GR07 Owners! What amp do you use? :P
Jan 8, 2012 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

WaLaoEh

100+ Head-Fier
Hi there, I'm still pretty new to the world of audio, and I have never used an amp before..

So I was just curious what amp/portable amp do you use with your GR07, and how does it
compare/sound(clarity,bass,soundstage,separation) with the GR07 unamped?

Reason why I made this thread is because I am unsure of what portable amp to get to go with my GR07. xD

Cheers! :D

Jan 8, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 6
There are quite few AMPs match well with GR07 and they will greatly improve but you need source(DAPs) with lineout. Then AMPs shows it's best quality like iPods, Sony DAPs with Media Port, S:Flo2, HiFiman DAPs has line out to hookup AMPs for better soundquality. The AMPs like Fiio E11, T5, RSA P51 Mustang, ALO continental, Meier Stepdance, Pico Slim are recommended.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #3 of 6
The only Amps I've ever owned are Fiios. So I usually use the Fiio E10/E9 combo.

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
There are quite few AMPs match well with GR07 and they will greatly improve but you need source(DAPs) with lineout. Then AMPs shows it's best quality like iPods, Sony DAPs with Media Port, S:Flo2, HiFiman DAPs has line out to hookup AMPs for better soundquality. The AMPs like Fiio E11, T5, RSA P51 Mustang, ALO continental, Meier Stepdance, Pico Slim are recommended.

May I know what line out is? xD 
I have an ipod touch 4G

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
The only Amps I've ever owned are Fiios. So I usually use the Fiio E10/E9 combo.

How does it sound amped compared to unamped?
noticeable improvements?

Jan 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
How does it sound amped compared to unamped?
noticeable improvements?

I would say added clarity (not that they aren't clear to begin with). Maybe heft the notes up a bit, but it doesn't do anything huge to the sound (as the DAC amps do for other IEMS).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back