Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 24, 2024 at 9:50 PM Post #60,511 of 62,460
I pulled my MTW3 out again to see how I liked their comfort as I have been struggling with comfort with other TWS other than the Elite 10. The MTW3 are actually pretty close for comfort. But will definitely have to RMA them. Might see if they will let me pay a difference and get the MTW4 instead.

If the MTW3 had not started to have issues they would have stayed in my top TWS for usage.

The Elite 10 has been super satisfying, I have not felt any desire to replace them.

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #60,512 of 62,460
I pulled my MTW3 out again to see how I liked their comfort as I have been struggling with comfort with other TWS other than the Elite 10. The MTW3 are actually pretty close for comfort. But will definitely have to RMA them. Might see if they will let me pay a difference and get the MTW4 instead.

If the MTW3 had not started to have issues they would have stayed in my top TWS for usage.

The Elite 10 has been super satisfying, I have not felt any desire to replace them.
My biggest concern is Sennheiser's QC lately, actually, my old 2015 momentum wireless had issues as well, so this is a long standing issue with Senn.

Feb 25, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #60,513 of 62,460
Totally understand and agree. If I could get the MTW4 discounted with my MTW3 which needs RMA I would do that because I know the 3 have issues anyway. If I can't I will just get them replaced and might just flip the MTW3.

In that scenario I will wait and see if the MTW4 have issues after 6 or more months. Not interested in paying full retail either...

Feb 25, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #60,514 of 62,460
Totally understand and agree. If I could get the MTW4 discounted with my MTW3 which needs RMA I would do that because I know the 3 have issues anyway. If I can't I will just get them replaced and might just flip the MTW3.

In that scenario I will wait and see if the MTW4 have issues after 6 or more months. Not interested in paying full retail either...
Edit - unlikely Senn will swap you the 4s. Problem with flipping is with the 4s, and discounting, 3s won’t be worth much more than $100 or so. Better than nothing I suppose.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 1:17 AM Post #60,515 of 62,460
If I can't flip them for a good return I will just use them, they have great sound and I like their wind features. They will keep me from caving and getting the MTW4 until they have been out for a while and hopefully drop in price.

I also want to see what the more expensive sport model does when released. They might be more comfortable since I like the Elite 10.

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:04 AM Post #60,516 of 62,460
I'm sending back the Bose QC Ultra, the right earbud has become finicky when charging for some reason and while they're probably the best earbuds so far for ANC, overall isolation is still not "sufficient" for my needs (long train trips with sometimes ridiculously noisy people around me, kids playing cards, maskless sniffing) given their price point. My trusty EarFun Free (or Air) Pro 2 are close enough. Why has no one made earbuds with great passive isolation AND great ANC ? The Sony v5 might fit that bill but I don't want to deal with their short lifespan foam tips and tests show that they're way less effective with silicone tips.

So maybe I need headphones that would kill all these sudden noise peaks that ANC can't handle. I'll dig out my QC-25 again for my next trip and take it from there :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #60,517 of 62,460
Baseus have ripped off the Bose/Huawei Freeclip....actually, it looks more like the Ambie version that Bose and Huawei 'homaged'.

Most of the Baseus stuff I've tried has been crap, but I bought it anyway as reviewing stuff like this tends to make for popular content. Will be interested to see what they're like, especially at £20
i am amused how this clip on form factor seems to be celebrated as something new and wonderful, but as you already point out the Ambie, which somehow were not much discussed here ... I had a similar form factor set of TWS already in early 2020 .. for like 15$

s19.jpg

and Aliexpress has been full of similar ones at that pricepoint .. got a Oladance 'homage' also for 15$, mainly because its bright and orange .. and they do a pretty descent job for open sound ...

I actually also got those 1Mores you reviewed to highly .. and yes, they are not bad at all .. i really like them now in the winter to wear under a hat (I disabled all touch functions in the app, which is a great feature), but without the hat holding them in place I am not getting a great fit ... they feel loose

Sure I will try the Bose when I see them in a shop, but I cannot see myself shelling out 300$ for them ...

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #60,518 of 62,460
The Adidas fit me like a glove and have virtually zero wind noise. Not sure there’s anything else quite like them in the market that I’ve seen. Truly worth every penny. The G2 would not work on my bike due to always on ANC so I do “need” an upgrade…. Bose are just staring at me in the corner.
What Adidas model are you referring to ? Wind noise on a bike (or a scooter) is indeed a problem that I've never really been able to solve.

Feb 25, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #60,519 of 62,460
Ok...after owning over a dozen tws, I believe I'm finally ready to chill on purchases. My main units are now my Denon Perl Pro for overall listening, with Bose quiet comfort tips. (Helps with isolation), Bose quietcomfort ultra for workouts , movies, shows.. Noble Fokus Pro and Falcon Pro get occasional use in my rotation, Falcon being the brightest signature, and like it with horns and strings. Airpods pro 2 relegated to iPhone use for Atmos video. I'm a primary Android user with APTX Adaptive, so I get to make the most out of the four previously named tws.

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:01 AM Post #60,522 of 62,460
Thanks, so you're saying they don't pick up any wind noise at all when riding a bike ? That's quite a feat !
Do they provide good passive isolation ? Any thump when running ?

Feb 25, 2024 at 9:13 AM Post #60,524 of 62,460
Thanks, so you're saying they don't pick up any wind noise at all when riding a bike ? That's quite a feat !
Do they provide good passive isolation ? Any thump when running ?
I wouldn’t say zero but I would say they do the best I’ve ever tried at reducing it. The MTW3 are decent for this as well. Not a runner so can’t comment on that. Passive isolation is good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back