GR07 - Tips Thread
Aug 11, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #196 of 349

My GR07 BEs with the best sounding tips I've ever used (but I'm a noob so it doesn't say much). Cost $0 

Aug 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #197 of 349
What kind of tips are those? That looks like candy. Haha.

Aug 11, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #198 of 349
What kind of tips are those? That looks like candy. Haha.

They're DIY tips made from ear plugs. Looks like candy sounds like heaven. They best all my other tips I've used by a fair margin in terms of isolation, comfort and sound

Aug 16, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #199 of 349
After reading all the posts, I am still at a loss on which comply tips to buy for my GR07 MKII can someone kindly summarize the whole thing? The comply tips costs like 30 dollars in singapore and I dont want to be spending 100s on them just to get a good fit with my gr07 MKII

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:27 PM Post #200 of 349
I have just listened for an hour to the gr07 bass editions with the new comply P-100 tips.

These take a little more effort to install than the grey foams do, but they seem to stay on fine after that.

I am by no means an expert, but in my opinion they are superior to the grey foam tips in both comfort and sound.

Could a certified audiophile try these out and post their opinion?

Also, I tried posting pics but i do not have the required permissions. 

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #201 of 349
  I have just listened for an hour to the gr07 bass editions with the new comply P-100 tips.

These take a little more effort to install than the grey foams do, but they seem to stay on fine after that.

I am by no means an expert, but in my opinion they are superior to the grey foam tips in both comfort and sound.

Could a certified audiophile try these out and post their opinion?

Also, I tried posting pics but i do not have the required permissions. 

No such thing as a certified audiophile, but most of us are certifiably insane.

Sep 5, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #202 of 349
Success. I tried again today and it worked. Another few hours of use and these still are excellent. 

Noticed much greater seal than the stock foams or even your average comply tip ( as far as I can remember the seal on a correctly fitted pair of klipsch s4's).

Furthermore, since these comply tips sit deeper in the ear than the standard, the sound is not nearly as muffled, and the mids aren't muddled, as many have noticed on the gr-07's with the classic comply foams. 

Additionally, they solve another problem I read several people mention either in this forum or another gr-07 forum, where the "box" (unsure of the term, but the plastic shell with the R,L markings) wouldn't fit well in their ear with the tip properly inserted, causing the iem to fall out. With the added length in the tip - these people should be able to avoid this happening. The ear hooks remain fully functional despite any difference in the fit of the tip. 

Also, as you all can see, I have taped my ear hooks with electrical tape to help keep them on the cord and in the right spot. I am wondering if anyone has a superior and/or permanent solution to this problem?

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:15 PM Post #203 of 349
Success. I tried again today and it worked. Another few hours of use and these still are excellent. 

Noticed much greater seal than the stock foams or even your average comply tip ( as far as I can remember the seal on a correctly fitted pair of klipsch s4's).

Furthermore, since these comply tips sit deeper in the ear than the standard, the sound is not nearly as muffled, and the mids aren't muddled, as many have noticed on the gr-07's with the classic comply foams. 

Additionally, they solve another problem I read several people mention either in this forum or another gr-07 forum, where the "box" (unsure of the term, but the plastic shell with the R,L markings) wouldn't fit well in their ear with the tip properly inserted, causing the iem to fall out. With the added length in the tip - these people should be able to avoid this happening. The ear hooks remain fully functional despite any difference in the fit of the tip. 

Also, as you all can see, I have taped my ear hooks with electrical tape to help keep them on the cord and in the right spot. I am wondering if anyone has a superior and/or permanent solution to this problem?

I can't see how your mids and highs won't be affected with those longer tips. When the tips go I your ear, the openings to the tips will surely be severely closed off affecting the passage of the mids and highs. I had huge problems with my complys on the GR07s sounding slightly veiled and muddy until I learnt how to put on foam tips properly. Making my own tips also helped.

Can someone post a link to how you put on foamies properly. I'm on my phone and can't link.

