Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 5, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #45,031 of 62,555
I have gone back and forth between the two and the EX definitely get louder. Whatever reviewers are saying they're soft, they're out of their minds.

I had that issue with the left one once or twice since I’ve had them. I also think the battery is just a misrepresentation. I noticed that once it hits 40% after say 4 to 5 hours it will jump from 40 to 20. It must be how the number scheme works for them. I’ve seen this on other TWS.

One strange thing just happened to me earlier this evening. I was listening to music with the EX and then suddenly my left earbud dropped in volume and I could hear somebody else talking. Some sort of interference happened with the left bud and I was picking up somebody else’s call. The guy on the other end said “Who is this?” I responded, “Hello?” After going back-and-forth like this a few times, the guy got angry and said “What is your name?” I was like What and I quickly turned off the earbuds.

I haven’t had this happen to me since those old wireless home phones back in the 80s and 90s.
That's an interesting story. It may be worth contacting B&O to ask them about it, and see what they say.

May 6, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #45,034 of 62,555
I have gone back and forth between the two and the EX definitely get louder. Whatever reviewers are saying they're soft, they're out of their minds.

I had that issue with the left one once or twice since I’ve had them. I also think the battery is just a misrepresentation. I noticed that once it hits 40% after say 4 to 5 hours it will jump from 40 to 20. It must be how the number scheme works for them. I’ve seen this on other TWS.

One strange thing just happened to me earlier this evening. I was listening to music with the EX and then suddenly my left earbud dropped in volume and I could hear somebody else talking. Some sort of interference happened with the left bud and I was picking up somebody else’s call. The guy on the other end said “Who is this?” I responded, “Hello?” After going back-and-forth like this a few times, the guy got angry and said “What is your name?” I was like What and I quickly turned off the earbuds.

I haven’t had this happen to me since those old wireless home phones back in the 80s and 90s.
Both disturbing and hilarious at the same time :D

May 6, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #45,035 of 62,555
Both disturbing and hilarious at the same time :D
Yeah, you laugh! My whole house is way too connected so I sure as hell let paranoia for a bit. Big brother, yada yada. Sigh…

May 6, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #45,036 of 62,555

These EX issues are not as bad as EQ issues I had, but kinda annoying at the price these sell for.

That is quite strange to not even be on a call, listening only to music and one of the buds picking up a random phone call!! I don't recall this happening to me, mostly when I am on a call I do hear random person coughing or sometimes talking as if big brother is listening to all my calls which is supposedly illegal. (but we know it is true since Snowden revelations).:eye:

Last edited:
May 6, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #45,037 of 62,555
These EX issues are not as bad as EQ issues I had, but kinda annoying at the price these sell for.

That is quite strange to not even be on a call, listening only to music and one of the buds picking up a random phone call!! I don't recall this happening to me, mostly when I am on a call I do hear random person coughing or sometimes talking as if big brother is listening to all my calls which is supposed illegal. (but we know it is true since Snowden revelations).:eye:
Who knows what the NSA is doing these days, but it seems like that would be something like the device picking up a signal it's not supposed to, rather than a wiretap.

May 6, 2022 at 3:35 AM Post #45,039 of 62,555
Btw, I've been testing the QCY T18 this week. Interesting thing about these is that they are the first to use the QCC3050 chip, which not only supports multipoint and AptX adaptive 96k, but also supports aptX voice on Snapdragon 865+ phones, doubling the bandwidth available for calls.

Which is all well and good on paper, but in implementation, unless I've got a duff pair, they're utter crap. Bass distorts the moment you nudge it up in wavelet, it crackles in Audible unless you select 96k which is a real ballache as you can't do it in the app like you can with Edifier. I have an 865 phone and the calls are crap, no better than any average set of earbuds and some way short of Edifier NeoBuds or OnePlus Buds Pro, and no obvious way of knowing aptX voice is actually being used.

The only saving grace is the multipoint is flawless!

In fact, they're so bad I'm going to have to buy another set through Amazon and just send them back if they do the same. Both sets at this rate!

May 6, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #45,040 of 62,555
I will for sure have some extra money in July to buy some new earbuds, anything new fun expected to drop before then? Might buy something else than earbuds but... there's always this itch to upgrade or just try something new.

If nothing new has come out I think I'm going to try the Shure TW2 adapters or Fiio UTWS3 and some IEM, but I'm undecided as of now...

May 6, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #45,041 of 62,555
I will for sure have some extra money in July to buy some new earbuds, anything new fun expected to drop before then? Might buy something else than earbuds but... there's always this itch to upgrade or just try something new.

If nothing new has come out I think I'm going to try the Shure TW2 adapters or Fiio UTWS3 and some IEM, but I'm undecided as of now...
That combo should give you the best wireless audio quality. I wonder when Shure will release the TW3.

May 6, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #45,044 of 62,555
I'd need to demo the EX to see if its really that much better, won't buy it blind.
Don't blame you... They are selling these for just waaay too much to blind buy, if of course that amount means something to you or if that type of money is just pocket change. Lol. It means something to me so... I'll wait for some of the audiophile sites to review these. I try to wait for hype to die down on stuff, unless of course curiosity gets the better of me.

May 6, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #45,045 of 62,555
My Fokus Pros arrived yesterday.
Finish and comfort are great. Sound signature, clarity and timbre very impressive for a TWS IEM (far superior to XM4 in that regard). They go very loud compared to other wireless sets I've tried.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back