GR07 - Tips Thread
Nov 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #211 of 349
I really think you need to read that site more carefully. There should be a cheap shipping option and an expensive option. Personally, I would NEVER spend 26 or 29 bucks to have these sent. I paid US$3.70 shipping. Pay the cheap price and WAIT. That's what I did. As far as I'm concerned the shipping should have been free on something like this, as is being offered by many Chinese online merchants these days.

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #212 of 349
  I really think you need to read that site more carefully. There should be a cheap shipping option and an expensive option. Personally, I would NEVER spend 26 or 29 bucks to have these sent. I paid US$3.70 shipping. Pay the cheap price and WAIT. That's what I did. As far as I'm concerned the shipping should have been free on something like this, as is being offered by many Chinese online merchants these days.

As I said, two days ago there were two prices: the first was a few dollars, the second (EMS shipping) was about 35 dollars. Yesterday (and today) the two prices are about 26 and 35. You can try by yourself.
Obviously I'll not order them with that shipping cost, I'll try in the following days and see if the prices return to their previous (and "normal") values.

Nov 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #213 of 349
If what your are saying is true, then that really sucks!

I would try to contact the seller with the question of the availability of shipping by "China Post Air Mail".

I just checked to see how mine shipped for the quoted US$3.70 and it was by "China Post Air Mail".

I am glad that I ordered them when I did, and I am also glad that they sent 3 pairs for the price of two.

However, this whole fiasco of tips for GR07's is the fault and responsibility of the manufacturer. As I have stated in this thread months ago, Vsonic should be supplying tips. These earphones are too expensive for them not to be supplying them.

For this reason I will never buy another one of their products again, until they start supplying tips just like other higher end earphone manufacturers.

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #214 of 349
After spending about six months with the GR07 MkII now, I feel that while the sub-bass is very well represented, the mid-bass area is lacking some body and weight, compared to my referencing my own production work against generally neutral headphones (Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro) and studio monitors.

What's the general consensus on tips that help fill out the mid-bass and bottom-end in general, from among the stock tips?

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #215 of 349
I put my Klipsch Double flanged small tips on. They became detail MONSTERS -- I mean I could here things that I never knew were there with the super small shallow insert tips (the red -- the rest of them just seemed to muffle the bass response and while the middle sized stock black silicones fit, the differences in my ear anatomy meant that i was getting uncoordinated response from both ears). But the sound became incredibly MUFFLED -- almost as if a veil was placed before the driver and my ear :frowning2:. So now I have to decide which i want ...

Jan 16, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #216 of 349
Which gives MORE bass, Sony Hybrid or Jays Silicone? What about the size? Usually I use "M" eartips, would you suggest to order one M-sized Jays or Hybrid, are they similar size to other brands' tips?

Thanks!

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #218 of 349
  I'm stumped, which Comply's fit? One guy said the TX-200 and another person said the P-100's?

Definitely not the tx-100. 
Modulor posted:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/552132/vsonic-gr07-impressions-appreciation-thread/5670#post_9871478
"The number indicates nozzle size, so 100 is the most narrow and 500 is the widest.  I never tried Complys on my GR07, but because the end of the nozzle where the stock-sized tips are mounted is short people use the larger sizes (400 or 500) and push it past the second notch on the nozzle"

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #219 of 349
  I'm stumped, which Comply's fit? One guy said the TX-200 and another person said the P-100's?

I would suggest you to order the original VSonic foam replacement. I did it from Penon Audio (they are based in Hong-kong) and I'm very happy. I took one month to be delivered in Italy but the service has been super (they even sent me a Christmas card!). 

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #220 of 349
S400 Complys fit perfectly on my MKIs.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #222 of 349
so i tried the smallest tips the stock gr07 comes with,, sstill falls off whenever I move my mouth, when i run, and when I walk. I find it so annoying to readjust these every 5 minutes.. any idea on what tips to use,? Otherwise I feel like giving these back

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #223 of 349
so i tried the smallest tips the stock gr07 comes with,, sstill falls off whenever I move my mouth, when i run, and when I walk. I find it so annoying to readjust these every 5 minutes.. any idea on what tips to use,? Otherwise I feel like giving these back

Have you tried using any of the larger tips that were supplied?  Outside of the stock tips that come with the headphones, I have found the Sony 'hybrids' to work the best for me.  The rubber that makes up the outside tip is slightly thinner and therefore conforms to the shape of your ear canal more easily, creating a better seal.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #224 of 349
Have you tried using any of the larger tips that were supplied?  Outside of the stock tips that come with the headphones, I have found the Sony 'hybrids' to work the best for me.  The rubber that makes up the outside tip is slightly thinner and therefore conforms to the shape of your ear canal more easily, creating a better seal.

currently using the double flange that it came with, so far good. Will test it out some more on monday when I go back to the gym..
Where can I purchase the sony 'Hybirds' tip?

Mar 3, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #225 of 349
currently using the double flange that it came with, so far good. Will test it out some more on monday when I go back to the gym..
Where can I purchase the sony 'Hybirds' tip?

I ordered them from B&H here.

I recently tried out the tips that came with a Samsung Galaxy S4's headphones on my GR07s and they are providing a much nicer sound than I was able to get with anything else so far.  The Samsung tips have a much larger diameter opening at the end compared to the stock tips and pretty much everything else I've tried which seems to keep the mids/highs to keep from getting muddled together.  Unfortunately the seal they provide isn't as nice as the Sony's or even the stock tips.

In further search for the 'perfect tips', I ordered some no-name eBay special tips promising a larger opening that were recommended by another user in this thread (can be found here).  I'll post my experiences with them as soon as they come in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back