Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 11, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #55,201 of 62,472
For the 1% who may care, the wind ANC setting on the MTW3 is actually pretty decent. For most TWS, I disable ANC on my bike as the feedback is overwhelming. On the MTW3, I actually think they cut back on the wind noise. For sports, I'd give these a B. Fit is a little fussy but not terrible. They do stay mostly put. The sweat issue is a problem not because they aren't sweat proof but they seem to collect moisture more than other TWS and once the moisture gets in there, the sound goes muffled. The sound is a big upgrade over the laughable Adidas and is noticeable even moving on a bike.

Aug 11, 2023 at 1:25 PM Post #55,202 of 62,472
Aug 11, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #55,205 of 62,472
Aug 11, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #55,206 of 62,472
For the 1% who may care, the wind ANC setting on the MTW3 is actually pretty decent. For most TWS, I disable ANC on my bike as the feedback is overwhelming. On the MTW3, I actually think they cut back on the wind noise. For sports, I'd give these a B. Fit is a little fussy but not terrible. They do stay mostly put. The sweat issue is a problem not because they aren't sweat proof but they seem to collect moisture more than other TWS and once the moisture gets in there, the sound goes muffled. The sound is a big upgrade over the laughable Adidas and is noticeable even moving on a bike.
I miss the wind noise function of the MTW3 alot. It's one of its best features. Especially where I live where wind is almost a constant... might end up buying them again...

Aug 11, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #55,207 of 62,472
I have to say of all big name TWS Jabra has never impressed me. I tried an entry level Elite 3 and then tried the Elite 7 Pro and both sounded more or less the same which was underwhelming in the audio department. I also found the ANC lacking and their wheel house being mics also lacking.

It's like they keep coming up with new models but they never change anything... same driver, etc.

Hopefully these start to address their deficiencies in features, audio quality, and functionality compared to other brands.

Aug 11, 2023 at 6:36 PM Post #55,208 of 62,472
I have to say of all big name TWS Jabra has never impressed me. I tried an entry level Elite 3 and then tried the Elite 7 Pro and both sounded more or less the same which was underwhelming in the audio department. I also found the ANC lacking and their wheel house being mics also lacking.

It's like they keep coming up with new models but they never change anything... same driver, etc.

Hopefully these start to address their deficiencies in features, audio quality, and functionality compared to other brands.
Same here. Maybe the 10 will change that, but not holding my breath.

Aug 12, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #55,209 of 62,472
Remind me, but don't you trash Bose SQ regularly? I saw some press stuff. Looks like they will sound and perform the same and just be smaller.
Funny how you like to cherry pick what you remember I said (yes, I took you off ignore a few days ago to see how you got on with the MTW3's but I am beginning to regret that already).

I STATED MULTIPLE times over the years I do not buy the Bose or Sony for SQ, but ANC and I am not alone with that opinion here.

Have you ever stopped to think that sound stage can change like it has apparently in the new Sony's (rhetorical).

Now your Bose are acting up you should go and read the locked thread on Reddit and see how many Gremlins they really have.

I suggested last week you buy the 3rd party wings for the MTW3 as I did for my 2nd attempt with them, now they do not budge like before, but my ears are bruised as they go so far in my non child/female sized male ears and larger canals the rounded corners of the square buds are touching my ear in two places.

They sound as good as I remembered (though beaten by the FW5's now), the FW update I just missed last time did improve the BT issue (listed in changelog) but they still act up not too far from source but better than before which is disappointing for a Class 1 10dBm product.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #55,210 of 62,472
On paper at least very good specs esp. battery life via aptX (assuming 50% Vol).

Specs:

driver
10mm Dynamic Driver (El-CoClear Vibration Version)

Output sound pressure level
-

Playback frequency band
20Hz ~ 40kHz

impedance
32Ω

Bluetooth version

Bluetooth Profile
A2DP / AVRCP / HSP / HFP / SPP

Supported codecs
SBC / AAC / aptX / aptX™ Adaptive™ / aptX Lossless™ / LC3 (with LE Audio)

Call codec
apt™ Voice

other
Qualcomm TrueWireless Mirroring™ support, Class 2, maximum connection distance 10m

Dustproof and splashproof standard
IP56

Continuous playback time
Approx. 14 hours (*aptX™ connected), with charging case: up to approx. 42 hours

Talk time
Approx. 9 hours

Full charge time
Earphone body: about 1 hour, charging case: about 2 hours

Number of full charges
2 times (*When the charging case is fully charged)

battery
Built-in lithium polymer battery

Power Capacity
Earphone (one side): 85mAh, charging case: 350mAh

Rated input
DC 5V / 300mAh

Multipoint connections

Auto Pairing

External sound capture function

Contactless charging function

Dedicated app
ANIMA Studio: iOS 14.1 / Android 9.0 or higher

https://www.anima-audio.jp/anw02

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #55,211 of 62,472
Funny how you like to cherry pick what you remember I said (yes, I took you off ignore a few days ago to see how you got on with the MTW3's but I am beginning to regret that already).

I STATED MULTIPLE times over the years I do not buy the Bose or Sony for SQ, but ANC and I am not alone with that opinion here.

Have you ever stopped to think that sound stage can change like it has apparently in the new Sony's (rhetorical).

Now your Bose are acting up you should go and read the locked thread on Reddit and see how many Gremlins they really have.

I suggested last week you buy the 3rd party wings for the MTW3 as I did for my 2nd attempt with them, now they do not budge like before, but my ears are bruised as they go so far in my non child/female sized male ears and larger canals the rounded corners of the square buds are touching my ear in two places.

They sound as good as I remembered (though beaten by the FW5's now), the FW update I just missed last time did improve the BT issue (listed in changelog) but they still act up not too far from source but better than before which is disappointing for a Class 1 10dBm product.
Which model is the FW5? Is that the Fiio?

Aug 12, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #55,212 of 62,472
Yes, FiiO FW5's, until I got them the MTW3 were the best sounding TWS to me, again I have said this multiple times and not counting my FH3 on Neckband or FH7 wired as single driver vs multiple drivers and they are not TWS even if added to a BT Device.

Why are you not talking much about your new FW3's?

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #55,213 of 62,472
Thanks, got the FW3 because of their early price and am not super enamored by them. But the FW5 have always been on my radar too being a triple driver setup. I also have the FH5 and UTWS5 which also really nice.

I miss my MTW3 though especially outdoors where they handle the wind so well.

Aug 12, 2023 at 2:30 AM Post #55,214 of 62,472
I took your advice and got them as they were at least 40% off, they only had 25% off on Amazon UK but I bought from Ebay (new sealed) and the total saving from Amazon full price to what I got them for was just over 40%.

Punt your FW3's and try get a deal on FW5's somewhere and the MTW3 should be easy to get preowned but still sealed on Ebay.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 2:51 AM Post #55,215 of 62,472
While not TOTL I am enjoying my FiiTii HiFiDots, and today tried the new Azla SednaEarfit Max ASMR tips which brought the comfort and sound quality still higher. A bit pricey for eartips but IMO worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back