Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 23, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #62,733 of 63,208
The m100 ANC is near non existent and even the passive seal is not best with any of my usual ear tips and fitting the case can be an issue with some but they are comfy.

I am having charging issue due to the case/hall switch, sometime one bud or both do not charge and since day 2 where L bud dies when the R still has 15% left (2hours approx. of use.) and the App a lot of the time cannot see the buds and just flickers on/off in a loop.

Also seem to have issue with the multipoint acting up causing cracking as you leave home/arrive back home.

They do sound good with some music but not blown away like with some other buds like FW5's or MTW3's or Opera05.
I am testing M100s here, and my ANC experience is rather opposite - they're quite good at that, I was able to achieve pretty decent noise reduction with both foam and silicone ear tips. The former worked slightly better, but not enough to beat silicone practicality.
So, likely that's very individual, and for my ears it is a match. Unfortunately I don't have MTW4 anymore, but M100 are at least on par ANC-wise if not better.

May 23, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #62,734 of 63,208
They may have had a FW update and IMO the MTW3 also has near none existent ANC so the MTW4 cannot be much better by far.

The Bose QCII do not give me a good seal but the ANC is the best I have owned but I do not like the earbuds overall similar story for the JLAB Epic Edition, passive seal not the best but the ANC was very good but like the M100 full of issues.

The Soundpeats T2 are same story, not so great a seal but great ANC but full of issues.

I have/had 2-3 pair foe earbuds that fit so well the passive seal bests most ANC for certain sounds but only with AZLA 14mm tips.

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #62,735 of 63,208
They may have had a FW update and IMO the MTW3 also has near none existent ANC so the MTW4 cannot be much better by far.

The Bose QCII do not give me a good seal but the ANC is the best I have owned but I do not like the earbuds overall similar story for the JLAB Epic Edition, passive seal not the best but the ANC was very good but like the M100 full of issues.

The Soundpeats H2 are same story, not so great a seal but great ANC but full of issues.
I haven't tried usual champs like Sony or Bose, but I neither wasn't comparing M100 with MTW4 in a bad sense :) Like, sitting in a room with a fan in 2m away and an open window with kids playing loud outside - all that noise was barely audible (no music playing).
P.S. Transparency mode is quite weak though, unnatural with a lot of white noise.

May 23, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #62,738 of 63,208
May 23, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #62,739 of 63,208
May 23, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #62,745 of 63,208

Users who are viewing this thread

Back