Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Dec 7, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #58,593 of 62,574
Finally got around to opening and listening to my Black Friday AirPods 3rd gen…. Simply superb in every way.. I compared them to my recently bought original Sony Linkbuds (donut shape drivers). The Sonys are actually more isolating but can’t come close the Apple sound signature. I picked up the AirPods 2nd gen last year and have 2 year old AirPods Pro’s. All three are different, but the nod goes to the third gen. Why? Because it is an amazing blend of the pro’s and 2nd gen. Really the best of both worlds.. highly recommend for Apple users, and a can’t miss.. 👍
I want to make clear here, the excellent AirPod 3 sound signature is most likely due to no ANC in the audio chain, and the tuning. I used them while getting coffee…. And ha!! 😀. Not recommended for any noisy environment, I pulled out my Sennies M3’s!

Dec 7, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #58,594 of 62,574
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #58,595 of 62,574
While I do think they're a great deal, you don't need them.
I could do without them... but waterproof, LDAC(stable) and 99.00... good but particularly for the price. I think the sound is good.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #58,596 of 62,574
I could do without them... but waterproof, LDAC(stable) and 99.00... a good but particularly for the price. I think the sound is good.
I keep reaching for my B&O, Devialet & M&Ws more. I want it all, but trying to be rational for a few mins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Sound is def good. The EQ stinks on mine. I thought the latest app release today would fix that. Nope. Back to only using the presets. I did recently have some dropouts outdoors, but a bluetooth reset/repair resolved that.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #58,597 of 62,574
While I do think they're a great deal, you don't need them.
Yeah thanks. Not sure what’s going to be better than the Svanar/Gemini combo. Had my trigger finger over the EX used very good but decided against it. Creative has a site wide coupon for 25 off but the xMems is excluded. The MW09 continue to look so pretty but not buying from M&D direct. I’d like a set of those PX8 for 349 certified.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #58,598 of 62,574
So I recently sold off my Mystique’s to try the Svanar LE. I definitely didn’t think it all the way through. Svanar is the first IEM that actually hurts my ears… well right ear.

I’ve had trouble getting good fits but never any actual pain. I’m gonna keep tip rolling for another day or two but plan on sending my pair back. Too bad, they do sound good and the connectivity is tons better than Mystique.

I guess… this is a sign I should just get the Prestige and stop wondering about other sets. Haha.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #58,600 of 62,574
As much as I overspend on some of my hobbies, including audio, I'm still not able to pay $600 for disposable earbuds that might last a couple years due to an irreplaceable battery.

Dec 7, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #58,601 of 62,574
I loved the Mystiques but has serious connectivity issues. I agree about the price though.

Dec 8, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #58,604 of 62,574
Creative Ace 2 not quite what you were hoping? How a bout a Noble with mems??
Falcon Max a "pioneer in a new stage of unparalleled audio experience" and here you thought the Falcons were the lower Noble TWS but this bird will be flyin' high. Unparalleled I tell ya.:grin:
1702043802194.jpeg

https://www-phileweb-com.translate....l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Of course being a "pioneer in a new stage of" means the first attempt so maybe not quite unparalleled just yet esp. for $240-ish dollars but it sounds good. Both these and the Aviot will be at Potafest so hopefully some good impressions coming in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #58,605 of 62,574
Creative Ace 2 not quite what you were hoping? How a bout a Noble with mems??
Falcon Max a "pioneer in a new stage of unparalleled audio experience" and here you thought the Falcons were the lower Noble TWS but this bird will be flyin' high. Unparalleled I tell ya.:grin:
1702043802194.jpeg
https://www-phileweb-com.translate....l=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Of course being a "pioneer in a new stage of" means the first attempt so maybe not quite unparalleled just yet esp. for $240-ish dollars but it sounds good. Both these and the Aviot will be at Potafest so hopefully some good impressions coming in the next couple of days.
I, for one, will be very curious to see some impressions of these! Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back