Good earphones for $150?
Jul 1, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 21
Guys, I've deleted the last page or so of un-helpful posts. Please, all of you, keep the OP's question in mind as your first priority when replying and don't respond to off-topic nonsense.

Some things that will help the OP: 

The first is one he talked about: The kind of music he listens to. 
The second is what he is going to use the headphones with. This can change the frequency response relative to what we see in measurements, which, in the case of those done by Tyll, are done using a high-end amp, not an iPhone or DAP, which is what many people use.
Third, which people don't think of is: How loud do you all listen? This also affects the perceived frequency response and also how the bass, mids and treble are perceived.

beerchug.gif

Jul 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #18 of 21
I was considering the Monsters but if they are too heavy and fall out easily it's a no go because I would like to be able to walk around without the fear of them falling out. So between the SE215s and the Futuresonic Atrios M5s which ones are better or which advantages do ones have over the others? 

PS: I would occasionally hook them up to my Fiio E7 + E11 but they are mostly for portable use with my iPod. And I listen to my music at around 80%

Jul 3, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #19 of 21
Quote:
I was considering the Monsters but if they are too heavy and fall out easily it's a no go because I would like to be able to walk around without the fear of them falling out. So between the SE215s and the Futuresonic Atrios M5s which ones are better or which advantages do ones have over the others? 

PS: I would occasionally hook them up to my Fiio E7 + E11 but they are mostly for portable use with my iPod. And I listen to my music at around 80%

I know that the Se215's won't really get help with amping. I have a cMoy BB and it doesn't do much other than introduce more noise into the circuit since the Se215's are sensitive enough. But its nice to have an analog pot to turn rather than ipod sliders and buttons.

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

The turbines work very well if sony EX tips though. They hardly, if any chance, fall out at all. But between the M5 and SE215, the M5 has more sub-bass(rumble) and thumps more than the SE215. But I feel the SE215 has the upper-hand in the mids. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back