Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 24, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #60,497 of 62,460
Baseus have ripped off the Bose/Huawei Freeclip....actually, it looks more like the Ambie version that Bose and Huawei 'homaged'.

Most of the Baseus stuff I've tried has been crap, but I bought it anyway as reviewing stuff like this tends to make for popular content. Will be interested to see what they're like, especially at £20

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:31 AM Post #60,499 of 62,460
Interesting question, in quiet environments I think the Huawei has better Mids and highs. Using the voices equalizer really make the podcasts shine.

Out and about around the neighborhood, I think they sound the same.

What changes the equation is price and also the size and structure approach they used. Bose feel a bit heavier for me.
BTW the guys at DHRME did a comparison

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #60,500 of 62,460
What about ANC, ambient mode and call quality on the Devialet 2?
Zero issues. Use them on Zoom calls and regular calls all day at work. No one has ever complained. I think ambient is a bit better on the MTW4, but negligible. ANC better on the DG2. No call issues at all.

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:10 PM Post #60,501 of 62,460
Great question. I don't think so. If I didn't suffer from Gear Addiction Syndrome, I wouldn't get the MTW4 over the Devialet 2. While the MTW4 are no slouch, the Devialet are more fun, smaller buds, smaller case, LOUDER. I might actually think the MTW4 have a little better separation and clarity. But that could just be the tuning process voodoo.

I can't feel the Bose now that I've gotten used to them, but as you allude to -- the price is high. They're def not worth 300. Seems like the Freeclips are smaller and less of an eye sore.
I think you answered my question which is to say the MTW4 don’t really offer any meaningful upgrade over the G2 other than yes, liking shiny new toys. The G2 do no allow ANC to be turned off. Does the MTW? I do need a new set of cycling buds. The adidas have served me well but they are getting really gross from the sweat … lol. My Bose are still in the box unopened. Just keep thinking that I wouldn’t really use them. I kinda wanna open them but it’s better for Best Buy if I return unopened.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #60,502 of 62,460
I think you answered my question which is to say the MTW4 don’t really offer any meaningful upgrade over the G2 other than yes, liking shiny new toys. The G2 do no allow ANC to be turned off. Does the MTW? I do need a new set of cycling buds. The adidas have served me well but they are getting really gross from the sweat … lol. My Bose are still in the box unopened. Just keep thinking that I wouldn’t really use them. I kinda wanna open them but it’s better the Best Buy if I return unopened.
Yes you can turn off the ANC on the MTW4 with a tab on the buds, which all the controls are customizable. I like not using ANC when I don't want to. It's using less battery and not affecting the sound at all. This also just made my interest in the G2 go away. I'm glad because that was just FOMO and not really anything else.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #60,503 of 62,460
I think you answered my question which is to say the MTW4 don’t really offer any meaningful upgrade over the G2 other than yes, liking shiny new toys. The G2 do no allow ANC to be turned off. Does the MTW? I do need a new set of cycling buds. The adidas have served me well but they are getting really gross from the sweat … lol. My Bose are still in the box unopened. Just keep thinking that I wouldn’t really use them. I kinda wanna open them but it’s better the Best Buy if I return unopened.
Yes, ANC can be turned off in the app for the MTW4.

Feb 24, 2024 at 12:53 PM Post #60,504 of 62,460
Yes, ANC can be turned off in the app for the MTW4.
@clerkpalmer Incredible that you've lasted so long using the Adidas. I commend you. Wish you could just try the Bose, but I get it. The MTW are in fact just that, a shiny new toy. They're great, but worth 300 for something that you pretty much already have? I don't think so, but you're like me and will want them more as each day passes. I do love the controls on them. Easy to pop around to different devices without having to put them in the case. It's a small thing, but great. I do wish they'd shrink the case. It's just still too big. But everything we need is there and works well. I actually put Devialet tips on them right now and they're working well.

Feb 24, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #60,507 of 62,460
@clerkpalmer Incredible that you've lasted so long using the Adidas. I commend you. Wish you could just try the Bose, but I get it. The MTW are in fact just that, a shiny new toy. They're great, but worth 300 for something that you pretty much already have? I don't think so, but you're like me and will want them more as each day passes. I do love the controls on them. Easy to pop around to different devices without having to put them in the case. It's a small thing, but great. I do wish they'd shrink the case. It's just still too big. But everything we need is there and works well. I actually put Devialet tips on them right now and they're working well.
The Adidas fit me like a glove and have virtually zero wind noise. Not sure there’s anything else quite like them in the market that I’ve seen. Truly worth every penny. The G2 would not work on my bike due to always on ANC so I do “need” an upgrade…. Bose are just staring at me in the corner.

Feb 24, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #60,508 of 62,460
Anyone with TE-ZX1? I've 'ordered' one via Indiegogo with delivery in March. Wondering what I've spent my money on and how they compare to top TWS dogs SQ wise exclusively
I'm in the same boat. I read one review translated from Japanese that was a bit confusing, from what I can tell calling it "a nice collector's item". TBH I'm prepared for disappointment because the amount of drivers packed in to them is insane to me, but the planar in the mix got the better of my curiosity. Maybe they'll pull it off and it's amazing, but otherwise for me $200 was not too much to spend for my last dance with multi driver buds.

Feb 24, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #60,509 of 62,460
I'm in the same boat. I read one review translated from Japanese that was a bit confusing, from what I can tell calling it "a nice collector's item". TBH I'm prepared for disappointment because the amount of drivers packed in to them is insane to me, but the planar in the mix got the better of my curiosity. Maybe they'll pull it off and it's amazing, but otherwise for me $200 was not too much to spend for my last dance with multi driver buds.
What can you you do when you sleep on money? Spend it on TWS! Burns better than paper.

But seriously, I've tried most of the top dogs and wasn't happy enough (in terms of SQ alone) so I wonder

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #60,510 of 62,460
More calls with the MTW4 inside and they were all fine. Not sure why it was terrible the one time. Could be a phone thing, or something that comes up once in a bit and can be updated with firmware.

One thing I love about the Senns is that you can enable music to pause when turning on transparency mode. It's not for everyone but for my use case it's very helpful. 95% of the time I am turning on transparency mode is because I am going to interact with a person - it would make no sense for the music to keep playing. I walk a lot living in an urban area so am always running into a shop to grab something, or talk to someone on the street, so I just want the music to pause and now I can hear and speak fine. All happens with one input. For me it's two taps on the right bud. The Shure TW2 do this too, I know my Sony's did not, JVC's did not, and I can't remember about my Technics.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back