Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 4, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #44,986 of 62,112
The MTW3 tips are indeed like this, so there is the little foam pice inside of the silicone. I'm listening to the large ones as we speak. Seems like I do have a better seal/fit with the MTW1/2 stock tips, though. They do sound much better with the "old" ones in my ears at least. Interesting. I remember that I had problems with the IE300 because I had a tough time getting a good seal with the provided tips there, too.
That foam in the nozzle will definitely reduce something in the sound. The AZ60 has a similar foam in the tip and it reduces the treble a bit. It also likely protects the drivers from ear wax and such.

May 5, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #44,987 of 62,112
Late night rabbit hole over here. Decided to buy to try the new Creative Outlier Pro TWS buds which I should have this Friday. In doing so, noticed something similar again between the Creative buds and the upcoming Noble Fokus H-ANC buds.

https://www.scarbir.com/tws/creative-outlier-pro-review
https://fccid.io/2AT8X-FOKUSH-ANC/External-Photos/External-Photos-5837252

Similar if not the same shell. If I were a betting man, the new Fokus H-ANC will only have one driver like the Creative buds. Maybe someone already mentioned the driver config, can't remember. Unless Noble Audio has found a way to cram more in there... but I doubt it. This is the same thing I noticed with the Noble Falcon Pro and the Lypertek Purely Z7 when I had them. Both shells were similar, both had the same driver config. Granted, Noble should by all means tune better, but you never know. Some folks did and still do like the Lypertek Z7 over the NFP back in the day.

I know this is a common thing to do in the world of manufacturing headphones. Didn't think I'd stumble upon the same methods again with the same company.

May 5, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #44,988 of 62,112
That foam in the nozzle will definitely reduce something in the sound. The AZ60 has a similar foam in the tip and it reduces the treble a bit. It also likely protects the drivers from ear wax and such.
That might very well be the case, yes. It's definitely a driver protection first and foremost, I think. Someone from Master&Dynamic once told me that this was the case for the MW08 Sport at least.

Not sure it's so much about the sound, could be as well sure. To my ears and with my ear shape, however, the MTW3 sound and fit amazing using the MTW2 tips. Much better than with the provided ones but that will be just because of the worse fit I get fit them. Your mileage may definitely vary, of course.

May 5, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #44,989 of 62,112
Hello all.

I’m looking for some sub 100$ TWS and as I saw on manu reviews best option is Life P3, but in my country they are a little more expensive than others, so I was looking at others less “famous”. What do you think about Life P3 vs AKG N400NC? Thanks you so much!

Edit: I said nothing about AKG they don’t send international shipping. Any other alternative to Life P3? Thanks!

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #44,990 of 62,112
Hello all.

I’m looking for some sub 100$ TWS and as I saw on manu reviews best option is Life P3, but in my country they are a little more expensive than others, so I was looking at others less “famous”. What do you think about Life P3 vs AKG N400NC? Thanks you so much!

Edit: I said nothing about AKG they don’t send international shipping. Any other alternative to Life P3? Thanks!
Lypertek Tevi (Z3) is my pick. Excellently tuned but pretty feature bare.

May 5, 2022 at 8:37 AM Post #44,991 of 62,112
The MTW3 tips are indeed like this, so there is the little foam pice inside of the silicone. I'm listening to the large ones as we speak. Seems like I do have a better seal/fit with the MTW1/2 stock tips, though. They do sound much better with the "old" ones in my ears at least. Interesting. I remember that I had problems with the IE300 because I had a tough time getting a good seal with the provided tips there, too.
yeah, the ie300 tips were useless for me -- impossible to get a good seal for my ear.

May 5, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #44,992 of 62,112
Probably too early to ask for comparisons between the MTW 3 and the Technics EAH-AZ60, the two models I'm eyeing as an upgrade from my B&O E8 3.0. But, here I am, asking. :slight_smile: I do want LDAC support, which the Sennheiser doesn't have. My Galaxy S22 only supports LDAC and base aptX, so I wouldn't even be able to take advantage of the Sennheiser's support for aptX Adaptive.

Also looking at the Sony WF-1000XM4, though I currently have the over-ear XM4s and the sound leaves me wanting.

May 5, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #44,994 of 62,112
Well, so it begins again then...

Not many first impressions yet. Just about to update the firmware first at the moment.

