Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 9, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #55,156 of 62,469
I own an Edge 30 Ultra. The screenshots you're showing would be something like I'd be expecting from Aptx Lossless but this is all I get. The 44.1 option arrived with Android 13, but it feels like they just chucked it on with no integration.

Are you Edge+ 2023? I had a go on an Edge 40 Pro, which I thought was basically the same, but had the same experience.
What TWS are you using that have Aptx Lossless? And dev settings ain't going to show Aptx Lossless

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #55,158 of 62,469
What TWS are you using that have Aptx Lossless? And dev settings ain't going to show Aptx Lossless
Denon Perl Pro! Yeah, I know it's not in developer options per se, but 44.1kz sample rate on Adaptive is the indicator that it's running as far as I'm aware. I tried a ZenFone out of curiosity, so I've seen how it should work! Just couldn't get along with such a small screen and the slow charging. If I had unlimited funds I'd use it as a little DAP-ish backup 😅

Aug 9, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #55,159 of 62,469
Denon Perl Pro! Yeah, I know it's not in developer options per se, but 44.1kz sample rate on Adaptive is the indicator that it's running as far as I'm aware. I tried a ZenFone out of curiosity, so I've seen how it should work! Just couldn't get along with such a small screen and the slow charging. If I had unlimited funds I'd use it as a little DAP-ish backup 😅

AptX adaptive and Aptx lossless are not the same... :wink:

Aug 9, 2023 at 5:23 PM Post #55,160 of 62,469
I find myself actually enjoying the music more with TWS buds vs wired IEMs or headphones. It’s the whole audiophile curse where we use music to listen to the headphone instead of using the headphone to listen to the music.

I’m talking about at home just sitting on the couch, not even just in a mobile on the go environment.

Do the MTW3 sound as good as my Focal Elear with Clear pads, or my Aful Performer 8’s? Not quite, but it’s close enough(sometimes).

The MTW3’s are comfortable, have great battery life, good ANC, transparency mode on a single tap of the left bud that actually pauses the music as well, they sound great especially for what they are. No complaints here from me.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 6:10 PM Post #55,161 of 62,469
I find myself actually enjoying the music more with TWS buds vs wired IEMs or headphones. It’s the whole audiophile curse where we use music to listen to the headphone instead of using the headphone to listen to the music.

I’m talking about at home just sitting on the couch, not even just in a mobile on the go environment.

Do the MTW3 sound as good as my Focal Elear with Clear pads, or my Aful Performer 8’s? Not quite, but it’s close enough(sometimes).

The MTW3’s are comfortable, have great battery life, good ANC, transparency mode on a single tap of the left bud that actually pauses the music as well, they sound great especially for what they are. No complaints here from me.
Hear hear!

One thing I found after getting my hands on a TOTL is that music still sounds good when you go back to cheaper buds.

Music sounds good almost all the time, out a crappy 1940 gamaphone, out of a pair of $20 wired apple earbuds, heck music even sounds good out of the Bose QC II

Aug 9, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #55,162 of 62,469
Hear hear!

One thing I found after getting my hands on a TOTL is that music still sounds good when you go back to cheaper buds.

Music sounds good almost all the time, out a crappy 1940 gamaphone, out of a pair of $20 wired apple earbuds, heck music even sounds good out of the Bose QC II

Yea, I do have standards though still.

To me frequency response and overall tonal balance is still the number one thing. So I still need a TWS set to have the tonal balance I prefer. The MTW3’s with their “personalized sound” thing works well for my tastes, and I don’t notice any obvious Bluetooth compression or loss.

I used the MTW3 earlier in the day yesterday, then used my Aful Performer 8’s last night for an album and a half, and then later that night used the MTW3 again. Being able to use both in the same day and not feeling like the MTW3 was bad or missing a lot of info in comparison is a win in my book. I couldn’t say the same for the APP2’s.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #55,164 of 62,469
I enjoy using the Creative bt-w4 adapter to get apt-x adaptive with my Samsung phone. Makes a significant difference over the Samsung apt-x. Creative has come out with the bt-w5, but I'm not really seeing much difference or improvement over the bt-w4 when i read about it. Can anyone with a better understanding of these things explain if it's worthwhile to get the newer adapter?

Aug 9, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #55,165 of 62,469
I had/have both, the info is there in charts on Creatives website, for a start it is BT 5.3, readds aptX HD and can do 24/96 BT unlike the BT-W4 which was 24/48 BT, and it has a low latency mode (24/48).

If you are listening to CD Rips at 16/44.1 or Hi-Res 24/48 then there is no real point in upgrading unless you really want BT 5.3 or 24/96 or the LL Mode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/12x5qjr/creative_btw5_and_btw3x/

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 12:08 AM Post #55,166 of 62,469
Request!

Anyone here with the MTW3 and a phone with aptX Adaptive support?
I do...worked fine via aptX adaptive if I recall correctly (LG V60, which I still have, and used to use an OnePlus 8t that I recently traded in). Unfortunately, my earbuds appear to be dead after 13 months of light usage...tried using them today only to find the left aide won't charge above 10% and the right earbud is completely dead. Tried using 2 different chargers with no success and I am going to try a third charger overnight but I am not hopeful since the case appears to be charging fine and is showing 100% in the app.

Will probably send them in but having had the original MTW (had to do a warranty claim for those due to my case breaking) and now my MTW3s having issues again (previously had loud unpleasant popping noises in my left earbud, which went away with a factory reset), I am debating just moving on and ordering the AZ-80s again. I would recommend that, if anyone notices issues with their own MTW3s, they should send them back right away as there seem to be some QC issues with these as others have noted.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #55,167 of 62,469
Connected to both my phone and Creative BT-W5 at same time, I set the MTW3 to 96k via the Toggle in APP and put them in the charging case and then remove again to activate it and it seems to have stuck in the App (GOOD).

So, I disable BT on phone, and I am on Dongle only but no way to tell if really 24/96 (I set the Dongle/Windows to this) and when I enable BT on phone again App shows the 96k Toggle is OFF again (NOT SO GOOD),

Not sure the way they implemented it is the best, FiiO FW5 are 24/96 and you can control via the Device and Sofware player i.e. set to 16/44.1 or 24/96 etc.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #55,168 of 62,469
AptX adaptive and Aptx lossless are not the same... :wink:
They aren't the same in terms of quality but Aptx Lossless is built off Aptx Adaptive. Look at this pic. My Denon and Nura app before would show Aptx Adaptive HQ 44.1k to notify me that Aptx Lossless is enabled

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230809-211051_Headphones (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230809-211051_Headphones (1).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
Aug 10, 2023 at 3:28 PM Post #55,170 of 62,469
Was listening to a very quiet classical piece today that started with a somber cello. Using the Svanar Wireless, while cooking lunch showed why I will always have a great all-rounder ANC TWS available.

The background sounds just ruined the song, my only option was to crank up the volume to drown out the noise. For this type of music I prefer low volume listening but also need a relatively quiet noise floor. I switched to the AZ80 then went about lunch prep, happily enjoying my music.

Just shows how even now there is no one TWS that covers all the bases. I am not sure if we will ever see one TWS to rule them all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back