Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 10, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #55,171 of 62,210
Was listening to a very quiet classical piece today that started with a somber cello. Using the Svanar Wireless, while cooking lunch showed why I will always have a great all-rounder ANC TWS available.

The background sounds just ruined the song, my only option was to crank up the volume to drown out the noise. For this type of music I prefer low volume listening but also need a relatively quiet noise floor. I switched to the AZ80 then went about lunch prep, happily enjoying my music.

Just shows how even now there is no one TWS that covers all the bases. I am not sure if we will ever see one TWS to rule them all...
As of now the Denon PerL Pro rules all of my TWS and the Svanar I had before as the all rounder 🙆

Aug 10, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #55,172 of 62,210
As of now the Denon PerL Pro rules all of my TWS and the Svanar I had before as the all rounder 🙆
intriguing... do you find the size of Perl Pro offsetting?

Aug 10, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #55,173 of 62,210
1691698782436.png

vs
1691698871020.png

I wonder how much difference the ANC adaptive is compared to the lower model. Since I don't have a phone that will do APTx Lossless, I also wonder if the spatial audio is gimmicky versus something that would always be turned on. The added battery life would be better of course but not a deal breaker. I will dig up some reviews of both models and see what I can find.

This would be the first Denon IEM I might like. I loved their big full-size headphones, but their IEM's have always been lackluster in my experience. I know in this case this is actually the company they bought...

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:15 PM Post #55,175 of 62,210
I don't have the Denons, but I have the same Dirac Virtuo spatial audio on my Sudio E2 TWS and it's no gimmick.
Thanks James, so it does look like the Pro model is the way to go... Expensive little (NOT) TWS... :xf_cool:

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:35 PM Post #55,176 of 62,210
Thanks James, so it does look like the Pro model is the way to go... Expensive little (NOT) TWS... :xf_cool:
The Denon, to me, isn't an overly large TWS. It has the disc part (touch surface) , that sticks out of your ear, but it doesn't touch the outer ear. The inner part is similar to most TWS buds, in that they fit fine. For me, I use the large tips and larger anchor (?) part, to keep it secure while walking. The one problem I have encountered is that, on my exercise walks, the left but, after about 15-20min, tends to drop briefly. A reboot of both the buds and the phone do nothing to fix it. So they are more of an "at home" type bud to me from this point on. But they are fantastic sounding TWS. As for the Dirac, it can be turned off, which I prefer, to preserve soundstage and imaging.

Aug 10, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #55,177 of 62,210
The Sony XM5 are definitely intriguing but got my hands tied up with TWS enroute. Anima ANW02, RedMagic DAO & OnePlus Buds Pro 2
Did you get the Anima ANW02 yet?

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #55,178 of 62,210
intriguing... do you find the size of Perl Pro offsetting?
Those looks the same type as Monoprice TWS and Cleer Ally. Or the once famous 7Hz Timeless.

Aug 10, 2023 at 6:45 PM Post #55,180 of 62,210
I don't have the Denons, but I have the same Dirac Virtuo spatial audio on my Sudio E2 TWS and it's no gimmick.
My Asus ROG 7 has DIRAC Virtuo in the Audiowizard software. Has the same effect as the one built in the Denon App but using it off the App disabled Aptx Lossless and lowers to Aptx Adaptive 24/96 at 880kbps. But if I use DIRAC Virtuo off the phone, Aptx Lossless is still retained

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #55,182 of 62,210
1691698782436.png
vs
1691698871020.png
I wonder how much difference the ANC adaptive is compared to the lower model. Since I don't have a phone that will do APTx Lossless, I also wonder if the spatial audio is gimmicky versus something that would always be turned on. The added battery life would be better of course but not a deal breaker. I will dig up some reviews of both models and see what I can find.

This would be the first Denon IEM I might like. I loved their big full-size headphones, but their IEM's have always been lackluster in my experience. I know in this case this is actually the company they bought...
Is there a phone out there that support AptX lossless yet? I just ordered the Denon Perl Pro out of curiosity.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:14 PM Post #55,183 of 62,210
So got the Svanar wireless. They are definitely more of an audiophile tuning (at least compared to Sony and Technics) with more prominent mids. I can see why people like them, but they don't meet my needs. Going back and forth between Xm5, AZ80, and Svanar, I preferred the former two above the latter. Totally subjective. I can see why people would like the Svanar. They are sleek and sound good, but they are not my cup of tea, so sending back to amazon and grabbing the Monarch mkiii instead.

Aug 10, 2023 at 7:43 PM Post #55,184 of 62,210
The stupid WF-1000XM5 keep siren calling me... LOL

I do have a feeling I would like their sound. They seem like they have more airy sound which I know I would like.

@JoshG1217 would you say the XM5 compare to the AZ80?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back