So far...the case is slightly more compact but feels the same as before otherwise. Not sure about the charging port on the front yet. You will pretty much directly touch it every time you pick up or open the case. Not a big issue of course, especially not when charging wirelessly but I don't really see the benefit here either. It's just... different.

Other than that: Fit is extremely good for me even without the fins they come with. The buds are a bit smaller than previous generations and fit perfectly in my ears. I also like the shape - looks better than the oval one, I think.

I will add more detailed impressions of the features and the sound after testing a bit but some important things I can already say:

- There is no noticeable white noise problem that I can hear right now. Only when the transparency mode is activated but that's never really been the issue of course :)

- They are definitely louder than the MTW2 on my iPhone which is nice! More headroom is always good.

- Wireless charging works flawlessly. Tested it when I did the first charging.

- ANC is definitely better as well. I can already tell when only typing on the keyboard. Have to see how good it performs in real life situations, though.

More to come...
Since I have dodged the Sennheiser bullet thus far, maybe I deserve those

May 5, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #44,995 of 62,112
Update1 on the MTW3:

- So far, I love them. More than I liked the MTW2 and probably just as much as the MTW1 (sound wise).

- The sound is fun, energetic and "consumer friendly" with a slightly elevated bass and slightly subdued highs but still just clean and "airy" enough for me. And that's just the stock sound. Personally, I wouldn't touch the 'bass boost' feature as that makes it a bit too boomy for my liking but some folks might absolutely love this slider :wink: They are finally loud enough for me, phew! Clearly louder than the B&O EQ, for example.

- Call quality seems good. Only had one call yet but that went flawlessly and the other person heard me loud and clear.

- Connection so far has been stable. No issues yet.

- ANC is surprisingly strong and much improved. It really drowns out my TV set during the Real - City match right now :wink: Quite impressive, honestly.

- Would love to see multipoint added in the future, though. I think they said that they will implement it, so fingers crossed. As we know, B&O also did that for their EQ TWS and it was a great addition there.
I don't think you would've wanted to drown out that incredibly amazing crazy game anyways :)

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #44,996 of 62,112
Oh wow, yeah, mine came with the "latest" firmware. I don't know how often B&W releases firmware updates. The other thing I couldn't find was EQ which I'm more indifferent about, but I know a lot of people want it. I want to pull the trigger on the Beoplay EQ, but I can't for the life of me find a single FR measurement of it; the E8 is closer to my preferences tonally.
Frankly I am shocked at how big the EQ are, considering they only have a 6.8mm driver inside. With projected battery life at 6.5 hours it doesn't seem as though that space is taken up with a huge battery. Are these using their own custom DAC/amp or something?

May 5, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #44,997 of 62,112
Frankly I am shocked at how big the EQ are, considering they only have a 6.8mm driver inside. With projected battery life at 6.5 hours it doesn't seem as though that space is taken up with a huge battery. Are these using their own custom DAC/amp or something?
I know I have big ears, so they're not big to me at all. They fit great. That said, I think they just adapted the E8 3gen bud and molded the hard plastic portion around the bud. I don't think there is a DAC or amp in there like the B&W PI7. But everyone knows, with B&O, you pay a premium. I don't mind that premium, but there are tons of other options that are a better value to some. All the above said, the B&O EX fit me way better than the EQ. It's like wearing nothing at all. Hey now.

Internal-Photos-5089024

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 4:40 PM Post #44,998 of 62,112
Probably too early to ask for comparisons between the MTW 3 and the Technics EAH-AZ60, the two models I'm eyeing as an upgrade from my B&O E8 3.0. But, here I am, asking. :slight_smile: I do want LDAC support, which the Sennheiser doesn't have. My Galaxy S22 only supports LDAC and base aptX, so I wouldn't even be able to take advantage of the Sennheiser's support for aptX Adaptive.

Also looking at the Sony WF-1000XM4, though I currently have the over-ear XM4s and the sound leaves me wanting.
This guy compared it and seems like AZ60 has better mic, better bass and multipoint. MTW3 have better vocals.

May 5, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #44,999 of 62,112
This guy compared it and seems like AZ60 has better mic, better bass and multipoint. MTW3 have better vocals.

Hmm! Well I'll order them anyway from Amazon, it's prob best to do your own comparison anyway :)I also expect there to be a day one update :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back