Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 23, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #48,949 of 62,351
Glidic TW-5200. Pretty impressed so far. Well done design. Canal Works knows their business so the housing shape is great and fit well and can give good isolation and are sleepable. Small details like...
1669242689700.png

This case size and they take Sedna Earfits(not the short ones) just fine.
1669242782263.png

driver nicely vented front and behind it. Front vent with a channel so it won't be blocked even if something goes against the housing. Like Yamaha was doing something similar just not as good as here. Notice the front of the bore is a thick ring...
1669242963537.png

...just not on both sides. No pressure issues and the drivers breathe just fine and the bass is tight and moves some air for some feel and the sound is quite balanced. Mic hole there on the bottom and one on top. Tested out basketball bouncing doesn't sound off like an echo say with some JVC and Jabra. Ambient is really clean so I am happy. Just doesn't pull in my voice to hear it more from outside than inside so you hear the ear plugged thing for your own voice but otherwise very natural so not unhappy even vs. the Kenwood which has the best ambient. A small amount of hiss on ambient when in a quiet area but not really noticeable when outside at the park or at the store shopping.
1669243314683.png

LED is cool looking and placed to the rear so less bothersome than side or front for bedroom in the dark listening.
1669243409373.png

Quality black coated metal screen with hexagon pattern and larger holes on the corners. I'm sure this helps them sound better than something like AT or JVC uses.

These Glidic have passed all my tests so far. Pressing the button under a winter hat. Fit and stability for sports. Wind noise with ANC and ambient on. The stock tips make them sound right and good. Perhaps the best match for stock tips I have come across. Not the absolute best ones for sound but almost plus good and thick so it helps with ANC. Issue is they are for Japan so the tips are less bulbous and more narrow as they taper to the front and you get XXS, XS, S, M, L. Not a knock as they are catering for home crowd in Japan.

Even though a Japan model the voice prompts are in English. Lady has less of an accent actually than other Japanese models. "Ambient" "Ambient off" "ANC" "Low Latency mode" "Preset 1" "Preset 2" are what she says the rest is tones or silent like for volume, play/pause, and track change.

I'm still tip rolling and haven't settled on one just yet. I mean most of us had plenty so it'll take a while:ksc75smile:. Philips tips get the best sound so far but a bit thinner so ANC is a smidge less. ANC is decent. I want to dial it in with the tips. Improvement on the Kenwood a bit but those do fit so shallow. I have been using L tips so the Glidic stick out more but the tips seal well. I need to see if the housing will help more closer in with M size tips. No real pressure in the ears from the ANC and the bass is a bit thicker with it on. The sound is only slightly altered but a smidge of thickness perhaps countered with a brighter EQ to restore any perceived loss of clarity.

The earphones work just fine with no missteps. Buttons do everything and with zero accidents. As a $100 earphone I think they sound really good. Just need to compare to some other things. Maybe the lowest the bass reach is a bit less than pricier models and the mids could be pushed forward a smidge more to be ideal for me but no other issues. Tight and quick bass with the right amount and treble is not lacking. Slight V with good detail. Not like some AT, JVC, or the Victor FX100T where the treble is a bit too polite these have a good balance with bass and treble and good detail and both ends are lively quick and fun. Good depth to the sound and a decent size stage. Bass boost is nicely done and good to have. Say, on a DAP where flat which gives more volume since the EQ cuts to prevent clipping and the BB does a nice job. Need to do some comparisons but I feel like buying this instead of the FX150T was the right choice all things considered.

Okay so I did a real quick comparison on my clip player vs. the Kenwoodwhich is fair since SBC only for both. Ambient is quite good but not as good, ANC is indeed a bit better. Sound is more balanced and a bit brighter. Sounds more like the Kenwood signature with the bass boost on. Could actually be more fun and holds it own SBC vs. SBC on my clip player. $99 vs $95 at the prices I bought each and each was a good deal. Still pretty impressed since they are well done and comparing finally I thought perhaps a little new-toy-syndrome might be in play and they could be knocked down a peg. Legit solid with a great design, best control layout, enough features that work well enough and the SQ and tuning are very good. I went in blind on the ANC/ambient/SQ performance mostly for the like of the design, looks, and control set up but the gamble paid off on this one. Repeating from earlier...this instead of the FX150T was probably the right choice for me.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #48,950 of 62,351
I noticed the Fokus Pro are sold out. I also received an email from Noble back in august about microphone placement

“We do have a new version of the FoKus in the works that will have improved call quality with the microphone located on the faceplate, but it will not be ready for retail sale until October or November.”

Wonder if that’s ready to go

I saw the FoKus Pro were listed as "sold out".

Now it says, "ON BACK ORDER. SHIPPING EXPECTED DEC 5th 2022"

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #48,951 of 62,351
Galaxy buds pro 2 is $125 on amazon for anyone in the US. Just saw it this morning. Bought a pair

What would be some good alternatives that are better than these? Call quality is also a necessity for me. Flexible budget

Do you have the sale link? The cheapest I see is $199, and some international versions for $165.
Maybe the deal is gone...

EDIT: I would say the EX is a significant step up from the GBP2.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #48,952 of 62,351
Hi all, I'm posting in this thread looking for some buying help, I posted in the help forum but had no joy.

I'm currently using the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 daily, and enjoy them, but I'm tempted to treat myself to something new on BF.
In recent times I've been using the:
Soundcore LP2
Sony WH1000XM2
Sennheiser IE8

So that's the sort of sound signature I like.

