Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 4, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #50,776 of 63,208
Agreed. I say this all the time, codecs never matter to me. If the tuning sucks, it sucks. My Mystiques sound incredible with my iPhone. So do my Andromeda and Clairvoyance. But that's just me, some folks here are always chasing those high end codecs and tech specs. Even my Drops sound great.
Agree. I tend to get caught up in it sometimes too but mostly because I am a geek who likes the tech even if it doesn’t matter. I feel better with my bt dongle despite the fact I probably couldn’t pick it out in an AB.

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #50,777 of 63,208
So as I wait for my Enco X2 to be shipped in third try, I decided with a great trade in to order the newest galaxy s23 ultra.

Got a great trade in and includes a set of Buds 2 pro.

So might keep or sell if anyone is looking.
Trade in deals last year were much better. Decided to wait for September when the new Fold and Bud's come out. The S series are great in particular as they have the pen

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #50,779 of 63,208
For me LDAC has been terrible on every phone I've owned (especially with the few True Wireless that supports LDAC), I've always prefered Aptx HD and now lately Adaptive.

https://www.soundguys.com/ldac-ultimate-bluetooth-guide-20026/

Not sure how much credibility does guys have tho! :)
Yep, it's all about marketing hype.... I'm just trying to find TWS or IEM's that I can live with fit wise!!! None, and I mean none don't start bothering me a some point, with some earlier that others...
90% of the time it's overear's.

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #50,781 of 63,208
I just picked up the Noble mystiques. First couple of listens sounded pretty good, however now there seems to be an I’m a volume imbalance. The left earphone is at a lower volume and seems a bit distorted. This seemed to have happened before as well but unpairing and repairing seemed to fix it. Tried on both my i basso 320 and iPad. Anyone else experience this. Maybe I changed the volume on just one - sometimes only one connects.

Feb 4, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #50,782 of 63,208
I just picked up the Noble mystiques. First couple of listens sounded pretty good, however now there seems to be an I’m a volume imbalance. The left earphone is at a lower volume and seems a bit distorted. This seemed to have happened before as well but unpairing and repairing seemed to fix it. Tried on both my i basso 320 and iPad. Anyone else experience this. Maybe I changed the volume on just one - sometimes only one connects.
Did you update the firmware? Should be one ready to go in the app. 0.0.5

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #50,783 of 63,208
My guess is components, drivers and tuning offer better improvements than codecs.

Same here. I did an experiment in which I tuned the QCY HT05 (AAC) and Soundpeats Capsule 3 Pro (LDAC) to very similar sound signatures via in-device EQs.

Result: SQ turned out pretty much on par. If anything, the QCYs sounded even a tad better than the Soundpeats. Importance of codecs tends to be overrated.

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #50,785 of 63,208
@clerkpalmer

I also said our "secret sauce is......"

If I explained what the secret sauce is, then it isn't a secret any longer. But mostly it is a business gamble. We use quality parts = better sq = higher production costs = higher retail costs = but willing to accept lower margins in order to increase sales and move inventory
we are a small company, chipping at the edges, Willing to do things that the big companies are not & being grateful for the market share we have. This formula has kept us alive for a decade.
It’s working! I’ve gone from the FoKus Pro to the Kublai Khan… I’m thinking the next step is to get the TOTL Noble and finally get my first pair of customs.

But I’ve never gone through the process of having impressions taken. @FullCircle do you guys do impressions at shows or at one if your locations? If not, do you have a list of recommended places to get them done? I hate to go to a random audiologist and have them do it wrong and not have the IEMs fit right

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #50,787 of 63,208
Tried connecting to my phone. I do have the current firmware. Worked for about 5 minutes and then the left side dropped in volume. When i put them in the case left bud light blinks. Right is solid. Can’t find any info via google.
Try a factory reset? Put the buds in the case, hold that button in the case down for I'm not sure how long. 10-20 secs. If that doesn't help, email Noble. They've always receptive.

Feb 4, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #50,790 of 63,208
It’s working! I’ve gone from the FoKus Pro to the Kublai Khan… I’m thinking the next step is to get the TOTL Noble and finally get my first pair of customs.

But I’ve never gone through the process of having impressions taken. @FullCircle do you guys do impressions at shows or at one if your locations? If not, do you have a list of recommended places to get them done? I hate to go to a random audiologist and have them do it wrong and not have the IEMs fit right
You're crazy. The chase never ends huh?

What are you chasing that the Kublais don't give you? Or is it just the custom impressions? I actually wouldn't mind one either, now that I've tried the universal fit.

However I've read as many comparisons as there are of the Kublais vs the Sultan or Ragnar, I get the impression the KK offers better sq for what I use them for. With the others being better in some areas but not the ones I prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back