Got my K701's today!
Aug 15, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #46 of 48
Quote:
But we haven't even talked about a DAC, CD Transport, Interconnect cables, power cables, isolation cones, tube amps and tube rolling, power conditioners,etc...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Don't make it worse. I'm still 'heavily breathing' from my last purchase.
redface.gif

And now, I'm told there is more. Much more.
rolleyes.gif

Aug 15, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #47 of 48
There is an end when you smile with your first eargasm. Don't get caught up with envy on what some others have. Be confident with your purchases and enjoy.

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #48 of 48
^ Thanks for your kind words.
smile.gif

Here is a brief update on my K701:

They have 84 hours of burn in so far. Last night I compared them "AB" style to my AD700. They both sound very similar, almost too similar. In fact, I'm not sure I would tell a difference If I wasn't told which headphone I was listening to. The K701 seems a bit more clear, and less congested, but that's about it.

Is it because I don't have an amp? Or is it because they aren't finished burning in yet?

My goal was to get a headphone that would be spectacular paired up with my iAudio 7 only, as I won't be getting an amp for a very long time. I don't doubt that the iAudio 7 and the K701 are a great combo, as I've heard great things about them. I may just need to wait for them to burn in. I read CNET review on the K702, and they said it was one of the best headphones they heard straight out of their iPod. But my question is: "Is there a different headphone that is less amp dependent that the K701, that sounds better than K701 running straight from MP3? My guess, is probably not.

Thanks again everyone, I'm just trying to get things straight.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back