Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 22, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #48,934 of 62,680
Nov 22, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #48,936 of 62,680
You convinced me. Just put my order in for the Galaxy Buds2 Pro. Couldn't resist the trade in offers and it has been a few months since I bought a new TWS. With all the Samsung offers + eBates and PayPal cash back, it was hard to resist the itch to try these out, Trading in one of my old sets of Galaxy Buds Live, which haven't been getting much use lately since I got the Sony Linkbuds for calls so seemed like a no brainer. I also have a Samsung S22+ and Tab S7 FE so I am invested in the Samsung ecosystem. Hopefully these stay in my ears better than my Galaxy Buds2.

What tips are people using for the Galaxy Buds2 Pro?
I actually am using the large Samsung tips on my pair. I have some 360CP that also fit good. Tips are a bit tricky though as the stem is short and has a lip on it so lots of my other tips don't fit. Sony hybrids sort of fit but come off to easy so not recommended.

The good news is the Samsung tips with this model actually fit better than the GBP model which sucked.

Nov 22, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #48,937 of 62,680
So… the new APPGen2 are sooooo much better than the 1st.

They have actual sub-bass, and actually have some resolution and detail. I always felt that the 1st gen really lacked any semblance of resolution and detail. They lacked clarity overall big time to my ears. The new one’s actually have pretty decent clarity.

Nov 22, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #48,938 of 62,680
Oddly enough, I was using the large stock tips. Tried a dozen others and went back to the stock :scream:

I like the AZLA SednaEarfit MAX Standard with them.

I actually am using the large Samsung tips on my pair. I have some 360CP that also fit good. Tips are a bit tricky though as the stem is short and has a lip on it so lots of my other tips don't fit. Sony hybrids sort of fit but come off to easy so not recommended.

The good news is the Samsung tips with this model actually fit better than the GBP model which sucked.
Thanks. Guess I am putting the cart before the horse. Will try the stock first before digging into my box of spare tips or burning more money on unused tips. I actually stuck with the stock tips on the MTW3 as well (my last TWS purchase)...stock tips seem to be getting better. Always a bit worried about the limited room in the case with these Samsung models.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #48,939 of 62,680

I got this email. Something new is coming, I hope!

Black Friday is Coming!​

Noble Audio

Black Friday is around the corner.
Sales start Friday, November 25th. Mark your calendar so you don’t miss out!​

Huge Deals on top sellers!​
Premium IEM's 20% Off!​

Select Prestige sets at 20% Off!​
Noble Audio
109 State Hwy. 110 S.
Whitehouse TX 75791
United States​
© 2022 Noble Audio​
w6x6e9hhncbry6xkh1k7svrc4xko.png

A1020005-1729F67EEF80CA36-18515177

Sorry about the large format. I don't know how to shrink it...

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2022 at 4:45 AM Post #48,941 of 62,680
Good morning, regarding the sound quality, which is the best among these:
galaxy buds 2 pro, technics az60, Sennheiser MTW3? Or others with prices up to 200 euros.... Thank you 😉

Galaxy Buds2 pro, as they don't have any LDAC codec, should be reserved for users with new Samsung smartphones able to handle SSC (24 bits 48khz) to get a rather good Hires music, otherwise, those will be limited to AAC which is not bad but clearly missing some details compared to SSC codec, LDAC or apxt adaptative.

Nov 23, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #48,942 of 62,680

I got this email. Something new is coming, I hope!

Black Friday is Coming!​

Noble Audio
Black Friday is around the corner.
Sales start Friday, November 25th. Mark your calendar so you don’t miss out!​
Huge Deals on top sellers!​
Premium IEM's 20% Off!​
Select Prestige sets at 20% Off!​
Noble Audio
109 State Hwy. 110 S.
Whitehouse TX 75791
United States​
© 2022 Noble Audio​
w6x6e9hhncbry6xkh1k7svrc4xko.png

A1020005-1729F67EEF80CA36-18515177

Sorry about the large format. I don't know how to shrink it...
I noticed the Fokus Pro are sold out. I also received an email from Noble back in august about microphone placement

“We do have a new version of the FoKus in the works that will have improved call quality with the microphone located on the faceplate, but it will not be ready for retail sale until October or November.”

Wonder if that’s ready to go

Nov 23, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #48,943 of 62,680
Good morning, regarding the sound quality, which is the best among these:
galaxy buds 2 pro, technics az60, Sennheiser MTW3? Or others with prices up to 200 euros.... Thank you 😉
I prefer the GB2P over the AZ60. I am a Samsung phone user though so get the Samsung codec support. But I think even using AAC I would still prefer to signature more. But the AZ60 does sound good if you prefer a warmer signature with more mid-bass presence and it has a custom EQ which is missing in the Galaxy app.

Nov 23, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #48,944 of 62,680
Always in search of the next “fix”, I’d like some opinions please. Noble FoKus H-ANC. From some online reviews, these are amazing, like next level amazing. They rank just below the FoKus PROs for sound. My question, that has not been answered, is regarding the app. What’s the functionality like? I’m a tweaker, always trying, for better or worse, to squeeze a little more out of something. I’ve read great app, glitchy app and everything in between.

Nov 23, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #48,945 of 62,680
Always in search of the next “fix”, I’d like some opinions please. Noble FoKus H-ANC. From some online reviews, these are amazing, like next level amazing. They rank just below the FoKus PROs for sound. My question, that has not been answered, is regarding the app. What’s the functionality like? I’m a tweaker, always trying, for better or worse, to squeeze a little more out of something. I’ve read great app, glitchy app and everything in between.
The app is great, not perfect. Both Fokus buds use the app. EQ options, hearing sound test also for custom EQ. I do not think the FHANC is next level. They are great, but the Fokus Pro is still quite a bit better. I prefer the B&O EX and even the Devialet Gemini over the FHANC. The latter doesn't have very good controls for changing ANC and Transparency, unless they had a firmware update to fix that. That said, I don't think I've ever seen a firmware update on a pair of the Noble buds I've ever owned. Also, the ANC and Trans on the FHANC isn't very good. The fit is phenomenal. I sold off my pair. Too many better options in my collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back