Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jul 17, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #54,331 of 62,776
So, all you lucky Svanar owners out there, have you concluded yet? Are they that much better than the ZE8000's and Mystiques' of the world?

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #54,332 of 62,776
Yeah, unfortunately Zenfone 10 misses the mark on why I would be getting a new phone most of all. No telephoto zoom means it's dead on arrival for me. Currently have the Motorola razr 40 ultra which I have to say is already a compact phone.

But the camera quality is potato if you zoom in anything further than 2x basically... Sure, the Zenfone 10 might be better because of that higher megapixel count, but yeah. If it had a Periscope zoom camera I'd buy it in a heartbeat, because I do love my compact flagships.
Then I guess your only real option is the Xperia 1? 😁

Jul 17, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #54,333 of 62,776
So, all you lucky Svanar owners out there, have you concluded yet? Are they that much better than the ZE8000's and Mystiques' of the world?
Couldn't conclude much as I returned them 7-8 days after receiving them. They are the best sounding TWS I heard by far but had issues when using them with LDAC with a top specs phone.

Jul 17, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #54,334 of 62,776
Yeah, unfortunately Zenfone 10 misses the mark on why I would be getting a new phone most of all. No telephoto zoom means it's dead on arrival for me. Currently have the Motorola razr 40 ultra which I have to say is already a compact phone.

But the camera quality is potato if you zoom in anything further than 2x basically... Sure, the Zenfone 10 might be better because of that higher megapixel count, but yeah. If it had a Periscope zoom camera I'd buy it in a heartbeat, because I do love my compact flagships.

This. Plus, only USB 2.0 and no video out over USB-C. Otherwise, great phone.

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #54,335 of 62,776
Not trying to go off-topic, but I had a phone question. My pixel 3 is starting to fall apart after 4 years of use (battery requiring too much re-charging). What phone would you all recommend I replace it with? Iphone is off the table and so is anything like that Samsung fold which costs a grand lol. I need something good for tws usage. I use t-mobile and wifi when usually at home.

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:53 PM Post #54,336 of 62,776
Not trying to go off-topic, but I had a phone question. My pixel 3 is starting to fall apart after 4 years of use (battery requiring too much re-charging). What phone would you all recommend I replace it with? Iphone is off the table and so is anything like that Samsung fold which costs a grand lol. I need something good for tws usage. I use t-mobile and wifi when usually at home.
I bought a Moto RAZR+ unlocked and can't seem to put it down. Pixel Fold on order. I'm an iPhone guy but now a days that stays home or in a bag while at work. T-mobile here as well...

Jul 17, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #54,337 of 62,776
Would recommend the RoG Phone 7. Currently the best audio player for a phone

Jul 17, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #54,338 of 62,776

Actually for a few years now, since I found Galaxy Z Fold 2 perfectly stable with almost all my LDAC devices => I can't find any better smartphone than my actual Z Fold 4 with 1TB internal memory, though I would still like in the future a photo sensor at the same level as my small compact APSC Canon M6-II.

Jul 17, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #54,339 of 62,776
Actually for a few years now, since I found Galaxy Z Fold 2 perfectly stable with almost all my LDAC devices => I can't find any better smartphone than my actual Z Fold 4 with 1TB internal memory, though I would still like in the future a photo sensor at the same level as my small compact APSC Canon M6-II.
We're talking about a phone for TWS usage which the RoG 7 is unmatched. All my LDAC TWS can reach a full 32bit/96khz at 990kbps with no cutout. Only exception was the Svanar Wireless and the manufacturer warns of instability using LDAC in "Electromagnetic Environment"
Plus the built in DIRAC player amplifies the sound on my TWS

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #54,340 of 62,776
I bought a Moto RAZR+ unlocked and can't seem to put it down. Pixel Fold on order. I'm an iPhone guy but now a days that stays home or in a bag while at work. T-mobile here as well...
Moto all the way, it is such a difference to travel and not carry a massive phone plus is super functional between the two screens

16896279251257523257325687993191.jpg

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #54,341 of 62,776
These days I mostly use a Samsung S22+ (main phone) and Pixel 7 Pro. Mostly use the Pixel for music and have not had issues with LDAC or aptX HD (no aptX adaptive unfortunately). Senn MTW3s unfortunately only connect via aptX but still sound fine to me and have no connectivity issues with either phone. I try not to pay too much attention to codes anymore (I do have a LG V60 that is capable of aptX adaptive but that mostly stays home these days). T-Mobile here too.

In my opinion, the Pixel 7 Pro is much better than my old Pixel 6, which was awful and I got rid of within a few months. Think a new one may be coming out soon too.

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #54,342 of 62,776
Moto all the way, it is such a difference to travel and not carry a massive phone plus is super functional between the two screens

16896279251257523257325687993191.jpg
It's an amazing little phone. Totally agree. Couldn't find a case I loved so I cut my own vinyl carbon fiber skin for the back, slapped a cheap screen protector on and goin' for it. 🤞

Jul 17, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #54,344 of 62,776
Razr looks nice, but costs a grand. The folding ability is nice which seems to cost a premium - I don't need it if it saves some money.

Hmm, seems to go for over a grand. Too expensive for me.

These days I mostly use a Samsung S22+ (main phone) and Pixel 7 Pro. Mostly use the Pixel for music and have not had issues with LDAC or aptX HD (no aptX adaptive unfortunately). Senn MTW3s unfortunately only connect via aptX but still sound fine to me and have no connectivity issues with either phone. I try not to pay too much attention to codes anymore (I do have a LG V60 that is capable of aptX adaptive but that mostly stays home these days). T-Mobile here too.

In my opinion, the Pixel 7 Pro is much better than my old Pixel 6, which was awful and I got rid of within a few months. Think a new one may be coming out soon too.
Samsung only allows their own sound codec, right? No aptx or LDAC? I would say Pixel 7 is still an option (non-pro version ofc).

Jul 17, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #54,345 of 62,776

Attachments

• IMG_6455.jpeg
    IMG_6455.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6456.jpeg
    IMG_6456.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back