Grado Fan Club!
May 21, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #35,566 of 65,633
RS1 kind of morning

ERIC_CLAPTON_-_CROSSROADS_2_-_LIVE_IN_THE_SEVENTIES_cd_1.jpg

Crossroads 2 is a chronicle of Clapton's live shows between 1974 through 1978. Much of the focus is on longer renditions of electric blues.

May 21, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #35,567 of 65,633
May 21, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #35,568 of 65,633
I've been away for the past few days and was just informed that Chris Cornell one of my all time favorite singer/song writers has taken his life in a Detroit hotel room. Unfortunately we never know what problems someone may be suffering with and wonder how things could be so bad that one would choose this route. What a complete shame and tragic/tremendous loss to the Grunge community. My thoughts and prayers go out to all his loved ones left behind. Tonight will be dedicated to listening to all of Chris Cornells involvement with Temple Of The Dog/Alice Mudgarden/Sound Garden/Audioslave and as well as his solo career.
R.I.P.

May 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #35,569 of 65,633
I've been away for the past few days and was just informed that Chris Cornell one of my all time favorite singer/song writers has taken his life in a Detroit hotel room. Unfortunately we never know what problems someone may be suffering with and wonder how things could be so bad that one would choose this route. What a complete shame and tragic/tremendous loss to the Grunge community. My thoughts and prayers go out to all his loved ones left behind. Tonight will be dedicated to listening to all of Chris Cornells involvement with Temple Of The Dog/Alice Mudgarden/Sound Garden/Audioslave and as well as his solo career.
R.I.P.

yeah, this was very sad to hear.

R.I.P.

May 21, 2017 at 9:38 AM Post #35,570 of 65,633
Yes when I heard the news it saddened me deeply. @joseph69 I cannot understand why my profile is empty as I can see it, you have to click on the information tab. I do not have PSiK. I have SR80, SR325 & GH1

May 22, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #35,575 of 65,633
Hi everyone,

I'm still waiting for the approval for the forum's login for the small company I started, but I thought that in the meantime it would be appropriate enough if I used my user login to let you know about what I've been doing for the Grado headphones.
I won't repeat it all here - there is quite a bit on my website: beautifulaudio.biz
Basically I'm making leather and merino, over-ear earpads and headbands for all Grado models.

Of course, fire any questions you might have.

One thing I'd like some help with, from those in the know: I have only used the 225 and 325 personally and, based on photos and readings it appears that the Grado cushions are interchangeable and the headband is the same size-wise, correct? This is what I'm saying in the blurb on the website but I better correct it if it's wrong.

Cheers

May 23, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #35,576 of 65,633
wow looking good! but i have to say changing to leather probably going to alter the sound quite a bit right?
do you also have leather pad in g-pad size?

you are correct.headbands are all same size and cushion are interchangeable all across the headphone lines.

lately i've been rarely using the grado because it's getting really hot right now. after a while wear it, the heat because of the foam pad really bugged me

Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #35,577 of 65,633
wow looking good! but i have to say changing to leather probably going to alter the sound quite a bit right?
do you also have leather pad in g-pad size?

you are correct.headbands are all same size and cushion are interchangeable all across the headphone lines.

Thanks!
All the details about changes in sound and how to fix it - if you don't mind, are on the website. In summary, max 1.5dB boost in the 2-8kHz will be needed to recapture the sparkle. But many do complain that, at times, it's a bit much of that, so, it's a matter of taste.
Since the pads I make are over-ear, I didn't see the need for making the G pads. What would we achieve? As I said, never used them.

May 23, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #35,578 of 65,633
Thanks!
All the details about changes in sound and how to fix it - if you don't mind, are on the website. In summary, max 1.5dB boost in the 2-8kHz will be needed to recapture the sparkle. But many do complain that, at times, it's a bit much of that, so, it's a matter of taste.
Since the pads I make are over-ear, I didn't see the need for making the G pads. What would we achieve? As I said, never used them.

i see. some people might actually like that

well, there are two things. first is the sound, for gs and ps series G-pad helping the expansive sound stage that headphones produce and since grado are very sensitive with the pads, changing between L-pad and G-pad give the listener different sound tuning. and second is comfort. L-pad more like a sit on your ear while G-pad surrounding you ear with it, so it's more like a proper over the ear full size headphone feeling with G-pad

May 23, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #35,579 of 65,633
Hi everyone,

I'm still waiting for the approval for the forum's login for the small company I started, but I thought that in the meantime it would be appropriate enough if I used my user login to let you know about what I've been doing for the Grado headphones.
I won't repeat it all here - there is quite a bit on my website: beautifulaudio.biz
Basically I'm making leather and merino, over-ear earpads and headbands for all Grado models.

Of course, fire any questions you might have.

One thing I'd like some help with, from those in the know: I have only used the 225 and 325 personally and, based on photos and readings it appears that the Grado cushions are interchangeable and the headband is the same size-wise, correct? This is what I'm saying in the blurb on the website but I better correct it if it's wrong.

Cheers

Nice work, like @ruhenheiM I would love to see some in the G pads size. I only use the cheap G pads from ebay since they are the softest and they do breath well enough for me in Hawaii where the humidity is higher and living next to a drainage canal and few hundred feet from the beach doesn't help much. The L pads are a bit on the smaller size and like you noted the hard edge which rested on my ear is a problem. The larger G pads while still resting partly on the ears spreads the surface area touching your head to a much larger area making the contact pressure more spread out and there is a larger volume of space so the sound stage seems to be a bit larger and for me the bass is a bit more impactful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back