Grado BASSHEAD Mod....
Dec 6, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #62 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
Guys, this mod does NOT make THAT big of a difference. I've got one bowl taped up and the other one stock. I'm listening for channel imbalances in both songs and with various frequencies using a signal/tone generator. The bass response is barely improved. I tried with electrical tape, several layers, applied with moderate tightness and extreme tightness (compressed the pad towards the center a little).

I'm trying to think of a legitimate reasons as to why this should actually work, and uh, they escape me.

Have you tried it with both pads at the same time? I dont think we're comparing the same thing...? The ones (myself included) who are hearing differences have been using BOTH sides taped.

I need to spend some more time comparing it though... to be cont'd...

Garrett

Dec 6, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #64 of 290
Quote:

Guys, this mod does NOT make THAT big of a difference. I've got one bowl taped up and the other one stock. I'm listening for channel imbalances in both songs and with various frequencies using a signal/tone generator. The bass response is barely improved. I tried with electrical tape, several layers, applied with moderate tightness and extreme tightness (compressed the pad towards the center a little).

I'm trying to think of a legitimate reasons as to why this should actually work, and uh, they escape me.

i think the theory behind it is that the grado's lose sound/bass through the foam so by sealing that less bass is lost and is directed towards your ear instead.

I'm not willing to put selotape around my new 225's but if anyone else can think of a more sturdy solution i'll give it a try (the cut pipe idea sounds quite good...)

Dec 7, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #66 of 290
WOWOW. Just did this on the SR-80. Sure it loosens the bass up a little, but its soooo much. wow

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:01 AM Post #68 of 290
wow just great, I shouldve found this earlier ..... the only reason I didn't want to get the sr60's was b/c I knew they wouldn't have provided the bass I needed:p but NOW
mad.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:17 AM Post #69 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Have you tried it with both pads at the same time? I dont think we're comparing the same thing...? The ones (myself included) who are hearing differences have been using BOTH sides taped.

Um, yes, and the point was to only wear one so that I could detect a channel imbalance. You don't need to tape both for it to have an effect.

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:37 AM Post #70 of 290
Quote:

Um, yes, and the point was to only wear one so that I could detect a channel imbalance. You don't need to tape both for it to have an effect.

Ah.. but it do be the magical "both sides taped" effect
biggrin.gif
. When you have both sides taped they form an air tunnel through your head.

Dec 7, 2005 at 1:38 AM Post #71 of 290
actually for my KSC-75's and older sony's ones... I use one pad on one side and a different one on the other and they didn't make much of a difference... but changing both sides makes them a new beast :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back