What would be a good replacement/upgrade for my LP2? That's a wireless IEM. Is there anything new around? I'd say my Max budget would be 500-600dollars.

I looked at the LP3 but they don't really seem like much of an upgrade? I bought and returned the Sennheiser Momentum TW3 recently, but really didn't like them and found the fit awful, it was a toss up between those and the Sony wf-1000xm4, and the Sennheiser seemed to be reviewed much better than the Sony so I've not gone there.

I've not had Shure's in a long long time (although I did love them, but my IE8's were better), should I be looking at the Aonic 4 or 5?

Any help appreciated

Nov 24, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #48,954 of 62,351
Hi all, I'm posting in this thread looking for some buying help, I posted in the help forum but had no joy.

I'm currently using the Soundcore Liberty Pro 2 daily, and enjoy them, but I'm tempted to treat myself to something new on BF.
In recent times I've been using the:
Soundcore LP2
Sony WH1000XM2
Sennheiser IE8

So that's the sort of sound signature I like.

What would be a good replacement/upgrade for my LP2? That's a wireless IEM. Is there anything new around? I'd say my Max budget would be 500-600dollars.

I looked at the LP3 but they don't really seem like much of an upgrade? I bought and returned the Sennheiser Momentum TW3 recently, but really didn't like them and found the fit awful, it was a toss up between those and the Sony wf-1000xm4, and the Sennheiser seemed to be reviewed much better than the Sony so I've not gone there.

I've not had Shure's in a long long time (although I did love them, but my IE8's were better), should I be looking at the Aonic 4 or 5?

Any help appreciated
I had the L2P and bought the L3P and like it more. It's smaller and has good sound in my opinion.

The Shure Aonic 4 and 5, are these wired models that can come with the Shure BT adapter? If so the 5 looks be a replacement for the old 535 model. So if you love the Shure BA sound it will be good. But if you prefer a dynamic driver sound it may not suite your needs especially compared to the IE8.

If you do want a TW adapter you could go the Shure 215 with BT adapter route and then just switch to your favorite MMCX IEM as a replacement for the driver.

Nov 24, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #48,955 of 62,351
Man I hope Technics will release a new TWS soon, really hope at CES in January! They're one of few companies that let you fully customize the controllers along with pause music when enabling ambient.

I'd love a AZ60 V2 with:

* LE Audio
*Improved ANC/Transparency
*Improved SQ
*Improved comfort (even tho they were very comfortable)
*Wireless Charging

Id also want UV light in the case like LG/TWX9, the earbuds were so much easier to clean.

That TWS would have the potentional to be one that I keep until the battery becomes unbearable. xD

Another OEM I'd like to realease a new product is ofc Cambridge Audio, to this day its prob the best soudning TWS that I've tried (I guess mostly thanks to their own amplification). But maybe the experience with the Melomania Touch has scared them away from this market for good ^^

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #48,957 of 62,351
Id also want UV light in the case like LG/TWX9, the earbuds were so much easier to clean
I've been curious about this feature. It sounded like a gimmick to capitalize on people's fear of germs. As if you could catch corona through your ear holes. But you're saying they make cleaning in general easier?

Nov 24, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #48,958 of 62,351
I've been curious about this feature. It sounded like a gimmick to capitalize on people's fear of germs. As if you could catch corona through your ear holes. But you're saying they make cleaning in general easier?
Yees, the ear wax became easier to remove imo. :)

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #48,959 of 62,351
I've been deciding between the Linkbuds S and Soundcore A40. I really am hoping for better ANC than my Liberty 3 Pro so in that regard Linkbuds S sounds like a better option but is still 170$ CAD.

Galaxy buds pro 2 is $125 on amazon for anyone in the US. Just saw it this morning. Bought a pair

What would be some good alternatives that are better than these? Call quality is also a necessity for me. Flexible budget
Sadly 219$ in Canada is considered the sale price!

Galaxy Buds2 pro, as they don't have any LDAC codec, should be reserved for users with new Samsung smartphones able to handle SSC (24 bits 48khz) to get a rather good Hires music, otherwise, those will be limited to AAC which is not bad but clearly missing some details compared to SSC codec, LDAC or apxt adaptative.
My concern is how well the SSC codec does on an older Samsung device. On my Note 9, the Buds 2 (I no longer have these) and Buds+ suffer from bit crush/throttling where in congested areas (at home on WiFi) the upper frequencies get compressed. The mids and lower frequencies sound clean but it's very annoying and I believe part of it is the Murata chipset of older Samsung phones (newer phones use Broadcom chips as with the earbud chipset).

Samsung only uses Qualcomm for the processor which is likely one reason why they are not supporting AptX HD. It is theoretically possible for them to obtain drivers but this is probably not in the best interest of either party who have been pushing for proprietary codecs and features. It is a real shame for the end consumer who wishes to have all codecs.

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #48,960 of 62,351
I have seen the Linkbuds S in sale for $170CAD at BB and I think Amazon. I own them and the A40. Let me test when I get home but pretty sure the S is better for ANC. But the A40 AS GOOD OR BETTER musically depending on preference and have killer battery life.

Bang for the buck the A40 are a heck of a deal especially if on sale.

Just looked and the A40 is on sale for $90 on Amazon Canada. At close to half the cost unless ANC is your highest priority I would say go A40... I love my Linkbuds S as my 500+ hours testifies to but unless your willing to commit using all of the features of their AI for managing ANC, no ANC, and ambient mode automatically for you they are hard to justify in comparison to other products like the A40.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back