Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 9, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #58,621 of 62,732
Part of the appeal of the MW09 is the stated battery run time, honestly. I half want to just get the XM5s, but I've read reports from others that they have the same battery problem. Still, they're pricey and the AZ80 sound like an option, too. Unless there's something else available that I'm missing.

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #58,622 of 62,732
Just received the Aurvana Ace 2 (~USD160)
Tested using AAC on iPhone

Quick impression notes purely focused on SQ:
1. The tweeter is very good. Its very close in quality to a higher end wired IEM imo
2. The dynamic driver is tuned with too much low end immediately had to tune this down in EQ. It does have a visceral thump that is great for movies.
3. Good sound staging. Maybe partially due to the tweeter being v good at drawing details
3. This TWS will shine with simpler musical arrangements where the tweeter will shine through
4. Will also shine in movies where the elevated bass adds to the immersion of the viewing experience and one isn’t focusing heavily on musical details

Tracks that stand out so far:
Jewel - Foolish games
Zuzana Bereznai - Lascia Ch’io Pianga
Star Trek Picard Season 3 OST - The Stars End Credits
Jimmy Webb (featuring Linda Rondstadt) - All I Know
Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (Acoustic piano version)

I would say I prefer this over the 2nd gen APP as it is a more fun sounding in ears and the elevated bass is useful for some scenarios. It really reminds me of the old Sony EX hybrid IEMs that always put a smile on my face.

That being said, the WF-1000mk5 is still the most well rounded imo. Overall well done Creative, I think this sneaks into the upper tiers of current TWS and I’ll be keeping an eye for what’s next.

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #58,624 of 62,732
Just received the Aurvana Ace 2 (~USD160)
Tested using AAC on iPhone

Quick impression notes purely focused on SQ:
1. The tweeter is very good. Its very close in quality to a higher end wired IEM imo
2. The dynamic driver is tuned with too much low end immediately had to tune this down in EQ. It does have a visceral thump that is great for movies.
3. Good sound staging. Maybe partially due to the tweeter being v good at drawing details
3. This TWS will shine with simpler musical arrangements where the tweeter will shine through
4. Will also shine in movies where the elevated bass adds to the immersion of the viewing experience and one isn’t focusing heavily on musical details

Tracks that stand out so far:
Jewel - Foolish games
Zuzana Bereznai - Lascia Ch’io Pianga
Star Trek Picard Season 3 OST - The Stars End Credits
Jimmy Webb (featuring Linda Rondstadt) - All I Know
Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire (Acoustic piano version)

I would say I prefer this over the 2nd gen APP as it is a more fun sounding in ears and the elevated bass is useful for some scenarios. It really reminds me of the old Sony EX hybrid IEMs that always put a smile on my face.

That being said, the WF-1000mk5 is still the most well rounded imo. Overall well done Creative, I think this sneaks into the upper tiers of current TWS and I’ll be keeping an eye for what’s next.
Thanks for the initial impressions! What kind of things are available in the app? Any comments on any of the other features such as ANC etc?

Looking forward to others getting their hands on them too.

Dec 9, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #58,625 of 62,732
Thanks for the initial impressions! What kind of things are available in the app? Any comments on any of the other features such as ANC etc?

There is anc and ambient mode, eq and ability to customise taps in the Creative app.

Have not tried anc yet but I can do so later :)

Dec 9, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #58,626 of 62,732
https://majorhifi.com/final-audio-ze8000-mk2-review/

Final Audio ZE8000 MK2 reviews coming out..
Too bad it doesn't have a comparison with the first gen.

Nuarl joining the mems party with a real looker :)...
1702131125984.jpeg

1702131151160.jpeg

First pics of the Noble...
1702131783313.jpeg

1702131798427.jpeg

The Aviot...

1702136453317.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #58,627 of 62,732
Just got the Huawei Freebuds Pro 3 in green and been listening for 1hour already. First of all, I dig the look ( green ones). They are as comfortable as the Airpods and the case is as portable.

Also...
Sound like Airpods Pro 2, but on Steroids. Sadly can´t a/b them, but looking now at their respective frequency responses confirms my impressions. Subbass is HUGE and mostly emphasized there, which means we are getting uncolored mids here.
There is bit of treble energy which slightly dominates the signature and the extension is great by the way, which I am not used at all at this price point. To be honest, at 200 Euros... they are probably getting my go to recommendation. They sound great, I already had some expectations after reading some impressions and reviews, but I am still pleasantly surprised.
I would say, if you liked the Buds2 Pro or Airpods Pro 2 but wished for more trebly energy and extensions... you can bet on the Freebuds Pro 3.

Will be listening to my TWX9 later, I am afraid the Huawei might ruin them for me. Hopefully I can appreciate both at the same time, I am not much a collector.
Biggest Con for me right now is that the Pro 3 only play SBC codec on Windows Computers. :sleepy:

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #58,628 of 62,732
Dec 9, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #58,629 of 62,732
I was initially set on getting the MTW4s...But these do look very interesting, especially since they will support LDAC too, meaning I could get by with using a Pixel or Samsung phone rather than being stuck with Sony.

I'm much more interested in LE Audio/LC3 when it comes to my PC/Laptop compared to my phone.

Pretty good first impression from various Japanese folks on X too! They don't seem to support Snapdragon Lossless tho, even if they are using the 5171-SoC.

https://twitter.com/search?q="FALCON MAX"&src=typed_query&f=live

Has any of the Noble TWS supported multi point btw?

Edit, according to this post the Falcon Max will indeed have multi-point! :)

https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1553341.html

Attachments

• GA0mN7dbUAAQBCz.jpeg
    GA0mN7dbUAAQBCz.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 0
  • GA0mI9nbwAAIoaj.jpeg
    GA0mI9nbwAAIoaj.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 0
  • GA0mFXzbIAAMGML.jpeg
    GA0mFXzbIAAMGML.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 9, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #58,630 of 62,732
I was initially set on getting the MTW4s...But these do look very interesting, especially since they will support LDAC too, meaning I could get by with using a Pixel or Samsung phone rather than being stuck with Sony.

I'm much more interested in LE Audio/LC3 when it comes to my PC/Laptop compared to my phone.

Pretty good first impression from various Japanese folks on X too! They don't seem to support Snapdragon Lossless tho, even if they are using the 5171-SoC.

https://twitter.com/search?q="FALCON MAX"&src=typed_query&f=live

Has any of the Noble TWS supported multi point btw?

Edit, according to this post the Falcon Max will indeed have multi-point! :)

https://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1553341.html
Would of liked to see Aptx Lossless. LDAC is the next best option. Will be getting these

Dec 9, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #58,631 of 62,732
Would of liked to see Aptx Lossless. LDAC is the next best option. Will be getting these
It is possible with the 5171, but without LE-audio...:/ So dunno, maybe with a firmware update?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 21-33-19 Qualcomm-QCC5100-Series-Bluetooth-Audio-SoCs.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-09 at 21-33-19 Qualcomm-QCC5100-Series-Bluetooth-Audio-SoCs.pdf.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 9, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #58,635 of 62,732

ANC is quite a simple affair you can have it on or in ambient mode. I find that it isn’t as sophisticated as the Sonys.

Sound wise it has really grown on me especially when watching yt and movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back