Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 13, 2024 at 9:23 AM Post #59,687 of 63,207
Does anybody know? Do Fokus Mystique support AptX HD?
If you really want/need aptX HD then look at B&W as they include the standalone aptX HD codec on many of their range.

I had the worlds first aptX Adaptive earbud/ear-loop/neckband and that was the B&W P14 which also had aptX HD and as always will fall back to aptX if no support for either aptX Adaptive or aptX HD.

I am pretty sure their newer TWS also use the same and more brands should now it is license free and now on Windows using a 3rd party AD2P driver.

Buy a 180 degree USB C adapter and a Creative BT-W5 and it will sit flush against your phone case (not going to stick out and get caught on things) and you will have both aptX HD and aptX Adaptive.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #59,689 of 63,207
What do you think about Huaweii FreeBuds Pro 3, definietly worth the hype? Praised for outstanding sound quality and ANC

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:12 AM Post #59,691 of 63,207
Who actually has them here?
Dk. :/ was about to buy them yesterday and stopped the trigger but I Want to press it somehow and get them but… :))

Jan 13, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #59,692 of 63,207
In the end I passed on the MTW3. I would recommend them to anyone, but I kept going back to the OG Nuratrue which I still have kicking around and I found myself preferring the tuning it served up for me, so I had to do a return and continue chasing the dragon.

I wish I could stick to the Nuratrue, as the sound is just right on my ears, but the connectivity (possibly due to the older BT 5.0) is way too unreliable outdoors, and I found the same with the rebranded Denon version.

So I'm on the hunt again. Budget can go to £300, £350, including an Amazon gift card, at an absolute push. Denon Perl Pro is the best I've heard, but I had repeated technical issues with them. Beoplay EX are an option, as I know they sound great and I only just passed on them in favour of DPP at the time, but am reluctant to go back as I know the ANC isn't great, I'd prefer no stem and the price is high. And yet the sound was wonderful when I tried them, so the temptation is there.

I'm looking for - Minimum basic AptX (ideally Adaptive/HD, but not a must). BT 5.2 or higher. Ideally in-ear/earbud style (but will consider stem). I'm not updating my Moto Edge 30 Ultra phone for a while, so something that can do the dance with that is the priority.

Sound quality and connection stability are my twin main considerations. Definitely looking for plenty of bass, wide soundstage, and something where I can really *feel* the snare hits if that makes sense. Minimal sibilance would be great, as that was an issue I had with MTW3, but overall V-shaped to my ears and energetic is a must. Don't mind messing with EQs, but some things you just can't EQ out. Nura/Denon gave me most if not all of what I'm looking for, but I'm done with them for now sadly.

I know it's all so subjective, but what would you guys recommend from this?

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #59,693 of 63,207
If you really want/need aptX HD then look at B&W as they include the standalone aptX HD codec on many of their range.
Yes, I have the PX7.
What do you think about Huaweii FreeBuds Pro 3
I had Huaweii FreeBuds Pro 2 (I liked them), sold them and bought Huaweii FreeBuds Pro 3. And returned them because of sibilants. There was some peak (about 8 kHz) which I couldn't EQed.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #59,694 of 63,207
What do you think about Huaweii FreeBuds Pro 3, definietly worth the hype? Praised for outstanding sound quality and ANC

Personally, I think they're the ones to beat.

I sampled a lot of TWS last year and they were my favourite and the ones I've ended up keeping. Not looking for anything else now for a while. Not many people have had them, only a few on here and there aren't really many other decent reviews online about them.

IMO, hidden gem.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #59,695 of 63,207
Personally, I think they're the ones to beat.

I sampled a lot of TWS last year and they were my favourite and the ones I've ended up keeping. Not looking for anything else now for a while. Not many people have had them, only a few on here and there aren't really many other decent reviews online about them.

IMO, hidden gem.
So I’m going to press the button buy, and in comparision to Beo Play Ex which ones, Pro 3 or EX? :))

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #59,696 of 63,207
So I’m going to press the button buy, and in comparision to Beo Play Ex which ones, Pro 3 or EX? :))
Never had the EX - I thought they were too expensive (paying for the name rather than the quality, again, just my opinion).

Caveating now that all my views are my personal opinion, everyone is different and sound is subjective yadda yadda.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #59,697 of 63,207
Ok gonna buy the Pro 3 anyways because they gonna be awesome! :)

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:04 PM Post #59,698 of 63,207
They're very good... Great sound and comfort is excellent! The buds doesn't go far into the ear, and there's only silicone that's in physical contact with your ear.

But sadly many downsides, we'll see if I keep them. :)

Ican't seem to get multipoint to work.

Attachments

• 20240113_180329.jpg
    20240113_180329.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #59,699 of 63,207
Still torn between Beoplay Ex and Freebuds Pro 3 before pulling the trigger on…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back