Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 5, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #45,001 of 62,436
I know I have big ears, so they're not big to me at all. They fit great. That said, I think they just adapted the E8 3gen bud and molded the hard plastic portion around the bud. I don't think there is a DAC or amp in there like the B&W PI7. But everyone knows, with B&O, you pay a premium. I don't mind that premium, but there are tons of other options that are a better value to some. All the above said, the B&O EX fit me way better than the EQ. It's like wearing nothing at all. Hey now.

Internal-Photos-5089024
Interesting to know. Great find on those photos also!

May 5, 2022 at 6:00 PM Post #45,002 of 62,436

Yeah, these have been out for a while now. Floss is late to the party. I have the FP8 which adds Qi but subtracts the Plug in case feature. They're great but currently being sold to fund the new regime I have coming :beerchug:

May 5, 2022 at 6:10 PM Post #45,003 of 62,436
For what it's worth, the MTW3 shape up to be one of my all time favorite true wireless sets, honestly. Yes, there are still quite some software bugs (!) but since I got them early anyway, I suppose and hope there will be another firmware update for the official release date in 4 days or so.

I love how they sound. So clear and detailed, yet spacious, airy, musical and fun. Love that combination. Great ANC as well. Perfect fit (for me anyway). Loud enough. No more master/slave. Wireless charging. AptX adaptive. Good call quality. Solid bluetooth connection and range.

If they iron out the quirks and add multipoint rather sooner than later, these are a winner in my book.

May 5, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #45,004 of 62,436
Anyone getting red blinking LED on the B&O EX case? I have seen it a couple times now when I charge it with wireless charger (Samsung 15W charger duo). Seems the case heats up when using wireless charger. Charging with a cable now.

For what it's worth, the MTW3 shape up to be one of my all time favorite true wireless sets, honestly. Yes, there are still quite some software bugs (!) but since I got them early anyway, I suppose and hope there will be another firmware update for the official release date in 4 days or so.

I love how they sound. So clear and detailed, yet spacious, airy, musical and fun. Love that combination. Great ANC as well. Perfect fit (for me anyway). Loud enough. No more master/slave. Wireless charging. AptX adaptive. Good call quality. Solid bluetooth connection and range.

If they iron out the quirks and add multipoint rather sooner than later, these are a winner in my book.
I wish they improve mic quality on MTW3 to be in a similar league as Technics AZ60

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 6:23 PM Post #45,005 of 62,436
Anyone getting red blinking LED on the B&O EX case? I have seen it a couple times now when I charge it with wireless charger (Samsung 15W charger duo). Seems the case heats up when using wireless charger. Charging with a cable now.

I wish they improve mic quality on MTW3 to be in a similar league as Technics AZ60
I saw it over the weekend, but want to say it was after I took them out the case or something. Everything seemed to be working, so did not pay much attention to it. Not seen that while wireless charging yet

May 5, 2022 at 6:24 PM Post #45,006 of 62,436

How's transparency mode?

May 5, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #45,007 of 62,436
How's transparency mode?
It's very good but has lots of white noise on the max setting as of now (the standard setting isn't "max", though). So depends if that's an issue or not. What I like about it is that you can set it up so that music pauses when you activate transparency mode. It's an important feature, I think, that many buds don't have for some reason.

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 6:35 PM Post #45,008 of 62,436
What I like about it is that you can set it up so that music pauses when you activate transparency mode. It's an important feature, I think, that many buds don't have for some reason.
I agree. I also like the feature more if it transitions up to playing level. The XM4s do that which is awesome to not have it blasted back into your ears.

May 5, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #45,009 of 62,436
It's very good but has lots of white noise on the max setting as of now (the standard setting isn't "max", though). So depends if that's an issue or not. What I like about it is that you can set it up so that music pauses when you activate transparency mode. It's an important feature, I think, that many buds don't have for some reason.
Yes... It's just so unbelievable that barely any OEMs has understood this besides Senny/Technics.

May 5, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #45,010 of 62,436
Spinfit CP360 arrived and Holy crap they have changed the sound of the AZ60 alot! They make the sound a lot more balanced being down the bass a fair amount. Bring the mids and treble detail and energy up.

They also fit on the Elite 7 Pro but I also like the Elite 7 Pro tips.

Aside from comfort I am thinking the Elite 7 Pro might not be my cup of tea. Ordered these from Amazon but actually came from Jabra Store, hopefully no issues returning them. I like them but not as much as the AZ60, just a bit to polite in the bass and lacking the detail of the Technics. The AZ60 also has clearer pass through which I thought would be better on the Jabra.

May 5, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #45,011 of 62,436

Appreciate the early feedback on these. Sounds like what I have been waiting for. Will likely replace my PI7s for commuting. The PI7s are great but I miss ambient when using them for commuting (using the app is sometimes not really an option for me and annoying). I always liked the original MTW (still have them but battery drain got annoying so they ended up in my unused TWS box).

Patiently waiting for the white ones which don't seem to be available yet.

May 5, 2022 at 7:20 PM Post #45,012 of 62,436
I already prefer the MTW3 to even the B&O EQ. Yes, there you have it. And I really (!) like the EQ. Not so much because of sound alone. Both sound excellent but in different ways. It's more that they have the much better fit for me, better ANC and that they are louder as well. Nevertheless, I personally prefer the sound signature on the MTW3 - it's just more up my alley in direct comparison. But that's of course highly subjective (as is everything here :D). I almost don't want to listen to the EX anymore as I know the fit on them is much improved compared to the EQ :D Good times :)

May 5, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #45,013 of 62,436
Thank you, gentlemen really appreciate you taking time to test and post these stats here!
Factory reset didn't get me anywhere but knowing you guys are seeing the 3% difference between the two is good to know. I will test these out more, maybe drain them completely and do a hard reset by pressing the touch panels for 30+ secs when in case.

Oh Really? I thought we no longer have the old master/slave technology on these new buds and these connect individually to the phone?
Where did you land on this? I think mine are doing this today. Currently 7% gap between the two buds.

May 5, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #45,014 of 62,436
Anyone have issue with gain on the B and O EX, from reviews I have read the volume is soft.
I'am currently using the Grado GT220 and it have enough power to bleed your ears, love it but keen to see what the top B and O has to offer.

May 5, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #45,015 of 62,436
Anyone have issue with gain on the B and O EX, from reviews I have read the volume is soft.
I'am currently using the Grado GT220 and it have enough power to bleed your ears, love it but keen to see what the top B and O has to offer.
He did a decibel test:

Seems like the EXs would get louder than the EQs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back