Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 12, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #59,671 of 63,207
I am a fan of the neckband solutions (the ones that you can use any IEM of choice with) and have used a Shanling MW200 for a few years now. I can't remember exactly when I got it but it was when it was first released.

The main attraction for me was using it when travelling through airports etc. as you can just pull the IEMs out and let them dangle around your neck when needing to, then pop them back in. No hassle of putting them in a case like TWS or earhooks.

However, the biggest negative for me has been the mic quality for calls. The Shanling (and the Fiio when I tried it) picks up a lot of background noise and is irritating for the person on the other end. For example, a PA announcement in an airport is louder for the other person than my voice when talking. Of course, with the passive isolation of IEMs, I don't notice this and don't raise my voice to compensate as I would using a normal phone for a call.

I wish more companies made neckband solutions (the ones that allow any IEM to be used) as it might have the effect of them putting more effort into them.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #59,672 of 63,207
If they are indeed the same size/shape as before (going by that video in his ears they looks the same and touch the same parts) then I cannot wear them as they give me really painful outer ears.

IMO they are suited more to smaller ears/canals and even then I can only get them to stay in long enough for that using 3rd party wings or they come loose.

So much for now being owned by a hearing aid company, hope I never need one of theirs.
I find using much lower profile eartips (designed with tws in mind) are the winner for most TWS for me
With normal supplied tips i find the fins (absolute critical for me for any buds due to my ears) can then rest in the groove without pressuring the outer ear.

MTW3 and DPP are night and day different with the shorter depth tips (nozzle almost flush with the tip hole)

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #59,674 of 63,207
Do you guys know if Bluetooth Audio Splitters exist?

Like a double line out AUX but for BT that would allow me to send songs from my phone to 2 different TWS or BT Speakers?

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #59,675 of 63,207
Hmm not sure how that would work all I know is there are 2 apps I know of one in MS store (free) and the other in Bluetooth Tweaker's settings that let you to receive BT audio from your Phone/Nvidia Shield etc to your PC.

fgdsfgfds.png

ghhgfhgfghf.png

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #59,677 of 63,207
PSB arrived:

The good - nice tight neutral sound profile. Very well tuned. As expected really. Compared to the Prestige it’s not a fair fight but compared to my Bose, I think they hang pretty well. The app offers 4 presets, no manual eq and an ear test that I haven’t tried yet. Solid if unremarkable.

The bad - build quality is as cheap as can be. Flimsy case. Buds are passable. The noise floor is also quite high.

The ugly - the kept playing when I put them back in the case. In fact they wouldn’t disconnect at all. Can’t happen in 2024.

I like PSB. They are a small company and I give them props for trying. These are decent little buds. But I’m not sure who these are aimed at. If they had ANC I might give a new set a try. But I’m inclined to return them.

Jan 12, 2024 at 11:33 PM Post #59,678 of 63,207
Do you guys know if Bluetooth Audio Splitters exist?

Like a double line out AUX but for BT that would allow me to send songs from my phone to 2 different TWS or BT Speakers?
Yes. I have not used this yet as I got it late in the camping season, but it was very well reviewed and I have it on deck for next season. This way two of us can watch the same show or movie in the tent with different earbuds on.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C37C2PQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jan 13, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #59,679 of 63,207
They just sit in the drawer. Controls are horrible. The charge port that is under the foam pads is just as bad as the one button control and IIRC the headphone side of the plug is standard but made skinnier so other charge cables may not fit the recessed port. Creative Jam V2 is the superior product but the next size up with aptX/HD/LL and BT5.0 and multipoint. It has 32mm drivers and 22 hours of battery. Plus USB cable in power and actual buttons including a separate bass mode button. The Creative is 99 grams and the Jlab is 57. Also micro USB vs. the Creatives USB C. Have them both in my hands and the balance is better on the Creative. Both in the hand and on the head the Creative feels near as light as if it is more 75G to 57g. Throw in the creative has more clamp and stays on the head while the metal headband of the JLab will slide forward or back if you are any kind of active. Surprised JLab never made a follow up to address that bad design. :)
NICE! Those Creative Jam V2 never crossed my radar before and they seem to fix all those flaws of the Jlab you mention. I might bite the bullet, they are currently 3580¥ with a 10% off coupon :)

Jan 13, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #59,684 of 63,207
NICE! Those Creative Jam V2 never crossed my radar before and they seem to fix all those flaws of the Jlab you mention. I might bite the bullet, they are currently 3580¥ with a 10% off coupon :)
Duh, they do have an actual weight spec on the site other than just under 100grams. 84 grams which obviously is why they feel lighter and more around 75 grams to me. :)

PSB arrived:

The good - nice tight neutral sound profile. Very well tuned. As expected really. Compared to the Prestige it’s not a fair fight but compared to my Bose, I think they hang pretty well. The app offers 4 presets, no manual eq and an ear test that I haven’t tried yet. Solid if unremarkable.

The bad - build quality is as cheap as can be. Flimsy case. Buds are passable. The noise floor is also quite high.

The ugly - the kept playing when I put them back in the case. In fact they wouldn’t disconnect at all. Can’t happen in 2024.

I like PSB. They are a small company and I give them props for trying. These are decent little buds. But I’m not sure who these are aimed at. If they had ANC I might give a new set a try. But I’m inclined to return them.
Well you don't know till you try. And it you don't try it you think you might be missing out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back