Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 25, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #48,977 of 62,329
I received SoundPeats’s Air 3 Deluxe HS (their naming is terrible. Confusing consumers across their line up. I will just put it as Air3DHS)

-LDAC TWS, with no ANC, open earbuds
-Goes around $40USD not bad.

-connection on LDAC get cut every 5min, hmm. Probably some interference. Don’t put iphone in between TWS and DAP, this could cause the interference.

-In order to EQ, you will need soundpeats app which requires and asking to validate your email address thru pin code🤔 A bit scary

-Sound is pretty good, can be used as AirPods Pro substitutes. Warm neutral default tuning and EQ can adjust it from sub-bass to 5.5khz.

-top end feels a bit constrained, but resolution is higher than I expected from $40 TWS

-being an open-end earbuds, you can hear your surrounding, a great choice for the needs that you have to pay attention for what’s going on around your

-the wide & accurate sound stage as you can expect from earbuds style, Soundpeats must have got a genius engineer figuring out, loudness status into a very linear and coherent phasing

-being an open-end earbuds, I’d generally won’t expect any sub-bass existence, not for this Air3DHS, there is sizable sub-bass, which would satisfy most of listeners. I EQ’d a sub-bass lift setting with 1db lift for 2.4khz and 3.5khz section for a bit more upper mid clarity for my preference. Which makes this TWS a very welcoming one to put on. It’s light as Airpods Pro, this helps for wearing it for long time or running.

-touch sensor may need some improvement though…too sensitive. At least Soundpeats could have users to set what a single tap could do, which I generally set to nothing to prevent unintended touch. (Nvm, the app had “disable 1 tap” checkbox.)

-imaging, image positioning coherence is the best sales point, with the low latency gaming mode, I guess this works as a great tool for FPS, and music game.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2022 at 8:36 PM Post #48,978 of 62,329
I'm looking to buy my first TWS mainly to use in the gym/exercise. I'm looking at the 1more evo, Oppo enco x2, Final ZE3000, Sennheiser sport, Jabra elite 7. I'm wondering how these compare size and confort wise. I don't have a clue about ANC, since i never tried it, but it is not a priority.

Nov 25, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #48,979 of 62,329
I have seen the Linkbuds S in sale for $170CAD at BB and I think Amazon. I own them and the A40. Let me test when I get home but pretty sure the S is better for ANC. But the A40 AS GOOD OR BETTER musically depending on preference and have killer battery life.

Bang for the buck the A40 are a heck of a deal especially if on sale.

Just looked and the A40 is on sale for $90 on Amazon Canada. At close to half the cost unless ANC is your highest priority I would say go A40... I love my Linkbuds S as my 500+ hours testifies to but unless your willing to commit using all of the features of their AI for managing ANC, no ANC, and ambient mode automatically for you they are hard to justify in comparison to other products like the A40.
How does the A40 compare to the LP3?

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #48,980 of 62,329
I actually like the L3P more signature wise. It has a bigger more articulate bass and being an old dude I like the treble clarity. But the L3P is definitely sharper for treble so not everyone will like that aspect.

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #48,982 of 62,329
I'm looking to buy my first TWS mainly to use in the gym/exercise. I'm looking at the 1more evo, Oppo enco x2, Final ZE3000, Sennheiser sport, Jabra elite 7. I'm wondering how these compare size and confort wise. I don't have a clue about ANC, since i never tried it, but it is not a priority.
I have some of TWS, and based on my experience when you sweat, the open earbuds type (like the ones of earpod of apple) feels better because it’s open and ventilated. But down side is it’s semi-open, so you can hear the noise.

I’m currently using airpods pro for gyms, it’s light and doesn’t fall of while your treadmill exercises. Also the TWS with long nose that needed to be inserted deep into your ear canal, to me while exercising, is uncomfortable. So you may want to look for a shallow insert type (air pods pro is considered shallow insert). Also for stability, you may avoid a bean shaped ones, it may fall off.

Nov 25, 2022 at 10:52 PM Post #48,983 of 62,329
I actually like the L3P more signature wise. It has a bigger more articulate bass and being an old dude I like the treble clarity. But the L3P is definitely sharper for treble so not everyone will like that aspect.
I'm not sure if LDAC mode is actually causing an EQ shift or if it is baked into the codec implemantation, but these become razor sharp with LDAC enabled and warmer with it disabled. I've also read some users claiming this only holds true if you have an older Android device like the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9 and changes if you change the bit depth/samplle rate while using LDAC - I tried doing this on my Note 9but end up with no sound at all!

I also find my newer purple L3P sounds a tad smoother in the highs than my older silver unit. I'm not sure if this is due to cleaning the nozzles with an air duster at some point, different eartips (the purple unit's eartips seem more sturdy and don't flip back when I yank them out of my ears) or if it is actually down to nnit variation.

