Grado BASSHEAD Mod....
Dec 7, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #79 of 290
Emon, since when did you listen to Grados?

I'm not so sure how well this will work, but I might give it a try.

Dec 7, 2005 at 4:13 AM Post #80 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme
this goes to any of the doubters

I hate you, and i hate the music you like!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

shoulda said 'bands' - not music, for the perfect red verse blue refference. but I forgive you.

:edit: Emon, I read your post, responded to this thread, and got the error. I followed your advice, and viola! No double post!
icon10.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #81 of 290
I didn't have tape so I just grabbed my headphones by the bowls to get an idea of how it is. It worked somewhat.

Edit: just before anyone says it, yes, i know that souned sort of wrong.

Dec 7, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #82 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
shoulda said 'bands' - not music, for the perfect red verse blue refference. but I forgive you.

:edit: Emon, I read your post, responded to this thread, and got the error. I followed your advice, and viola! No double post!
icon10.gif

damn

Dec 7, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #83 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus

I'm not so sure how well this will work, but I might give it a try.

his rig in his sig does claim to have SR-325s...

Dec 7, 2005 at 4:36 AM Post #84 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Malus

Since I traded my DT 990 Pros for SR-325s.

Incase anyone's wondering, Malus and I are long time visitors of another site and forum community, that's probably why he asked.
wink.gif

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #85 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
You don't need to tape both for it to have an effect.

Isn't that a little presumptuous?... How do you really know till you try (both sides that is)?

**edit**
I have found many of my headphone mods to be undetectable, when performed only on one side... Its only when you do it to BOTH sides that the difference becomes more easy to hear.

IMHO of course
Garrett

Dec 7, 2005 at 6:44 AM Post #87 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Isn't that a little presumptuous?... How do you really know till you try (both sides that is)?

I did. There will be a physical difference if you only did one side, it's absurd to think there wouldn't be. But, I'll grant you, it may be harder to notice with the distraction of the other side. Psychological effects are really fuzzy, it's hard to tell.

Dec 7, 2005 at 9:28 AM Post #89 of 290
I think I may have asked the wrong question to the wrong folks but thanks anyway no1likesyou. I happen to like the KSC35/75's better than the Grado sound because I love my bass. In terms of better, I meant if they provided as much bass as the KSC's yet more clarity and detail.

Dec 7, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #90 of 290
How about painting the outside of the bowls with fiber glass reisin? This would look better than tape & you could do whatever color you want. It would also be more rigid than tape, so may even have more effect?

- augustwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back