Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 10, 2023 at 2:28 AM Post #58,636 of 63,207
Too bad it doesn't have a comparison with the first gen.

Nuarl joining the mems party with a real looker :)...
1702131125984.jpeg
1702131151160.jpeg

First pics of the Noble...
1702131783313.jpeg
1702131798427.jpeg

The Aviot...

1702136453317.jpeg
Damn all of those look great. Didn't expect Nuarl to come out with MEMs. Defs one to look out for along With Noble ofcourse. And the aviot :0

Anyone of these might give me a reason to look at something other than the DPP with Nuarl probs at the top of the list.

Dec 10, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #58,638 of 63,207
I was initially set on getting the MTW4s...But these do look very interesting, especially since they will support LDAC too, meaning I could get by with using a Pixel or Samsung phone rather than being stuck with Sony.

I'm much more interested in LE Audio/LC3 when it comes to my PC/Laptop compared to my phone.

Pretty good first impression from various Japanese folks on X too! They don't seem to support Snapdragon Lossless tho, even if they are using the 5171-SoC.

https://twitter.com/search?q="FALCON MAX"&src=typed_query&f=live

Has any of the Noble TWS supported multi point btw?

Edit, according to this post the Falcon Max will indeed have multi-point! :)

https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1553341.html
I wish noble would ditch that stock shell with insanely wide bore and stem. The form factor and fit could definitely be improved. Doesn’t seem like a priority so I guess I’m in the minority.

Dec 10, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #58,640 of 63,207
Anyone have a set off these that could comment on Bluetooth performance?

https://www.akg.com/Headphones/Earb...&kxconfid=unnmhyek8&gad_source=1&gclsrc=aw.ds
Bought two last year at that price…. I fit them with the Bose stay hear tips and they’re probably my best sounding headphones of any kind, and I have three STAX! Tried the Bluetooth dongle once but just took so much of the sound away, It’s included just for convenience I’d guess…
Amazingly bargain at $199. 👍

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #58,641 of 63,207
Bought two last year at that price…. I fit them with the Bose stay hear tips and they’re probably my best sounding headphones of any kind, and I have three STAX! Tried the Bluetooth dongle once but just took so much of the sound away, It’s included just for convenience I’d guess…
Worth buying at that price? I'm always in the market for an extreme bargain, and these seem kind of unusual given that it comes with a bluetooth dongle, even if the connection is a bottleneck.

MW09 worth it? $400 seems like a lot, but Amazon has the kevlar ones at full price right now.

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #58,642 of 63,207
Maybe, I have not the largest Ears, but have no problems with the fit, or the IEM Style in general
Any form of movement at all and they wiggle out.
Nice. Cool that the Bose tips work on them. Ordered.

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #58,643 of 63,207
Worth buying at that price? I'm always in the market for an extreme bargain, and these seem kind of unusual given that it comes with a bluetooth dongle, even if the connection is a bottleneck.

MW09 worth it? $400 seems like a lot, but Amazon has the kevlar ones at full price right now.
Amazon isn’t shipping them until after Xmas. Looks like M&D is forcing you to buy direct through the holiday. I don’t like the way they do that. Not giving into that nonsense.

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #58,644 of 63,207

I've only tried them wired, but tbo wasn't very impressed. Not much of an upgrade from my even older K3003, still that slightly spiky / metallic sounding BA treble. For example, the DD + planar Oppo Enco X2 have much more refined / natural sounding treble to my ears. Jm2c.

Same here. I had these for a day and felt they're pretty much on par with the K3003, but their design is less ergonomic and comfy for me. Personally, I'd say the reference tuning represents a slight v-shape. Treble seems a little less spiky to my ears than the graph that's been posted might suggest (possibly a coupler resonance?). But tbh, I didn't hear a noteworthy upgrade in treble quality vs. my old K3003.

Overall, a decent pair of IEMs and a very complete package with all the cables, bluetooth and stuff... but still a little underwhelming imo, considering how much time has passed since the launch of the K3003.

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #58,645 of 63,207

Sure, its msrp is $999, and is an AKG, German designed. I wouldn’t have bit at that price, but that’s just me. I did buy my STAX Sigmas for $1,500 when adjusting for inflation. I do EQ all my headphones, because there is a specific freq response I’m addicted to; kind of a cross between U and V shaped.. What I can say is The Who’s “Who are You”, is astonishing on these. I knew Keith Moon was great, but the drum and cymbals are exceptional 👍

Dec 10, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #58,646 of 63,207
I've only tried them wired, but tbo wasn't very impressed. Not much of an upgrade from my even older K3003, still that slightly spiky / metallic sounding BA treble. For example, the DD + planar Oppo Enco X2 have much more refined / natural sounding treble to my ears. Jm2c.
If you still have them, try with the Bose tips. They don’t penetrate and just cover the ear holes, and help with the short stems on the AKG’s..

Dec 10, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #58,649 of 63,207
Anyone here try the Mackie MP-20TWS?

I can pick them up for $94. They don't have an app but I suspect they will sound good and they appear to have good battery life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back