I just received the Linkbuds S, they seem fairly respectable but I agree they are dark/warm - soundstage seems deep but not too wide.

Nov 25, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #48,985 of 62,329
LDAC can certainly affect things and not always for the better. One thing I have noticed lately is I can't adjust the settings in developer mode like I used to. Maybe an OS update is changing what's allowed not sure. But not always the easiest codec to manage.

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #48,986 of 62,329
Not sure if it's on sale or not, but I've now spent about 24 hours with the nuratrue pro and I thought I'd share my findings;

The fitting process takes a while in the app, but it makes a truly solid difference. I haven't even touched the EQ settings, but I'm not sure I want to. I just adjust the bass every now and then and I'm set. The sound on these are wonderful, and I can only imagine how much better they would be with a phone chipset to actually take advantage of the lossless and cd-quality.

Comfort is largely here, and I think it's a good balance between "it isn't coming loose" and "is there anything there?". Could be better, could be worse, currently very solid.

Plenty of touch controls, all customizable. 4 options per bud as of writing this, and I'm largely set (though may need to tweak some settings in order to actually hang up).

Latency was a minor hiccup, but I was advised to just...turn aptx on and off again, and now everything is running smoothly as near as I can tell.

I'm told the mic isn't stellar, but does work decently (described as lacking some depth) and gets the job done.

These look pretty awesome to me, but I also loved my old satellite dishes (Microsoft surface buds) to death; essentially, take this with a grain of salt.

Battery life has caused no issues, with or without anc.

ANC is......could be better, could be worse. These make me feel a bit underwater when there's no music with anc, but that's relatively alleviated when I resume. Don't know if this can be fixed or if it's improper vents.

Passthrough is average. I hear myself, I hear others, but I'm no Superman and music isn't as great as it is with the linkbuds s.

This is, to me, an excellent attempt at a do-everything pair of earbuds, and I'd definitely consider giving them a shot.

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:25 AM Post #48,987 of 62,329
Not sure if it's on sale or not, but I've now spent about 24 hours with the nuratrue pro and I thought I'd share my findings;

The fitting process takes a while in the app, but it makes a truly solid difference. I haven't even touched the EQ settings, but I'm not sure I want to. I just adjust the bass every now and then and I'm set. The sound on these are wonderful, and I can only imagine how much better they would be with a phone chipset to actually take advantage of the lossless and cd-quality.

Comfort is largely here, and I think it's a good balance between "it isn't coming loose" and "is there anything there?". Could be better, could be worse, currently very solid.

Plenty of touch controls, all customizable. 4 options per bud as of writing this, and I'm largely set (though may need to tweak some settings in order to actually hang up).

Latency was a minor hiccup, but I was advised to just...turn aptx on and off again, and now everything is running smoothly as near as I can tell.

I'm told the mic isn't stellar, but does work decently (described as lacking some depth) and gets the job done.

These look pretty awesome to me, but I also loved my old satellite dishes (Microsoft surface buds) to death; essentially, take this with a grain of salt.

Battery life has caused no issues, with or without anc.

ANC is......could be better, could be worse. These make me feel a bit underwater when there's no music with anc, but that's relatively alleviated when I resume. Don't know if this can be fixed or if it's improper vents.

Passthrough is average. I hear myself, I hear others, but I'm no Superman and music isn't as great as it is with the linkbuds s.

This is, to me, an excellent attempt at a do-everything pair of earbuds, and I'd definitely consider giving them a shot.
It comes with a "free" Bluetooth transmitter at the moment I believe.

Have you tested Aptx-Lossless yet? If so is it noticeably better than the normal Aptx?

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:35 AM Post #48,988 of 62,329
It comes with a "free" Bluetooth transmitter at the moment I believe.

Have you tested Aptx-Lossless yet? If so is it noticeably better than the normal Aptx?
I sadly do not have a phone capable of using lossless; I believe it's only a handful at the moment, and I think they all have to be at least snapdragon gen 1 to have the possibility of getting the upgrade for it but I may be wrong.

Is it free for just plain purchasing, or only for kickstarters? I'd be curious to try this.

Nov 26, 2022 at 2:48 AM Post #48,989 of 62,329
I sadly do not have a phone capable of using lossless; I believe it's only a handful at the moment, and I think they all have to be at least snapdragon gen 1 to have the possibility of getting the upgrade for it but I may be wrong.

Is it free for just plain purchasing, or only for kickstarters? I'd be curious to try this.
Yes, I think a couple of Asus phones and a Samsung support it at the moment and that is it. It should take off next year with all the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 phones supporting AptX lossless next year, maybe.

If I add the Pro to my cart I get this, but it's a pre-order and I don't believe the free audio transmitter supports Lossless either.

1669448744719.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back