Grado Fan Club!
Apr 7, 2020 at 6:51 AM Post #41,131 of 66,274
My new desktop setup fits perfectly with all my headphones. But not so with my Grado Gs1000e. It's a Chord 2Qute with a Violectric HPA V200. Now my question is which amp would fit better? So far i'm looking for either a Grado RA-1 or a Little Dot Mk1+. Do those fit better?

Apr 7, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #41,132 of 66,274
Although I've never heard the V200 (or 2Qute) what is it about the pairing with the GS1000e you don't like?
I've owned the LD Mk1+ and it was a very enjoyable amp with Grados. You can also roll tubes as well as op-amps to tune for your tastes.

Apr 7, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #41,133 of 66,274
Although I've never heard the V200 (or 2Qute) what is it about the pairing with the GS1000e you don't like?
I've owned the LD Mk1+ and it was a very enjoyable amp with Grados. You can also roll tubes as well as op-amps to tune for your tastes.

Another thing to try is adding the Schiit Loki in-line before your amp. I've heard zero complaints about it's transparency and that the 4 tone control center frequencies are a pretty good cover for most of the problematic ranges. I'd own one already if they'd only release one in black to match my Asgard 2 haha

Apr 7, 2020 at 1:54 PM Post #41,135 of 66,274
Well I asked about the black option and this is what I received (amazingly quick reply!)
Screenshot from 2020-04-07 13.51.05.png

Apr 7, 2020 at 11:21 PM Post #41,136 of 66,274
My new desktop setup fits perfectly with all my headphones. But not so with my Grado Gs1000e. It's a Chord 2Qute with a Violectric HPA V200. Now my question is which amp would fit better? So far i'm looking for either a Grado RA-1 or a Little Dot Mk1+. Do those fit better?

I enjoy my Liquid Spark and my Burson Fun-Classic with my Grado's.

But a few months ago I took the plunge and bought a tube amp after months of research. I bought a low impedance tube amp that makes a magical combo with my Grado's. The amp designer is also a Grado user, so it was a done deal. :relaxed:

Apr 7, 2020 at 11:44 PM Post #41,137 of 66,274
I enjoy my Liquid Spark and my Burson Fun-Classic with my Grado's.

But a few months ago I took the plunge and bought a tube amp after months of research. I bought a low impedance tube amp that makes a magical combo with my Grado's. The amp designer is also a Grado user, so it was a done deal. :relaxed:

Did your Sundara arrive yet? And the most important question -- has your wife noticed yet?

Apr 8, 2020 at 12:08 AM Post #41,138 of 66,274
Did your Sundara arrive yet? And the most important question -- has your wife noticed yet?

They arrived yesterday. And yes, the temperature in the room rose quite dramatically. Then dropped to a level just above freezing for a few hours.:ksc75smile:

The sound is VERY impressive. Tried it with my tube amp...not good.
Hooked it up to my THX amp (SMSL SP200) and the sound was Very good with strong bass.
Today I had them hooked up to my Burson and the sound was a little more smooth, but still had some nice bass.

It has only been two days, but I think these are a keeper. It is really is a different sound signature from my other 'phones. The vocals are not forward like the Grado's or Focal Elex's, but the instruments have never sounded so full and all around me.

So far, they seem to a great addition to the collection.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 2:40 PM Post #41,139 of 66,274
After listening to the LCD2 Closed most of today, I had to switch back to the GH2s because my neck was starting to hurt. Some people said it was uncomfortable for them after 30min to an hour, I made it about 4.5 before I had to switch lol. The Grados are like two foam pillows resting on my head in comparison!

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #41,140 of 66,274
After listening to the LCD2 Closed most of today, I had to switch back to the GH2s because my neck was starting to hurt. Some people said it was uncomfortable for them after 30min to an hour, I made it about 4.5 before I had to switch lol. The Grados are like two foam pillows resting on my head in comparison!
I may have forgotten, but are ”the foam pillows“ inside your pads from beautiful audio? They just make the world (and Grados) a more wonderful:dt880smile:

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #41,141 of 66,274
I may have forgotten, but are ”the foam pillows“ inside your pads from beautiful audio? They just make the world (and Grados) a more wonderful:dt880smile:

Ha I wish! Just the stock L-pads, but they are so light and don't apply as much pressure. I was considering those pads, but they are a hefty price outside my budget for the time being! I think ShaneD might have them

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #41,142 of 66,274
Ha I wish! Just the stock L-pads, but they are so light and don't apply as much pressure. I was considering those pads, but they are a hefty price outside my budget for the time being! I think ShaneD might have them

Yes he does and loves them passionately. :L3000:

Apr 8, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #41,144 of 66,274
I'm homeworking during this virus situation. I need to hear my wife and son so open grados are perfect. Been using sr60e for last few days. Love them. What would be the perfect upgrade as this lockdown could be for a long time? I like all genres from metal, rock, classical, jazz, hip hop, funk and indie. Can spend up to £1000

The only Grados I've heard are the SR325e, which were partnered with Chord Mojo & Hugo and the PS1000e partnered with Chord Hugo TT. Both earn recommendation - the PS1000e would have to be bought pre-loved given your budget - and, to my ears, suited my wildly eclectic taste in music! (The PS1000e are very big, very heavy but so worth it for the gorgeous sound). Alternatively, the Grado GH2 seem to get a lot of love on the forum too.

Apr 8, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #41,145 of 66,274
The only Grados I've heard are the SR325e, which were partnered with Chord Mojo & Hugo and the PS1000e partnered with Chord Hugo TT. Both earn recommendation - the PS1000e would have to be bought pre-loved given your budget - and, to my ears, suited my wildly eclectic taste in music! (The PS1000e are very big, very heavy but so worth it for the gorgeous sound). Alternatively, the Grado GH2 seem to get a lot of love on the forum too.
If I increase my budget would you day the ps1000e are the best grados all round?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back