Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 26, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #48,992 of 62,361
Yes, I think a couple of Asus phones and a Samsung support it at the moment and that is it. It should take off next year with all the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 phones supporting AptX lossless next year, maybe.

If I add the Pro to my cart I get this, but it's a pre-order and I don't believe the free audio transmitter supports Lossless either.

1669448744719.png
Just wait for the gen 2, they will include the ll and snapdragon sound.

Nov 26, 2022 at 6:09 AM Post #48,993 of 62,361
Hadn't seen anything new on the Nuarl site for a while despite word back in March of new products on the horizon. Realised my mistake was changing to the English version of the web page. If I translate the JP version I got this

Screenshot_2022-11-25-14-29-02-68_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

And then today this
1669460796232.png

Looking classy as all hell as can be expected from this brand. Price point looks high but with a new driver design and LDAC (Still not sure if I prefer this over aptx) this will eventually be an 'buy' for me
1669460880550.png

https://nuarl.com/en/next1/

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2022 at 11:01 AM Post #48,995 of 62,361
Thanks for your thoughts @dweaver , I ordered the LP3 on next day as I'm still lost for ideas, just unboxed them now and me and them really don't get on :frowning2: The fit even on the biggest wings mean they just fall out vs my LP2, and they only go upto half the volume of the LP2 too. I held them in place with my LP2 and A/B'd them and I can't hear a difference, maybe maybe a little extra clarity, but not an upgrade for me sadly, so I've boxed them back up and they're going back.
So now I'm back to square one, but I am now considering your suggestion re getting a standard set of IEMs with mmcx and pairing them up with the TW2 connector from Shure. Any suggestions in budget? I need to have a good trawl of the threads for the best under 500 dollars. Blessing 2?
Argh

Nov 26, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #48,996 of 62,361
@Mors I went Fiio all the way on my setup FH5 and UTWS5 and love that combo. I got the FH5 at a bit of a discount so it cost me about $500CAD all together.

I am not very up to date on IEM models and brands these days so can't offer a lot of help unfortunately.

I know some members here prefer to FH3 over the FH5 and lots like IEMs like the Blessing and Starfield (might have that name wrong).

I went UTWS5 but the Shure BT adapter might be more refined for features and functionality.

You might also want to try the Fiio FW5 if your willing to take a risk. It's brand new though with no reviews yet and has to be ordered from AlieExpress. I am thinking it might end up being a great TWS as it looks to be based on the FH3 for drivers. I personally don't like the mess of ordering from over seas so am waiting until it's more commercially available.

Nov 27, 2022 at 2:09 AM Post #48,999 of 62,361
Why are the Soundcore Liberty 4 unavailable in other countries?

They seem intriguing but just not available outside of the US. They also are not being talked about aside from all the early sample reviews.

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #49,000 of 62,361
Why are the Soundcore Liberty 4 unavailable in other countries?

They seem intriguing but just not available outside of the US. They also are not being talked about aside from all the early sample reviews.

Yep. Also waiting for it to be available where I am currently.

Nov 27, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #49,001 of 62,361
Yep, same here... Trying to figure out why they haven't made the L4 available anywhere else.

Think i read somewhere about difficulties getting enough components for them so they're prioritizing the American market first, but might not be true and I don't remember where I read that even.

Nov 27, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #49,002 of 62,361
Here in the UK Anker were offering a crazy deal - Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro (white) + Liberty Air 2 Pro (Pink) for £89.99. I bit, even though I had the L3P on release and wasn't keen I thought I'd give them another go and sell the LA2P, for which I can probably get £39.99, meaning £50 for the L3P.

It's a real problem biting at these older chipset earbud deals, because you get used to stable LDAC, LDAC + Multipoint and decent battery life, none of which the L3P have. Soundpeats Air 3 Deluxe HS (after firmware update) are far more stable, far less impacted by LDAC on battery life too. Sound is pretty good, and the default sound signature is far more palatable than when they were released but the bass is still pretty overwhelming. Also, is it me or is the case incredibly counter-intuitive when it comes to removing the buds?!

Nov 27, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #49,003 of 62,361
I received SoundPeats’s Air 3 Deluxe HS (their naming is terrible. Confusing consumers across their line up. I will just put it as Air3DHS)

-LDAC TWS, with no ANC, open earbuds
-Goes around $40USD not bad.

-connection on LDAC get cut every 5min, hmm. Probably some interference. Don’t put iphone in between TWS and DAP, this could cause the interference.

-In order to EQ, you will need soundpeats app which requires and asking to validate your email address thru pin code🤔 A bit scary

-Sound is pretty good, can be used as AirPods Pro substitutes. Warm neutral default tuning and EQ can adjust it from sub-bass to 5.5khz.

-top end feels a bit constrained, but resolution is higher than I expected from $40 TWS

-being an open-end earbuds, you can hear your surrounding, a great choice for the needs that you have to pay attention for what’s going on around your

-the wide & accurate sound stage as you can expect from earbuds style, Soundpeats must have got a genius engineer figuring out, loudness status into a very linear and coherent phasing

-being an open-end earbuds, I’d generally won’t expect any sub-bass existence, not for this Air3DHS, there is sizable sub-bass, which would satisfy most of listeners. I EQ’d a sub-bass lift setting with 1db lift for 2.4khz and 3.5khz section for a bit more upper mid clarity for my preference. Which makes this TWS a very welcoming one to put on. It’s light as Airpods Pro, this helps for wearing it for long time or running.

-touch sensor may need some improvement though…too sensitive. At least Soundpeats could have users to set what a single tap could do, which I generally set to nothing to prevent unintended touch. (Nvm, the app had “disable 1 tap” checkbox.)

-imaging, image positioning coherence is the best sales point, with the low latency gaming mode, I guess this works as a great tool for FPS, and music game.
Pretty much identical to my experience with them, although updating the firmware seems to have resolved the glitches. They play much nicer with my Xiaomi 11T Pro than my Google Pixel 6A (although that's the case for every earbud pretty much)

Nov 27, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #49,004 of 62,361
Hey guys! What are some of the wireless IEMs with more towards neutral/flat/unbiased sound (without a significant emphasis on bass, as most IEMs, and without neglecting mids - no significant V shape) available on the market for under $150? Ideally, with the LDAC support, or at least some aptX is ok.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back