Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 23, 2024 at 1:36 AM Post #60,482 of 62,245
I need to a/b with the 3. I feel more treble energy. Maybe a bit too much? I have an iPhone and I think the main difference will be with apt x not aac. Fit is pretty similar
Yeah exactly! There should be a step up from AAC/aptx/aptx Adaptive to Aptx Lossless. At least in terms of detail retrieval.

My phone should support the Aptx lossless... Still haven't received my unit tho.

Feb 23, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #60,484 of 62,245
thats the thing with AAC, AAC is ok, its around good mp3 quality, but since apple uses their propietary bluetooth chip, i guess apple devices over AAC work a lot better and provide much better quality when connected to apple sources.

Feb 23, 2024 at 11:48 AM Post #60,486 of 62,245
so you kept the Devialet. I have been on the fence
Yes, they're just awesome. Size, sub-bass. I can't let them go right now. Oddly enough, I'm using those Bose Ultra Open a LOT. Didn't think I would. Still waiting for the Freeclips to ship from Amazon UK. Been a week since I ordered. Annoying.

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #60,487 of 62,245
Feb 23, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #60,488 of 62,245
Yes, they're just awesome. Size, sub-bass. I can't let them go right now. Oddly enough, I'm using those Bose Ultra Open a LOT. Didn't think I would. Still waiting for the Freeclips to ship from Amazon UK. Been a week since I ordered. Annoying.
Will need to decide on those vs MTW 4 . Freeclips feel less bulky for me. Bose app has more features but don't think they do much or I cannot discern them. Will wait for your perspective

Feb 23, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #60,489 of 62,245
Will need to decide on those vs MTW 4 . Freeclips feel less bulky for me. Bose app has more features but don't think they do much or I cannot discern them. Will wait for your perspective
Do you think the Freeclips sound better than the Bose UO?

Feb 23, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #60,490 of 62,245
I wish the Bose Open where only 200 bucks, I just don't think they are worth 300. Is that Boses' new auto price point for all buds. They really need to start improving quality and basic features as sub 100 dollar buds are more feature rich.
I really want to give them a go and if I don't like them I'll give them to the wife. Hopefully they reduce the price soon as they normally wait a month or so.

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #60,491 of 62,245
The new Sennheiser MTW4 are definitely iterative. Of course they sound great. Bronze is sexy. Have to listen more…

So the same.
so you kept the Devialet. I have been on the fence
Does the MTW4 do anything better than the Devialet G2? Are they redundant?

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #60,492 of 62,245
Do you think the Freeclips sound better than the Bose UO?
Interesting question, in quiet environments I think the Huawei has better Mids and highs. Using the voices equalizer really make the podcasts shine.

Out and about around the neighborhood, I think they sound the same.

What changes the equation is price and also the size and structure approach they used. Bose feel a bit heavier for me.

Feb 23, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #60,493 of 62,245
So the same.

Does the MTW4 do anything better than the Devialet G2? Are they redundant?
Great question. I don't think so. If I didn't suffer from Gear Addiction Syndrome, I wouldn't get the MTW4 over the Devialet 2. While the MTW4 are no slouch, the Devialet are more fun, smaller buds, smaller case, LOUDER. I might actually think the MTW4 have a little better separation and clarity. But that could just be the tuning process voodoo.
Interesting question, in quiet environments I think the Huawei has better Mids and highs. Using the voices equalizer really make the podcasts shine.

Out and about around the neighborhood, I think they sound the same.

What changes the equation is price and also the size and structure approach they used. Bose feel a bit heavier for me.
I can't feel the Bose now that I've gotten used to them, but as you allude to -- the price is high. They're def not worth 300. Seems like the Freeclips are smaller and less of an eye sore.

Feb 23, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #60,494 of 62,245
Great question. I don't think so. If I didn't suffer from Gear Addiction Syndrome, I wouldn't get the MTW4 over the Devialet 2. While the MTW4 are no slouch, the Devialet are more fun, smaller buds, smaller case, LOUDER. I might actually think the MTW4 have a little better separation and clarity. But that could just be the tuning process voodoo.

I can't feel the Bose now that I've gotten used to them, but as you allude to -- the price is high. They're def not worth 300. Seems like the Freeclips are smaller and less of an eye sore.
What about ANC, ambient mode and call quality on the Devialet 2?

Feb 23, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #60,495 of 62,245
Took some phone calls with the MTW4 today. Was not doing so hot one one call inside my place, so quiet. I was very disappointed. But then I took them on a long dog walk and had a long conversation with my sister. This was both through parks and also on streets in an urban area. A nice stretch on quite a busy street, even had a couple loud trucks pass me. I checked in with my sister a few times, said I sounded just fine. One thing she hears was when some kids across the street were yelling. But general street noise was suppressed. I was pretty impressed. I have to make some more calls to see why it was messing up on an easier call. Obviously if they could be that good on the walk I took, they should be quite capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back