass!

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #45,066 of 65,703
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #45,067 of 65,703
Yes, GH2 & GoGo Penguin is an amazing combo. Well, I still rock the L pads though. Since you like GoGo Penguin, I think you'd like Mammal Hands as well. Similar trio from the same record label but a sax instead of the double bass!
If you enjoy the above artists (I do) you may also enjoy Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra.

No. The GH2 sold with L pads.
I thought those were G cushions.
For some reason they look larger than L cushions.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #45,068 of 65,703
I think you'd like Mammal Hands as well. Similar trio from the same record label but a sax instead of the double bass!

I do know them. I love their work and I own all their albums.

Edgar Knecht
Emil Brandqvist Trio
Foehn Trio
Lorenzo Naccarato
Myriad3
Neil Cowley Trio
Portico Quartet
Remi Panossian Trio
Shalosh
Sumrra

Have you heard of them? These are some of my favorite modern jazz groups that don't sound like the jazz your grandpa used to listen to.

If you enjoy the above artists (I do) you may also enjoy Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra.

Matthew Halsall is great. I'll check out The Gondwana Orchestra.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #45,069 of 65,703
I thought those were G cushions.
For some reason they look larger than L cushions.
They are G pads.

I use L pads on my other Grados, but the GH2 gets the G pads.

Jan 25, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #45,070 of 65,703
Would anyone be interested in a "Grado Music Thread"?

It would probably be too much on here, but think a special thread where you can tell the others which songs sound especially great on your Grado. I would go as far as to nerd out over the flow of bass lines and hidden sounds that you discovered with your Grado at 1 min 34s.

And a nice side effect would be to get to know new music!

Jan 25, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #45,071 of 65,703
Would anyone be interested in a "Grado Music Thread"?

It would probably be too much on here, but think a special thread where you can tell the others which songs sound especially great on your Grado. I would go as far as to nerd out over the flow of bass lines and hidden sounds that you discovered with your Grado at 1 min 34s.

And a nice side effect would be to get to know new music!

That would be cool! I can save us a lot of time and just saying anything with guitar lol

Jan 25, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #45,072 of 65,703
Jan 25, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #45,073 of 65,703
I do know them. I love their work and I own all their albums.

Edgar Knecht
Emil Brandqvist Trio
Foehn Trio
Lorenzo Naccarato
Myriad3
Neil Cowley Trio
Portico Quartet
Remi Panossian Trio
Shalosh
Sumrra

Have you heard of them? These are some of my favorite modern jazz groups that don't sound like the jazz your grandpa used to listen to.

Matthew Halsall is great. I'll check out The Gondwana Orchestra.
Don't forget E. S. T.

(edit And lots more nu-jazz on the ACT label)

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #45,074 of 65,703
Don't forget E. S. T.

(edit And lots more nu-jazz on the ACT label)
+1 on EST. Heard them live here in Wolfsburg at one of their last concerts.

Live in Hamburg is compulsory listening! :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back