Sep 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #204 of 349

This is how you need to put foamies on and its much harder to do with longer tips

Sep 9, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #205 of 349
Had an interesting experience with Meelec triple flanges today....one got lodged in my ear. My left canal is a bit tighter than the right, and when removing my GR07s, I realized that the tip was still in my ear - deep, too. I couldn't get it out by myself, so I went to a hot toc (a Vietnamese barber shop) and they do ear cleaning with things one should never insert in an ear canal. They were able to extract it with no problems and everybody had a good laugh at my expense - I had to laugh with them - it was funny after all. Anyways, be careful with those triple flanges, people. 

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #206 of 349
As stated in my last post on the previous page where I said that I would get back to this forum whenever I received the Original GR07 Foam Tips that I ordered from China Lugbuy for US$12.02 for two pairs including shipping from China to Mexico:

The original order was cancelled by the seller, and I did not attempt to repurchase them for several weeks. However, when I went to Lugbuy China a second time on Oct 3, 2013, my order was accepted, and the tips shipped on Oct 8.

I just received them today Oct 30. Upon opening the package I found that they sent an extra pair, so I got 3 pairs for US$12.02.

Upon examination the tips that they sent are exactly the same as the gray Vsonic Foam Tips that ship with the GR07 earphones.

For me these are perfect for my ears, and they FIT, unlike most else that is being discussed here.

Here is the address for the Lugbuy China webpage which is selling the Original Vsonic Foam Tips:  http://www.lugbuy.com/weisuonike-vsonic-r07-won-t-cast-aside-sponge-plug-%28c%29-p_12988499803.html

Oct 30, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #207 of 349
  As stated in my last post on the previous page where I said that I would get back to this forum whenever I received the Original GR07 Foam Tips that I ordered from China Lugbuy for US$12.02 for two pairs including shipping from China to Mexico:

The original order was cancelled by the seller, and I did not attempt to repurchase them for several weeks. However, when I went to Lugbuy China a second time on Oct 3, 2013, my order was accepted, and the tips shipped on Oct 8.

I just received them today Oct 30. Upon opening the package I found that they sent an extra pair, so I got 3 pairs for US$12.02.

Upon examination the tips that they sent are exactly the same as the gray Vsonic Foam Tips that ship with the GR07 earphones.

For me these are perfect for my ears, and they FIT, unlike most else that is being discussed here.

Here is the address for the Lugbuy China webpage which is selling the Original Vsonic Foam Tips:  http://www.lugbuy.com/weisuonike-vsonic-r07-won-t-cast-aside-sponge-plug-%28c%29-p_12988499803.html

Thanks a lot for the info. Did you have to specify a size? If I remember correctly there is only one size but in the order form it looks like you should specify a size...
And about the quantity to order: how many did you order? I can't understand if they will be shipped in pairs and thus quantity 1 means two tips.
Thank you!
Diego.-

Oct 30, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #208 of 349
Yes, the order form asks to specify a size and color.

This is how I handled it:

I stated: "Black (if available)", and for size I stated: "Normal regular size (like what shipped with the earphones from Vsonic)"

I believe I typed the above into the "Comments" section of the order page, if I remember correctly.

What I received from them were the Gray Original (sized) GR07 Foam plugs, exactly the same as shipped with the earphones.

As a side note I would go for the cheap shipping option, which brought my total for two pairs to US$12.02.

These were shipped from China to Mexico and arrived in 22 days. Both countries are notorious for slow mail, so it may be faster receiving them in the USA or elsewhere.

I paid no duties to Mexico on these, even though the package sat in Mexican Customs for 2 weeks of the 22 days total shipping time. The package was unopened by Mexican Customs as far as I could see.

They are shipped in pairs. The price listed, is the price for one pair. As noted, they included a free pair in my shipment, so I got three pairs for the price of two.

Oct 31, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #210 of 349
Can't believe! They changed the shipping price of the China Post delivery method... yesterday it was a few dollars, now it is 26!
I'm going to wait and see if they lower it again...
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back